LaunchBox Community Forums

1 hour ago, Omen said:

Here's one for NEC SuperGrafx

Nice! I added scanlines.

1 hour ago, Omen said:

One more, Atari Lynx

Forgot about that one, thanks!

P.s Let me know if you're thinking about doing any more, because I have a head start on some of them. Hopefully we've gotten most of them at this point, though I'm sure there will always be others. @viking's platform background set is quite thorough.

3 hours ago, Omen said:

Emumovies GBA video snaps are .3gp files, but don't play in the theme.

Don't have GBA in my collection, but when I browsed emumovies it looks like the videos are MP4 format (?). Anyways, I should be able to make VLC support 3GP (because it has built-in support for this format) ... but 3GP is not supported in WMP without a codec pack.

3 hours ago, Omen said:

images now show up in place of videos correctly, but not in the game details view

Good catch. The game details page does not use my plugin; I'll see if I can change that.

1 minute ago, eatkinola said:

Don't have GBA in my collection, but when I browsed emumovies it looks like the videos are MP4 format (?). Anyways, I should be able to make VLC support 3GP (because it has built-in support for this format) ... but 3GP is not supported in WMP without a codec pack.

All my GBA videos are mp4 also.

27 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

P.s Let me know if you're thinking about doing any more, because I have a head start on some of them. Hopefully we've gotten most of them at this point, though I'm sure there will always be others. @viking's platform background set is quite thorough.

I think Xbox (original) is the only one I'm missing for me. A few others that were there didn't work for me like Neo Geo (the space in NeoGeo messed it up), but I added the spelling I had to the FILTER NAME ALT and everything worked.

29 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

All my GBA videos are mp4 also.

IDK why mine are all 3gp, I'll just re download them, so weird lol.

Edit: I bulk renamed the file extensions to mp4 and they work now.

Edited by Omen

On 10/2/2017 at 7:06 PM, neil9000 said:

When i actually go into a game view for the arcade playlists i still get the default background rather than the one that goes with the system. I'm not sure if that is intentional or just because it's still a WIP, but thought i should mention it.

Updated to 0.97a. @neil9000 please let me know if this ^^ is still an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eatkinola said:

I'm still getting an error when I highlight my playlists category:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.12-beta-3
Type:    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Site:    Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Plugins.PlatformMetadataTable.ZoopLastPlayedGameText(IGame[] games, String& datePlayed)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Plugins.PlatformMetadataTable.UpdateMetadata(IPlatform platform, IPlatformCategory category, IPlaylist playlist)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass25_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.ChildViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass25_0.<OnPluginSelectionChanged>b__0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at (Action , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at (ChildViewModelBase , FilterType , String , Platform , Game )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.ChildViewModelBase.OnPluginSelectionChanged(FilterType filterType, String filterValue, Platform platform, Game game)
   at (PlatformFiltersViewModelBase , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.<selectionChangedTimer_Elapsed>b__11_0(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

4:33:05 PM Music.Resume Start
   4:33:05 PM Music.Pause Start
   4:33:05 PM Music.Resume Start
   4:33:09 PM Music.Initialize Start
   4:33:10 PM Music.Kill Start
   4:33:10 PM Music.Kill Finished
   4:34:41 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:34:48 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:35:23 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:35:26 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:35:27 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:35:33 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:35:34 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:35:34 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   4:35:34 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   4:35:34 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   4:35:34 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   4:35:44 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:35:44 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   4:35:44 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   4:35:44 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   4:35:44 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   4:35:45 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   4:35:45 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   4:35:45 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   4:35:45 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   4:35:46 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:35:47 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   4:35:53 PM Exception

1 hour ago, eatkinola said:

Hi @eatkinola, thank's for the update and the continued support on this. :) Unfortunately the issue with the Arcade Playlist Game list still persists. I get the correct arcade cabinets while browsing the Arcade Playlists,however when i actually enter one in to the gamelist i still get the default view rather than the arcade cabinet i had on the previous screen. Here are two pics of the Cave playlist to demonstrate. 

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

6 minutes ago, Omen said:

I'm still getting an error when I highlight my playlists category

That looks like an error from the old version of the dll; the new version doesn't contain that method Zoop... Did you restart BB after copying in the new version of the theme?

5 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

That looks like an error from the old version of the dll; the new version doesn't contain that method Zoop... Did you restart BB after copying in the new version of the theme?

It works :) I must have hit skip instead of overwrite or something.

10 minutes ago, Omen said:

It works :) I must have hit skip instead of overwrite or something.

Nice! Thanks for checking again.

20 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Unfortunately the issue with the Arcade Playlist Game list still persists. I get the correct arcade cabinets while browsing the Arcade Playlists,however when i actually enter one in to the gamelist i still get the default view rather than the arcade cabinet i had on the previous screen. Here are two pics of the Cave playlist to demonstrate.

Hmm, I can't reproduce this on my system. I suspect it's a problem with the AVLF\Platforms\@INDEX file -- yes just found it. This index file was not fleshed out with all the arcade platforms. I can send you a new one. What arcade platforms do you have defined in LB? I don't have mine subdivided a whole lot, so it'd be helpful to see how you subdivide your arcade category. 

10 hours ago, eatkinola said:

What arcade platforms do you have defined in LB? I don't have mine subdivided a whole lot, so it'd be helpful to see how you subdivide your arcade category. 

Hi @eatkinola, sorry for the late reply, it was 2am when you asked the question. :) 

My arcade systems are technically playlist's however they show in Launchbox/Bigbox as platforms. This is actually the default way Launchbox sets up Arcade when you import your mame set these days, there is a checkbox that is checked by default to create the Arcade playlist's on import, of course this can be unchecked in the wizard by the user, but is checked on by default so i would imagine that a lot of users have it setup the exact same way as me as most users just use the defaults when importing mame. Here are a couple of shot's that hopefully help you out. If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask as i would like to get this working and it will hopefully stop a lot of users asking the same questions when you release version 1.0. Thank's again for your continued help and patience. :) 

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (4).png

• Thanks 1

@neil9000 It looks like you do not have a platform category called Playlists, you just have all your playlists showing up under Arcade correct?

@eatkinola I wonder if this is why @Omen and myself have the crash when we select our playlist category. I have the arcade playlists like neil9000 showing up under the Arcade platform. However, I also have a Playlist category as one of the Platform Categories and that is the one when I select I get that crash. 

I know you posted you believe you fixed it. So when you drop the latest version I will make sure to report back. 

Thanks!

Playlist.JPG

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@neil9000 It looks like you do not have a platform category called Playlists, you just have all your playlists showing up under Arcade correct?

Yes that is correct, those arcade systems are playlists, but Launchbox created them at import and auto adds them to display in the platforms list's. You can have any playlist appear as a platform you just need to right click it and check the box, but as i said Launchbox does this by default on the Arcade systems.

Screenshot (4).png