LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 11/6/2017 at 10:40 AM, Jason Carr said:

@FistyDollars Maybe it's collection-specific then. Can you try PMing me your data folder? I'll need to know what games are causing the issue as well.

I updated the Vlc.DotNet library to the latest version so it's probably related to that, though the previous version had other issues so I don't really want to downgrade. It hasn't been a very reliable library which is the reason for the VLC-related stability issues in LaunchBox itself, but ripping it out at this point would take some serious time.

PMed.

21 hours ago, ckp said:

I'm on 7.14 and really wanted to try the Minimal AO theme, but all I get is poltergeist TV for each game I land on. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm just missing something. I normally just use the default BB theme since everything works in that one.

It's not a bug but is rather due to how your copy of BB is currently configured. I replied in the Minimal-AO thread. Please let me know in that thread if you need further assistance. Sorry to hear your foray into themes started out with some difficulty. There are many excellent themes out there, and I encourage you to keep checking them out.

• Like 1

Switching to Windows Media Player worked, but now any time I click on a game with a .webm video associated with it, it says "A video error occurred: Windows Media Player can not find the file." I click OK, and then if I right click on the video window and press Play/Pause, the video starts. I have no idea what's going on here.

In the meantime, can anyone point me to an easy way to convert .webm files into something else? Preferably not something with a file size limit or stupid watermark.

Edited by FistyDollars

On 11/7/2017 at 9:20 AM, alnyden said:

While on the topic of speed, I find Big Box is much faster than Launchbox when it comes to switching platforms, or switching between Platforms and Playlists, etc.  Big Box is almost instant while in Launchbox the blue ball usually spins 5-15 seconds.  Is that normal?  I've got about 25,000 roms. 

5-15 seconds isn't "normal", but it does depend a lot on your hardware, of course. LaunchBox does have a lot more data to display at once, so that is at least partially the reason why it's not as fast as Big Box. As always, though, there's always more that can be done to speed things up.