LaunchBox Community Forums

Showing off the BigBox

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

3 hours ago, Porl Hendy said:

WOW what a great set up, wish i had my set up as sweet as that. Is all the media available on here or have you created alot yourself?

Thanks!

Everything is available from the forums or from downloading via LB (for @JamesBaker's platform vids).

The theme is @CriticalCid's Critical Zone - Blue Box

The background video is from a collection uploaded by @Zombeaver, I'm pretty sure, but I can't remember where he uploaded it to in Downloads.

All of the Playlist themes and themes for the PC games were made by me and are available from their respective downloads sections. I've got a few hundred game-specific themes uploaded across multiple platforms (currently working on PS2/PC) and will continue uploading new ones as I complete theme. Same for platforms/playlists (The Windows and MSX ones I did too).

The Computers and TG-CD themes were done by Retrohumanoid. The Computers vid is here, but you may have to get the TG-CD one from his website: http://retrohumanoid.weebly.com/downloads.html

The PS4 sound files can also be downloaded from the forums (along with several other sound files). https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/3-big-box-sound-packs/

About the only things I don't upload are the wallpapers for games.

TL;DR

Yep, just about all of it you can download from here :D

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't like too much clutter and I could probably pare it down even more honestly.

It's easy to get that setup; just a few steps:

In LaunchBox, I set the view to "Platform Categories"view.thumb.png.fee4ae0ff8692d49313d29825c800e77.pngIn an empty area in the left-hand column, right-click and choose "Add".

Create the new Platform "Playlists" Category here.

When you create a Playlist or want to add an existing Playlist to this, edit it and check the "Include this Playlist in Platforms Lists" box and choose your Playlists Category from the drop down.

Playlist.thumb.png.d7ad0e1a2e9a040cbf35e8c1dabba711.png

After that, open up BigBox and go to Options -> "Views". Under "Default Startup View", change it to "Platform Categories".

Hope that helps!

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
  • Like 1

Hi, thanks for the quick response! Found it a few minutes after my post. 

So obvious, I feld stupid so deleted my message. Shouldn't have done that in case other people can use the info. But, your post is very complete. My post can be missed :D.

Again compliments for your setup AND the artwork you created!

Edited by Machello