LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox low resolution

trellos

Making some progress...here's the platform view. My monitor only goes down to 800x600 but the theme should scale nicely to any 4:3 resolution. I assume this will work on a CRT but I don't have a way to test it. It may need some tweaking since CRT's don't have a set height pixel dimension (if I remember correctly). I'm also not too solid on the grey color so don't be alarmed, I can change it easily. It was just an easy neutral tone to get going.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grila said:

Making some progress...here's the platform view. My monitor only goes down to 800x600 but the theme should scale nicely to any 4:3 resolution. I assume this will work on a CRT but I don't have a way to test it. It may need some tweaking since CRT's don't have a set height pixel dimension (if I remember correctly). I'm also not too solid on the grey color so don't be alarmed, I can change it easily. It was just an easy neutral tone to get going.

Looking great. Exactly the kind of theme I would want on a 4:3 cab, simple, clean and quick.

Edited by keltoigael
  • Thanks 1

Some more progress...I ditched the images and made the UI elements in XAML so they can scale to any resolution without losing quality like an image does. I also tweaked the wheel animation a bit. You probably won't be able to read the game details screen on an CRT, but I themed it anyways for people who want to use this on a LCD cabinet. I still have some work to do on miscellaneous parts, but it should be done by the end of next week.

@trellos can you download this beta file and test it out on your CRT? I'm would like to make sure everything is looking good before I finish up. After unzipping it in your theme directory, you'll have to unblock the .dll file in the "plugins" folder. Don't worry, it only contains the font :)

This theme is for 4:3 aspect ONLY folks, it will not look right on anything else. Please...there's no need to tell me it doesn't look right if you aren't on 4:3.

MinimalCRTBeta.zip 

Here's the latest screen grabs:

1.thumb.png.50b3ef7156e46d9abc6f312dc399dda0.png2.thumb.png.f52f3f46197e11d1c153117ec6e1dc01.png3.thumb.png.4feb64f8b8e5bb264c3941f7a055a603.png4.thumb.png.3cccbf8d4d83209a0c0dd0ed82620508.png5.thumb.png.af9d59f6c89403ad6cd7195185653260.png

• Like 2