LaunchBox Community Forums

Acorn Archimedes not working in Launchbox for me

Dave S Cramer

7 hours ago, Dane said:

It does not work unfortunately, haha. I guess I was looking for your scripty-expertise as I am a Numpty-McNooberson. There is nothing wrong with having to close with with a few keyboard and mouse clicks but I like to be a lazy twat and make everything as easy as humanly possible.

I'm kinda an AutoHotKey noob myself and can only offer solutions to problems that I've already solved. If you can close with the keyboard, you may want to try sending key commands with AutoHotKey in your close routine, the same as we did for the fullscreen routine.

Edited by ghettoandroid

18 hours ago, ghettoandroid said:

I'm kinda an AutoHotKey noob myself and can only offer solutions to problems that I've already solved. If you can close with the keyboard, you may want to try sending key commands with AutoHotKey in your close routine, the same as we did for the fullscreen routine.

I wouldn't have a clue how to do that as I know absolutely nothing about AutoHotKey stuff. Though as I am using the Archimedes with the keyboard I might as well just close it manually the old fashion way me thinks.

2 minutes ago, ghettoandroid said:

If that is the case, you're not as lazy as you claim to be.^_^ Or you don't plan to use Archimedes a whole lot. Before LaunchBox, I knew very little about scripting anything and my skills are still quite general.  

I would rather use my controller for everything and if I am using the keyboard for a system that used a keyboard have AutoHotKeys to exit. Though due to my limited knowledge thus far I cannot do a whole lot technically and creatively. I could sit here all day and ask a million questions but I know the information is out there for me to look up and learn. Problem is when I see it it all looks like gobbledygook to me. I am sure I will get there, haha. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Dane said:

I would rather use my controller for everything and if I am using the keyboard for a system that used a keyboard have AutoHotKeys to exit. Though due to my limited knowledge thus far I cannot do a whole lot technically and creatively. I could sit here all day and ask a million questions but I know the information is out there for me to look up and learn. Problem is when I see it it all looks like gobbledygook to me. I am sure I will get there, haha. Thank you.

Ya, I felt that way too at first. I guess you have to be technically minded. But I believe most of the problems are caused by psychological barriers. Once you get into it, I swear it is as easy as setting up a stereo system or following a recipe. The key is to be patient and ask good questions, Google is your friend.  The AutoHotKeys docs are pretty good too https://autohotkey.com/docs/AutoHotkey.htm. I'm sure doing everything with a controller is very possible. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 10:57 PM, HallowedTruth said:

I can't seem to get the fullscreen to work no matter what compat setting i tick on or off it just straight spazzes and on top of that ticking the 640x480 thing ended with having to hard restart 

Sorry, I've not been using Launchbox or have been on this forum for a while. I'm not sure if the emulator is using DirectX, but you might want to take a look a program called DxWnd, if you have not already solved your problem.

https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/home/Home/

• 11 months later...

idk. I'm using Arculator 0.99. What are the advantages of using Arculator 2.0 over Arculator 0.99? So far the con of using Arculator 2.0 is that the batchfile is not compatible. They should have old versions of Arculator on their website. 

Edited by ghettoandroid

On 6/24/2020 at 3:56 AM, ghettoandroid said:

idk. I'm using Arculator 0.99. What are the advantages of using Arculator 2.0 over Arculator 0.99? So far the con of using Arculator 2.0 is that the batchfile is not compatible. They should have old versions of Arculator on their website. 

• FPA10 emulation
  • Podule emulation. Current included podules : AKA31 SCSI Podule, AKD52 Hard Disc Podule, Computer Concepts Lark, HCCS Ultimate CD-ROM, ICS ideA, RISC Developments IDE Podule, Wild Vision MIDI Max, ZIDEFS
  • Much better CPU/memory timing. Now emulates ARM3 cache and MEMC1/MEMC1a timings
  • Added emulation of GamesPad, RTFM and Serial Port/Vertical Twist joysticks
  • Improved sound filter emulation
  • Re-implemented FDI support
  • Added HostFS (ported from RPCemu)
  • Disc drive noise
  • Linux port
  • Numerous bug fixes
  • Many other changes

Thanks for the points. I'm emulating an Archimedes computer with little over a dozen games. Although I never grew up with owing the Archimedes, the games I'm currently emulating seem to emulate well. Better timing emulation, ARM3 and peripherals emulation would be lost on me and wont warrant my time in updating to Arculator 2 and to come up with scripts that work with it.

