LaunchBox Community Forums

6 minutes ago, croppie1kenobi said:

Using newest version, I had it set to VLC but changed to media player same outcome

Thanks, that narrows it down a bit. Does it happen when you select a certain platform, or with all platforms? If certain platforms, what are their names?

P.s. I would expect the text-based view and wheel views to work fine. This error should only affect Platform/GameWheel1 and Platform/GameWheel3.

P.p.s. MinimalX would give the same error on these views, as it uses the same control.

Edited by eatkinola

1 minute ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks, that narrows it down a bit. Does it happen when you select a certain platform, or with all platforms? If certain platforms, what are their names?

P.s. I would expect the text-based view and wheel views to work fine. This error should only affect Platform/GameWheel1 and Platform/GameWheel3.

P.p.s. MinimalX would give the same error on these views, as it uses the same control.

yup. just tried MinimalX and same. I can't even get to platforms view before crash. I select theme, restart big box and crash

4 minutes ago, croppie1kenobi said:

yup. just tried MinimalX and same. I can't even get to platforms view before crash. I select theme, restart big box and crash

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<LaunchBox>
  <ThemeSettings>
    <ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>
    <ForceGamesEnableBackgroundVideos>false</ForceGamesEnableBackgroundVideos>
    <ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>
    <ForcePlatformsEnableBackgroundVideos>false</ForcePlatformsEnableBackgroundVideos>
    <DisablePlatformWheel1FiltersView>true</DisablePlatformWheel1FiltersView>
    <DisablePlatformWheel2FiltersView>true</DisablePlatformWheel2FiltersView>
    <DisablePlatformWheel3FiltersView>false</DisablePlatformWheel3FiltersView>
    <DisablePlatformWheel4FiltersView>true</DisablePlatformWheel4FiltersView>
    <DisableBoxesGamesView>true</DisableBoxesGamesView>
    <DisableCoverFlowGamesView>true</DisableCoverFlowGamesView>
    <DisableCoverFlowWithDetailsGamesView>true</DisableCoverFlowWithDetailsGamesView>
    <DisableWheelGamesView>true</DisableWheelGamesView>
    <DisableWheel2GamesView>true</DisableWheel2GamesView>
    <DisableWheel3GamesView>false</DisableWheel3GamesView>
    <DisableWheel4GamesView>true</DisableWheel4GamesView>
    <DisableHorizontalWheel1GamesView>true</DisableHorizontalWheel1GamesView>
    <DisableHorizontalWheel2GamesView>true</DisableHorizontalWheel2GamesView>
    <DisableHorizontalWheel3GamesView>true</DisableHorizontalWheel3GamesView>
    <DisableWallGamesView>true</DisableWallGamesView>
    <ForceDisablePlatformNotes>true</ForceDisablePlatformNotes>
    <ForceOverrideBackgroundFade>false</ForceOverrideBackgroundFade>
    <BackgroundFadeValue>0</BackgroundFadeValue>
  </ThemeSettings>
</LaunchBox>

A workaround would be to disable these views in the Nostalgia\ThemeSettings.xaml file. I'll work on a proper fix.

<DisablePlatformWheel3FiltersView>true</DisablePlatformWheel3FiltersView>
<DisableWheel3GamesView>true</DisableWheel3GamesView>

Just now, eatkinola said:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<LaunchBox>
  <ThemeSettings>
    <ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>
    <ForceGamesEnableBackgroundVideos>false</ForceGamesEnableBackgroundVideos>
    <ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>
    <ForcePlatformsEnableBackgroundVideos>false</ForcePlatformsEnableBackgroundVideos>
    <DisablePlatformWheel2FiltersView>true</DisablePlatformWheel2FiltersView>
    <DisablePlatformWheel3FiltersView>false</DisablePlatformWheel3FiltersView>
    <DisablePlatformWheel4FiltersView>true</DisablePlatformWheel4FiltersView>
    <DisableBoxesGamesView>true</DisableBoxesGamesView>
    <DisableCoverFlowGamesView>true</DisableCoverFlowGamesView>
    <DisableCoverFlowWithDetailsGamesView>true</DisableCoverFlowWithDetailsGamesView>
    <DisableWheel2GamesView>true</DisableWheel2GamesView>
    <DisableWheel3GamesView>false</DisableWheel3GamesView>
    <DisableWheel4GamesView>true</DisableWheel4GamesView>
    <DisableHorizontalWheel1GamesView>true</DisableHorizontalWheel1GamesView>
    <DisableHorizontalWheel2GamesView>true</DisableHorizontalWheel2GamesView>
    <DisableHorizontalWheel3GamesView>true</DisableHorizontalWheel3GamesView>
    <DisableWallGamesView>true</DisableWallGamesView>
    <ForceDisablePlatformNotes>true</ForceDisablePlatformNotes>
    <ForceOverrideBackgroundFade>false</ForceOverrideBackgroundFade>
    <BackgroundFadeValue>0</BackgroundFadeValue>
  </ThemeSettings>
</LaunchBox>

A workaround would be to disable these views in the Nostalgia\ThemeSettings.xaml file. I'll work on a proper fix.

