LaunchBox Community Forums

Thank's for the update @eatkinola, i can confirm that my arcade playlists now display the correct background image and the correct playlist video. :) 

However one little issue, sorry. :) When i actually go into a game view for the arcade playlists i still get the default background rather than the one that goes with the system. I'm not sure if that is intentional or just because it's still a WIP, but thought i should mention it. I am actually just going to bed, so i will have a proper play with it in the morning.

Thank's again. 

Screenshot (379).png

3 minutes ago, UnderwoodNC said:

All the arcade playlists are working for me now except for CPS-1 for some reason.  Looks amazing, thanks again!

Yeah i noticed this to, it's just missing from the playlist folder, there is a copy in the platforms folder though, just copy and paste. You may need to edit the name of the image and the index file though as they are named Capcom Play System I, but my playlist was just called Capcom Play System.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UnderwoodNC said:

except for CPS-1 for some reason

Great! For the CPS-1 issue, check the @INDEX file in the Images\AVLF\Playlists folders. The images on the left are referenced according to columns 3 and 4.  Column 4 allows you to specify an additional string to reference the background images, so you can add "Capcom Play System" or "Capcom Play System I" in column 4 next to "Capcom Classics" to add a second key for this image. Alternatively, you can add a row for the "Capcom Play System I.png" file -- it will have the same values for column 2 (position of the device's screen) as other similar backgrounds. I'll have to add some docs so everyone knows how to edit these files to accommodate their specific setup. For the @INDEX files included with the theme, I tried to use the common/default names as per LB. The names of the images don't really matter, but columns 3 and 4 matter and should match up with how your LB database is setup.

I am having an issue with playlists when using Platform Wheel 1. In this view I get a crash and the attached bug report. However, if I change the Platform Wheel 2 I do not get the crash. I have changed views several times and each time I use Platform Wheel View 1 and go to my Playlist it crashes. Arcade, Handheld, Console all work in this view. 

Lovin' this theme by the way!

Nostalgia_Playlist_Error.JPG

Edited by Retro808

7 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Platform Wheel 2

Really glad you like the theme! Thanks for trying out the alpha; feedback will help me fix the bugs.

There is only one Platform Wheel view in this theme. Do you mean the text-based view or something else? Which version of the theme are you using? I recently posted v0.96a to fix some playlist issues, albeit not the one you mention above -- you're the first to mention that one. P.s I'm shutting down for the night, but I'll look at this more tomorrow. Thanks again.

Thanks @eatkinola 

I am using v0.96a. In the Platform List views I can change to two views. Wheel 1 and Wheel 2. Wheel 1 view style is the one I get the crash with and it is only when I go to my Playlist. If I select any other platform I get no error. It is the first image below. In the second image that Platform view style I can access my Playlist without the crash.

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by Retro808
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Retro808 said:

only when I go to my Playlist

Hey Retro. Great explanation and screenshots, really helped a lot. I was able to replicate this issue and added a fix to the library. Replace Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll in the theme's Plugins directory with the following one. You'll have to unblock this file like you did the theme. Please let me know if it works for you, and I'll roll it into the next update.

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll

I've noticed some DS and 3DS video previews don't look right because they show both screens vertically. I can't think of a good way to fix that so I'll probably just download single screen videos for those platforms, no big deal. Also could you make a view for Virtual Boy?

1 hour ago, Omen said:

I've noticed some DS and 3DS video previews don't look right because they show both screens vertically. I can't think of a good way to fix that so I'll probably just download single screen videos for those platforms, no big deal. Also could you make a view for Virtual Boy?

Yes, the DS and 3DS are special cases. I don't currently have a solution for those. Do you have a source of single screen vids for those platforms? It looks like those on emumovies are dual screen. I think I'll embed a logo or something in the second screen so it doesn't just look empty. As for Virtual Boy, no problem I can create a view for that. Thanks for the feedback!

14 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Yes, the DS and 3DS are special cases. I don't currently have a solution for those. Do you have a source of single screen vids for those platforms? It looks like those on emumovies are dual screen. I think I'll embed a logo or something in the second screen so it doesn't just look empty. As for Virtual Boy, no problem I can create a view for that. Thanks for the feedback!

I currently don't have a source for single screen DS videos. I wonder if the video could play unsquished and be positioned in a way that only the top screen is visible, with a logo like you said covering the bottom screen?

A few other issues I noticed:

Emumovies GBA video snaps are .3gp files, but don't play in the theme.

Images now show up in place of videos, but not in the game details view.

And I have a category for playlists, whenever I highlight that category BB crashes and gives this error:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.12-beta-3
Type:    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Site:    Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Plugins.PlatformMetadataTable.ZoopLastPlayedGameText(IGame[] games, String& datePlayed)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Plugins.PlatformMetadataTable.UpdateMetadata(IPlatform platform, IPlatformCategory category, IPlaylist playlist)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass25_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.ChildViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass25_0.<OnPluginSelectionChanged>b__0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at (Action , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at (ChildViewModelBase , FilterType , String , Platform , Game )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.ChildViewModelBase.OnPluginSelectionChanged(FilterType filterType, String filterValue, Platform platform, Game game)
   at (PlatformFiltersViewModelBase , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.<selectionChangedTimer_Elapsed>b__11_0(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

9:53:41 AM Music.Resume Start
   9:53:41 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:53:41 AM Music.Pause Start
   9:53:41 AM Music.Resume Start
   9:53:45 AM Music.Initialize Start
   9:53:45 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:53:45 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:54:18 AM Exception

Edited by Omen

1 minute ago, Omen said:

video could play unsquished and be positioned in a way that only the top screen is visible

Great idea -- I think that's a simple solution since I'd just need to reposition the video; no video editing required.

2 minutes ago, Omen said:

Also I have a category for playlists and whenever I highlight that category BB crashes and gives this error

Thanks for the report. I believe I've fixed that; will be in the next alpha release. I'll try to post an updated release this weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eatkinola said:

@Omen: Here's your Virtual Boy background. It'll be in the next release. It won't play the video in triplicate, as that would complicate the code a bit too much for right now. At least the video snaps for the Virtual Boy are simpler and will fit nicely into the main screen.

59d909e381a9a_NintendoVirtualBoy.thumb.png.f04a0cfa84ac06172f98c0072fa2a18f.png

While you are at it eatkinola is there any chance of a spectrum one also? 

1 minute ago, eatkinola said:

@Omen: Here's your Virtual Boy background. It'll be in the next release. It won't play the video in triplicate, as that would complicate the code a bit too much for right now. At least the video snaps for the Virtual Boy are simpler and will fit nicely into the main screen.

Awesome, that was quick! Yeah no need to complicate the code just for that, the one screen is perfect. I noticed a few other issues:

Emumovies GBA video snaps are .3gp files, but don't play in the theme, and images now show up in place of videos correctly, but not in the game details view.