LaunchBox Community Forums

@neil9000 Thanks for posting the clip. My issue is weird as with either VLC of WMP I get the exhaust. However, for me what happens is I can have either the platform category/platform level or the games level playing the video. Not both. If the games level is not working and I switch views they work. However, back out to platform level and now the videos do not work there. Change the platform level view and they work again......BUT go into game level and they stop working. 

Video Here. In the video  I switch from WMP to VLC and you see the error still. Even if I reboot after the switch VLC gives the same error. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@neil9000 Thanks for posting the clip. My issue is weird as with either VLC of WMP I get the exhaust. However, for me what happens is I can have either the platform category/platform level or the games level playing the video. Not both. If the games level is not working and I switch views they work. However, back out to platform level and now the videos do not work there. Change the platform level view and they work again......BUT go into game level and they stop working. 

Video Here. In the video  I switch from WMP to VLC and you see the error still. Even if I reboot after the switch VLC gives the same error. 

Hmm very strange, we are both seeing similar but at the same time very different issues. o.O

4 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Not currently, but that's a great idea. I'll add it to my todo list. Btw, are you still having problems with the videos? You mentioned a problem when you upgraded to 0.99; is that still there with 1.0-b1?

No videos load quick, but now I'm having an issue with it saying "media players exhausted" whenever I get into a platform's game list. It happens with both It also pauses for a couple of seconds whenever returning to the main menu, Platform Categories in my case.

BTWI love that the wheel images take a couple seconds to fade now:)

12 minutes ago, Omen said:

No videos load quick, but now I'm having an issue with it saying "media players exhausted" whenever I get into a platform's game list. It happens with both It also pauses for a couple of seconds whenever returning to the main menu, Platform Categories in my case.

Looks like Omen is having the same issue as I am. @Omen Does it have the same error using VLC and WMP? 

Edited by Retro808

13 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah I am only seeing it on WMP, VLC is fine. So strange. I do have VLC installed on my system also, not just the one in the launchbox folder, shouldn't be any different, just a thought.

I have VLC installed too. I always seem to have random issues with BB and VLC, even with other themes, but I've never seen this issue before.

5 minutes ago, Omen said:

I have VLC installed too. I always seem to have random issues with BB and VLC, even with other themes, but I've never seen this issue before.

OK, was just a random thought I had. :)@eatkinola are you threading any of this behind the scenes? Could it be trying to use threads that are not available? Not a coder so apologies, just some random thoughts. :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

OK, was just a random thought I had. :)@eatkinola are you threading any of this behind the scenes? Could it be trying to use threads that are not available? Not a coder so apologies, just some random thoughts. :) 

Not exactly, but close with your random thoughts. I'm limiting the number of media players created. I'll post an update soon to address this.

Updated to 1.0-beta2; please see download page for changes. Includes two changes to the media player pool, either of which should put the "media players exhausted" issue to rest. Thanks again for putting up with the bugs and providing great feedback. @neil9000 please test the first item in the change log. I tried to test it but was unsuccessful; BB keeps assigning a per-platform default image even when I delete that setting for a particular platform, so I could not fully test that change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update @eatkinola, I can also confirm the same as @Retro808 videos now work fine for me in both VLC and WMP. :) However I am still only getting box-front images by default even with it set to 3D boxes in the Bigbox options. This isn't really a big issue as I would assume most people use box-front anyway, and I can manually override this by going into each platform and switching image type. I am also getting a error at launch which I will paste below. I did a bit of testing and narrowed it down a little. I have my bigbox set to launch into the platform list, and I hit this error every single time I launch Bigbox, however I can just click close on the error and Bigbox continues to work as normal. However if I go into the Bigbox options and set it to launch into the Platform categories rather than just platforms I do not get the error, so it seems to be isolated to starting up into Platforms only.

Thanks again.

mscorlib.Resources.Libraries.Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_0.resources.dll is not found as an Embedded Resource.
App:     Big Box
Version: 7.14
Type:    System.Exception
Site:    System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly _nLoad(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, IntPtr, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
Source:  mscorlib
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalGetSatelliteAssembly(String name, CultureInfo culture, Version version, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetSatelliteAssembly(CultureInfo lookForCulture, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Dictionary`2 localResourceSets, Boolean tryParents, Boolean createIfNotExists, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo requestedCulture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean wrapUnmanagedMemStream)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetStream(String name, CultureInfo culture)
   at MS.Internal.Resources.ResourceManagerWrapper.GetStream(String name)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.ResourcePart.GetStreamCore(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at System.Windows.Application.GetResourceStream(Uri uriResource)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.SwissArmyTools.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<LoadImageAsyncForNamedResource>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.SwissArmyTools.<LoadImageAsyncForNamedResource>d__14.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.SwissArmyTools.<SetImageSourceAsyncForNamedResource>d__19.MoveNext()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Recent Log:
   12:54:43 PM Music.Resume Start
   12:54:43 PM Music.Pause Start
   12:54:43 PM Music.Resume Start
   12:54:57 PM Exception

@eatkinola the media player exhausted issue is fixed for me :) The only issue I still have is performance, it takes about 5 seconds to enter and back out of categories and platforms. 0.98a is still the best performing version for me. I wish I could add the delayed wheel fade to 0.98a lol.

Edited by Omen

On 11/3/2017 at 8:24 AM, alnyden said:

On 11/3/2017 at 8:59 AM, alnyden said:

Yes, I've checked everything, I can't seem to get it to work.  It's still loading a random image from the Launchbox Fanart folder.  Maybe I'll check later with fresh eyes and see if I'm doing something wrong.  Thanks for your feedback.

Finally got it to work!  The trick for me was putting the images in Launchbox/Images/Playlists/Playlist/Fanart.  (Not Nostolgia/Images).  Also, you can put multiple images in that folder and it will choose one randomly.  Thanks for adding this!  Now only if I could get the platform to show up in the game details.  :) For some reason it displays in the wheel views, but not here.  Anyway, thanks again @eatkinola.

2 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Finally got it to work!  The trick for me was putting the images in Launchbox/Images/Playlists/Playlist/Fanart.  (Not Nostolgia/Images).  Also, you can put multiple images in that folder and it will choose one randomly.  Thanks for adding this!  Now only if I could get the platform to show up in the game details.  :) For some reason it displays in the wheel views, but not here.  Anyway, thanks again @eatkinola.

Uh oh, just got another freeze.  It's the first time it happened since I switched to WMP but it's basically the same issue -- started to get sluggish while scrolling and then froze.  The audio is still playing (I think from the soundtrack) but video went black and can not navigate any more.

20 hours ago, Omen said:

@eatkinola the media player exhausted issue is fixed for me :) The only issue I still have is performance, it takes about 5 seconds to enter and back out of categories and platforms. 0.98a is still the best performing version for me. I wish I could add the delayed wheel fade to 0.98a lol.

Hey @Omen sorry you're having that trouble. What does the screen look like for those 5 seconds. I've not been able to replicate that problem, so I'm not yet sure what's causing it.

9 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Hey @Omen sorry you're having that trouble. What does the screen look like for those 5 seconds. I've not been able to replicate that problem, so I'm not yet sure what's causing it.

It looks normal, but seems to take awhile to load the previous assets that were loaded before going into the platform. I wonder if it's something to do with the cache?