Edited by ghettoandroid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/14/2018 at 11:35 PM, ghettoandroid said:

Download the script and place it in the same directory as the Arculator.exe is in.

Under Emulator Application Path in LaunchBox just, switch out "Arculator.exe" with the "arculator.bat". This should automount the game to disk 0. It can't get any simpler than this. :)

Let me know if you're having any problems

arculator.batUnavailable

code:

::### set paths ###
set DiskName0Path=%1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

::### delete arc.cfg ###
del arc.cfg

::### write arc.cfg ###
echo disc_name_0 = %DiskName0Path% > arc.cfg
(
echo no_borders = 0
echo stereo = 1
echo rom_set = 2
echo fdc_type = 0
echo fast_disc = 1
echo hardware_blit = 1
echo double_scan = 1
echo first_fullscreen = 1
echo full_borders = 0
echo hires = 0
echo fpa = 0
echo cpu_type = 0
echo mem_size = 4096
echo sound_enable = 1
echo limit_speed = 1
) >> arc.cfg

::### run emulator ###
start Arculator.exe

Is there any way to get a copy of this .bat file? I can't get launchbox to load up a game automatically.

Many thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it this thread is quite aged, but I was recently facing the same challenge, trying to get Arculator 2.1 (latest) to boot the games directly. And what can I say, it does work! So in case someone still stumbles over this thread:

Here's what needs to be done:

1.) Link the emulator to execute the standard "Arculator.exe" file

2.) For every rom file you want to boot, a config file needs to be created. To do that, run Arculator.exe outside of Launchbox. The Arculator Configuration Manager pops up. Click on "New", bottom left icon. Name the file anyway you want (it should resemble your game to easily detect, of course), but do not have blank spaces in the name. Important...

3.) After selecting the machine type, only thing I did was to set the Memory to max (16 MB), so all games would load up. Hit ok. Your freshly created config file appears within the installation folder of Arculator, under /configs. Open the file you just created, extension is .cfg, in any text editor.

4) in line 2, we can pre-mount the virtual disc. Point to the rom file here, for me this is   "Z:\EMULATION\ACORN ARCHIMEDES\Fireball II (1990)(Cambridge International).adf" and save.

5) Repeat steps 2-4 for each game you want to start via LB.

6). Now import your ROM files as you normally would into LB, using the Emulator you linked to Arculator.exe.

7.) Now we have to tell arculator to load the config (cfg) where we pointed the rom path to already. This we do in the Edit Game section -> Emulation -> Use Custom Command-Line Parameters. Here the name of the config file, which sits in the Arculator install directory (remember, folder name is "/configs") needs to be entered, BUT without the file extension. Hit ok.

grafik.thumb.png.eb31ed27a58481dc0b19c129111431b9.png

8.) Voilá, Arculator.exe automatically picks up the config file, reads the path to the rom file and preloads it in drive 0, all ready for you to boot!

Only thing I have not figured out yet is how to close out of Arculator without the Confg Manager remaining open...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is a way to launch in fullscreen? of a way to get into fullscreen without selecting it in the top menu...i.e. ctrl end exits fullscreen but is there a way to enter fullscreen with key presses. Ive developed a Python script that when pointed to launches the emu with the game in the drive and then if escape is pressed exits the emulator and also the arculator config screen that pops up after...i only need to sort this fullscreen problem out and ill convert it to an exe file that will sit in the same folder as the arculator.exe

Any advice i would be grateful as its really got me stumped