Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Ranthalion75

WinVice fullscreen problem through Rocket Launcher

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure about the high pitch noise, I don't think I've ever run into that. You might want to try altering the sound settings. Maybe reduce the sample rate.

I'm not sure if the popping you're talking about is the same thing, but the windows version has some video sync issues that causes it to occasionally make a pop sound. This isn't an issue in the DOS version, and is one of the reasons I use it.

It does auto save settings on exit, but it has to be exited properly via alt+f4 or through the menu. If you force/process close it, it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must have been an issue with just copying the folder from one pc to the other.
I had to do a reinstall to get the settings to save.

As for the whining it seems to have disappeared with the new install.
I still get a pop on boot and shutdown... I'll experiment with that later.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the reasons I stopped using WinVice was because of the fullscreen issue. I use Retroarch now and it works fine. I'm using the Vice x64 Core. If you're not able to get the joystick to work just hit F10 on your keyboard while the game is running. Then use your mouse to pick Joystick 1 and then click Resume to return to your game. For some strange reason the Core starts with Joystick 2 selected.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orionsangel said:

For some strange reason the Core starts with Joystick 2 selected.

Port 2 is the most commonly used of the two. Port 2 is considered "standard".

https://www.c64-wiki.com/wiki/Control_Port

1 hour ago, Orionsangel said:

If you're not able to get the joystick to work just hit F10 on your keyboard while the game is running. Then use your mouse to pick Joystick 1 and then click Resume to return to your game.

Toooooooo much work. I press two buttons on my controller and it flips from one to the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orionsangel said:

One of the reasons I stopped using WinVice was because of the fullscreen issue. I use Retroarch now and it works fine. I'm using the Vice x64 Core. If you're not able to get the joystick to work just hit F10 on your keyboard while the game is running. Then use your mouse to pick Joystick 1 and then click Resume to return to your game. For some strange reason the Core starts with Joystick 2 selected.

 

I don't have any full screen issues with Winvice...

If I need to go from joy1 to joy2 I just take one step to the right in front of my cabinet 😎
But also easy enough to set up a hot key like Zombeaver said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×