LaunchBox Community Forums

Showing off the BigBox

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

Well, depending on what you want to appear there, go into Options in BigBox and then to Platform Details; check the boxes for whatever information you want to be visible.

If you don't have something configured, you'll have to do that before the information will actually show and some things won't appear at all (example: default emulator doesn't display under the categories screen. It only appears under the platform screen and only if you associated an emulator to be the default for that platform).

For notes, if you right-click the playlist in LaunchBox and edit it, there is a tab for additional notes, so you can add some flavor text for each playlist. If you want some flavor text for the root Playlist category, just right-click that and do the same.

3 minutes ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

Well, depending on what you want to appear there, go into Options in BigBox and then to Platform Details; check the boxes for whatever information you want to be visible.

If you don't have something configured, you'll have to do that before the information will actually show and some things won't appear at all (example: default emulator doesn't display under the categories screen. It only appears under the platform screen and only if you associated an emulator to be the default for that platform).

For notes, if you right-click the playlist in LaunchBox and edit it, there is a tab for additional notes, so you can add some flavor text for each playlist. If you want some flavor text for the root Playlist category, just right-click that and do the same.

All the options in BB Platform details are selected. I see options like you have like: Total Games, Games Completed and Play Count. But where there are numbers in your setup, mine displays 0. 

The note part I allready sorted out :-). Only the details section is 'empty'. I added a screenshot how it looks like.

Playlist Details.PNG

1 hour ago, Machello said:

All the options in BB Platform details are selected. I see options like you have like: Total Games, Games Completed and Play Count. But where there are numbers in your setup, mine displays 0. 

The note part I allready sorted out :-). Only the details section is 'empty'. I added a screenshot how it looks like.

Playlist Details.PNG

I guess I'm not sure if you have everything turned on for Platform Details. Platform Details specifically correlates to this view and the one for the actual Platforms... I went through and de-selected options and saw they were gone and came back when I re-selected them. I tested to see if the Filter Details made a difference by turning those on and off, but it doesn't seem to matter if those are selected or not.

Can't say it's the theme either because you are using the same one.

That's a head scratcher.

Edit to the above.

I see what you mean now.

I have Last Played, Most Played and Play Count, in addition to what's in your screenshot. Those are things that won't appear until you actually launch a game from a Playlist.

If that doesn't show anything after that, then I'm going to guess it would have to be a bug.

And for games completed, you'll have to edit the game's details in LB and check the box in there. Hopefully Jason will add the ability to mark games completed to BB eventually (I put it on the "small things" list).

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

Am switching between work laptop and private laptop with Launchbox Bigbox. Working at the moment. Will try asap to launch one of the games in the playlists and hope details will appear. Will let you know!

EDIT:

Just started some games but details in platform category for Playlists won't  change. However, there are (correct) details in playlists available. I can see which game I mostly played (the one I just started) and play count etc. 

Edited by Machello

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Porl Hendy said:

@CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT woul it be possible for u to upload all the playlists to go with the media u have created please :) thank you

My Playlist XMLs are attached. I don't have a Wrestling playlist; just made that as a request and the Looney Tunes one just has two games in it, but here you go! I'm also still working on a video for Shmups, but the playlist is here.

Castlevania Collection.xml

Fighter Classics.xml

Final Fantasy.xml

Looney Tunes Collection.xml

Mario Collection.xml

Mega Man.xml

Metal Slug.xml

Metroid Collection.xml

Mortal Kombat.xml

NES Black Box.xml

Shmups.xml

Sonic the Hedgehog.xml

The Legend of Zelda.xml

Virtua Fighter Collection.xml

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, qupe75 said:

Really nice set up.  How long have you been working on this?

I am slowly building a setup at present, on 15 systems haha, but not full sets, like you want stuff that either I'll play or the family will.  Shmups are a big love of mine.

Thanks!

I've been working on this LB setup for the last year and half-ish. I've still got at least a couple more years left for all the videos I still need to make for each game.

Yeah, I don't really want a bunch of games I know I will never, ever care to play. Odds are, most of what I have now will never get played :D

56 minutes ago, angelobodetti said:

Looks great, what games do you use for super gameboy? Are they games specific to that or basically just a subset of your gameboy games?

It's just my regular Gameboy collection setup as a Super Gameboy playlist. I did it more for fun since there was a ROM for the Super GB and I'd probably only play from the Super Gameboy list anyway, for color. :D

• 1 month later...