LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

44 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@ckp I assume that error is happening when you exit?

yes. good news you fixed that.

but for most of the crashes it was not while exiting and I got no popup. just this in event viewer:

Faulting application name: BigBox.exe, version: 7.12.0.0, time stamp: 0x59f36e7c
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x8274fd8b
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f775f
Faulting process id: 0x1ca0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d35271f840ea74
Faulting application path: E:\Launchbox\BigBox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: ecb06dad-c03f-4859-8e5b-3d69327e723c
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Edit: this only happens on my work PC. i never hit this on my personal PCs.

Edited by ckp

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

That's pretty much impossible to troubleshoot, sadly, at least without being able to replicate it.

haha, well, whose fault is that? that's the only thing it gives me. all i did was let BB sit there and after a few minutes it would usually just crash without warning. i have no set of magic steps to use, since this seems very system specific. all i can say is i have about 4600 games, no videos, and clear logo/box art/gameplayscreenshots. default BB theme

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I haven't looked into this yet, @shinra358. Can you send me a screenshot of exactly what you're referring to?

@damageinc86 I am still completely puzzled by this. I haven't heard of it happening anywhere else and I have no idea what I would do to replicate it. I'm really sorry you're having that issue though. What startup videos are giving you the problem? Have you tried multiple videos?

@bundangdon Thanks for your data; I PM'd you back because I need some more information.

Please let me know folks how testing is going in Big Box with the navigation. I'm keen to put out the 7.13 release on Halloween, because candy.

I figured it out. I've asked a few other members and we were all confused. But the confusion came from trying to edit the game details screen and we saw 2 files that only controlled parts of it. But there is a 3rd xaml called TextGamesView.xaml that totally throws everyone off by the name. Once I figured that out, I could easily solve my problem. TextGamesView.xaml is what completely controls the GameDetails Screen :  P

So, nvrmnd about that.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I haven't looked into this yet, @shinra358. Can you send me a screenshot of exactly what you're referring to?

@damageinc86 I am still completely puzzled by this. I haven't heard of it happening anywhere else and I have no idea what I would do to replicate it. I'm really sorry you're having that issue though. What startup videos are giving you the problem? Have you tried multiple videos?

@bundangdon Thanks for your data; I PM'd you back because I need some more information.

Please let me know folks how testing is going in Big Box with the navigation. I'm keen to put out the 7.13 release on Halloween, because candy.

Just to follow up on this, if anyone out there is getting the same error/issue as I was (while using the "None of the Above" feature), it was somehow being caused by the PCSX2 Configurator. If you have that particular plugin installed, it will cause the program to crash when you try to select one of these items in LaunchBox (PC Games, Movies, etc.). Anyways, problem solved for now! :)

• Like 1

Hi @Jason Carr I have just hit that startup video getting cut short issue. This is the first time that I have personally seen this issue since you changed the startup videos to use the program rather than VLC, so I am not quite sure why it has just happened, although this was my first Bigbox launch since updating to version 7.13.

Edit:

I think it cut the video off the moment that Bigbox finished loading as when the video was cut off Bigbox was ready and I was able to navigate immediately.

21 hours ago, DOS76 said:

lol if you listen fluent design is only for UWP apps and while I don't have issue with UWP people would be out with their pitch forks if Jason tried to switch LB over to using it.

I know, maybe its too soon for UWP LaunchBox.

Jason, thanks for the new Beta :)

• Like 1

I am starting to get alot of crashes with the last two betas. I am getting them when updating meta data and media.

usually the program appears to hang and depending on how many rom were selected it will complete its task and come back to life in its own time.  Even if you accidently click the window windows usually asks if you would like to wait for the program to respond.

recentley i have had crashes before media is finished downloading, After downloading and the pop come up and says its finished downloading for x amount of games and even after you press ok and the program does it little hang.

windows justs says program has crashed.

is there a way for me to provide you with any information from windows or launchbox to help with debugging?

i have seen this lately too when importing, on and off, but not in the new Betas. I "think" it is actually a problem on the back end when getting  the downloads, and isn't really a LB problem. so i have to import without checking any downloads sometimes and get the downloads after the fact.

On 10/31/2017 at 5:22 PM, damageinc86 said:

@Jason Carr Yeah it is puzzling huh?  I have 4 different videos, all mp4's.  It cuts each one off at 18 seconds no matter which one plays.  I'm wondering if there is somehow a reference to the original settings being looked at still somewhere?  Maybe there's some file I can delete to make it stop looking at it?

Definitely puzzling. My guess is that somehow it's just not waiting for the video to end like it should, and is loading Big Box immediately when it's ready, per @neil9000 below. I may have to put some debugging information into a beta here to help resolve it.

On 11/1/2017 at 6:33 AM, neil9000 said:

Hi @Jason Carr I have just hit that startup video getting cut short issue. This is the first time that I have personally seen this issue since you changed the startup videos to use the program rather than VLC, so I am not quite sure why it has just happened, although this was my first Bigbox launch since updating to version 7.13.

Edit:

I think it cut the video off the moment that Bigbox finished loading as when the video was cut off Bigbox was ready and I was able to navigate immediately.

Hmm, I can't help but wonder if maybe there's a stray controller or some sort of an input device that could be registering input to "skip" the video? Can you guys try unplugging any non-standard input devices you have and then try it (anything other than the mouse and keyboard)? It's also easy to accidentally press a key of course, so that could always explain things too. It's definitely odd that it's happening to @damageinc86 every time though.

@Jason Carr I would try the unplugging thing, but I have almost 10 genuine controllers plugged in and don't want to have to remAp them all just on the off chance that's it.  I can live without startup videos until it's figured out. But just wanted to bring it up since it is some sort of issue now. I am doubting it's picking up a phantom press because like @neil9000 said it's stopping it the same time, every time, right when BB is done loading.