<DisablePlatformWheel3FiltersView>true</DisablePlatformWheel3FiltersView>
<DisableWheel3GamesView>true</DisableWheel3GamesView>

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

Since switching to 1.2 (and now 1.3), I've lost the game details screen (the one with the game description, number of players, platform, etc). Any way to get this back? I might be in the minority, but sometimes it was cool to be able to read a bit about a game that I was less familiar with. I also downloaded your MinimalX theme as well (awesome by the way!) and it seems to be missing this section as well so I'm guessing this may have been a design change. 

10 hours ago, emudude said:

Since switching to 1.2 (and now 1.3), I've lost the game details screen (the one with the game description, number of players, platform, etc). Any way to get this back? I might be in the minority, but sometimes it was cool to be able to read a bit about a game that I was less familiar with. I also downloaded your MinimalX theme as well (awesome by the way!) and it seems to be missing this section as well so I'm guessing this may have been a design change. 

Yes, I did change the design to try and make the themes more cohesive. As a theme can only have one text view, I unfortunately won't be able to add the old text views back. However, you can modify and add those views back for your purposes. I had responded to @alnyden about a similar question earlier in this thread; you might check with him to see if he already did this.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2018 at 6:22 AM, eatkinola said:

Yes, I did change the design to try and make the themes more cohesive. As a theme can only have one text view, I unfortunately won't be able to add the old text views back. However, you can modify and add those views back for your purposes. I had responded to @alnyden about a similar question earlier in this thread; you might check with him to see if he already did this.

I didn't combine the two versions, what I'm doing is using the older version with the text view on certain platforms and the new version on others.  To do that, I re-named the old version NostalgiaOld.  Then I had to go into the View files, searched for "Nostalgia" and changed them to "NostalgiaOld" when it was part of a link to a file.  If there's a way to move the old text view into the new version, that would be even better I suppose.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, DragoonDemon4 said:

I have this issue when playing videos with WMP, but now in the new update I have similar issues with the text too

Thanks for reporting the bug -- I suspect it's happening because in Europe you use commas instead of periods for decimal points, so it's a problem with how I'm parsing the @INDEX files used to configure the theme. I can fix the code to account for that. If you want a workaround in the meantime, you could look for the line that says VideoSimulateCRT and change the value from True to False.

<Setter Property="VideoSimulateCRT" Value="False" />

If you want to remove the scrolling text from the videos, look here:

On 8/8/2018 at 5:42 AM, DragoonDemon4 said:

I have this issue when playing videos with WMP, but now in the new update I have similar issues with the text too, and with the game videos section

With help from @DragoonDemon4 this bug is squashed -- I'll roll it out with the next release. Please let me know if y'all notice anything else. Also let me know if you have any feature requests, and I'll look into it if it can be done in the next few weeks.

3 hours ago, Fornax said:

This is a really amazing theme, Thanks

Glad you like it. Lots of blood and sweat into it.

3 hours ago, Fornax said:

ps. any chance of adding "Acorn BBC Microcomputer" platform background to the theme?

You got it -- I'll include this with the next update.

ACORN_BBC.thumb.png.cbfb9d75f46a995b2167c2bdb86f7683.png

Updated to v1.5, including bugfixes wrapped up in themer v3.8, as well as some theme-specific additions. Most notably, you can now easily hide the details sidebar if you want to keep the selector (e.g., wheel) visible at all times. You can also now more easily show/hide the platform and game notes overlays. See change log for more info.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2018 at 5:06 PM, eatkinola said:

Updated to v1.5, including bugfixes wrapped up in themer v3.8, as well as some theme-specific additions. Most notably, you can now easily hide the details sidebar if you want to keep the selector (e.g., wheel) visible at all times. You can also now more easily show/hide the platform and game notes overlays. See change log for more info.

Love this!  Question -- how do you hide the details sidebar?  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I don't see it in the change log.