LaunchBox Community Forums
Dave S Cramer

Acorn Archimedes not working in Launchbox for me

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dane said:

It does not work unfortunately, haha. I guess I was looking for your scripty-expertise as I am a Numpty-McNooberson. There is nothing wrong with having to close with with a few keyboard and mouse clicks but I like to be a lazy twat and make everything as easy as humanly possible.

I'm kinda an AutoHotKey noob myself and can only offer solutions to problems that I've already solved. If you can close with the keyboard, you may want to try sending key commands with AutoHotKey in your close routine, the same as we did for the fullscreen routine.

Edited by ghettoandroid

18 hours ago, ghettoandroid said:

I'm kinda an AutoHotKey noob myself and can only offer solutions to problems that I've already solved. If you can close with the keyboard, you may want to try sending key commands with AutoHotKey in your close routine, the same as we did for the fullscreen routine.

I wouldn't have a clue how to do that as I know absolutely nothing about AutoHotKey stuff. Though as I am using the Archimedes with the keyboard I might as well just close it manually the old fashion way me thinks.

If that is the case, you're not as lazy as you claim to be.^_^ Or you don't plan to use Archimedes a whole lot. Before LaunchBox, I knew very little about scripting anything and my skills are still quite general.  

2 minutes ago, ghettoandroid said:

If that is the case, you're not as lazy as you claim to be.^_^ Or you don't plan to use Archimedes a whole lot. Before LaunchBox, I knew very little about scripting anything and my skills are still quite general.  

I would rather use my controller for everything and if I am using the keyboard for a system that used a keyboard have AutoHotKeys to exit. Though due to my limited knowledge thus far I cannot do a whole lot technically and creatively. I could sit here all day and ask a million questions but I know the information is out there for me to look up and learn. Problem is when I see it it all looks like gobbledygook to me. I am sure I will get there, haha. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Dane said:

I would rather use my controller for everything and if I am using the keyboard for a system that used a keyboard have AutoHotKeys to exit. Though due to my limited knowledge thus far I cannot do a whole lot technically and creatively. I could sit here all day and ask a million questions but I know the information is out there for me to look up and learn. Problem is when I see it it all looks like gobbledygook to me. I am sure I will get there, haha. Thank you.

Ya, I felt that way too at first. I guess you have to be technically minded. But I believe most of the problems are caused by psychological barriers. Once you get into it, I swear it is as easy as setting up a stereo system or following a recipe. The key is to be patient and ask good questions, Google is your friend.  The AutoHotKeys docs are pretty good too https://autohotkey.com/docs/AutoHotkey.htm. I'm sure doing everything with a controller is very possible. 

• Thanks 1