LaunchBox Community Forums

12 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Yes, I'm sure that's why (missing file type in the .dll). My WMP cannot play webm files. Did you have to install a codec to play them? Regardless, I can just allow the library to try and load these files. It should work as long as the video player supports the format.

Yeah VLC will play webm files by default, but WMP will need the codecs installed (I used the k-lite basic pack) I do use VLC in Bigbox though as default, so yeah they play just fine in all other themes.

42 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks Neil. @GreenGriffon: I'm always adding new backgrounds from viking's work. If it's not there, I can add 3DO to the next update.

Terrific, thanks very much.

I also thought TurboGrafx-16 was missing, so I went through the @Index file. I think it's not being picked up because LB lists the platform as "NEC TurboGrafx-16".

Now it works fine.

On 10/13/2017 at 7:54 PM, eatkinola said:

Thanks for the report. It's because CZ/CH and Nostalgia use different versions of the Ao.Bigbox.Themer assembly. It's not a problem with the new hotkey to switch themes; it will also happen if you switch themes the old way. I'll have to think about possible solutions for this; perhaps different assembly versions can be specified in the XAML or something? I'll shoot this over to @Jason Carrin case he has some thoughts on such assembly conflicts between themes.

@Porl Hendy: Found a solution for this -- just renamed the assembly to Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_0 (included versioning in the name) on compiling, then updated the refs in XAML files. Poof, these conflicts are gone at least in my testing. I'll include this fix in the next release. Thanks again for bringing this issue to the forefront, as it needed to be promptly addressed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hi @eatkinola, sorry I have just found a little bug in the theme. If you go to Options/Sound and turn the master volume down to 0% the video audio still plays. All other sounds are muted except for the videos so I assume it has something to do with your video .dll.

Here is a little video I just made demonstrating it.

Thanks! I'll include a fix in the next release. I've tackled most of the issues already.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks, Omen. At least we've isolated it to VLC. Is it occurring less frequently since we disabled HW encoding?

Yeah it's a lot less frequent, before it would happen almost every time I used BB, but it only occurred once today, and not at all yesterday.

12 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Just posted an update v0.99 -- please see changelog on download page. Thanks for all the bug reports, troubleshooting, and ideas. Keep 'em coming.

Thanks for the update @eatkinola. All looking good on my end, had to make a few index edit's (but that's why they are there right), sound bug is also fixed. :) From a purely selfish point of view there are only two things I need to have this theme 100% to my liking, and they are European SNES and Sega Megadrive backgrounds. Apart from that I think its ready for a official version 1.0 release.

Thanks again for this really great theme, I know it's been a lot of hard work and a lot of little bug fixing, but I think it really show's through in how good the final product has turned out. :) 

• Like 4

Dang. Will not get to test until I return home from business on Thurs. but if @neil9000 says it is running good then I am sure it is. 

I agree with Neil on how good the theme is. Thanks again @eatkinola for all the work you have put into it. 

Talking wishes...I would love to see a couple backgrounds for platform categories. I was thinking for something like handhelds do the standard pc screen but put random handhelds lying around it. Similar for consoles use the pc screen and maybe put like random controllers from different consoles lying around it. Just a thought. 

Does anyone have a .psd for the stock image maybe I could mess around with? 

• Like 1

Just trying out the theme for the first time and loving it.  Great work!

What I was hoping to do was make a backup (alt version) of the theme and change the background image depending on the playlist.  (Preparing for theme-specific playlists in Bigbox update).  I created a copy of the whole folder, then in Styles-Nostolgia found the background image path and changed it to the new folder name, but after doing this, it still displayed the old image.  Any tips on how I could accomplish this?

Thanks again!

R