LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

I just had an issue where i open LB and I can see all my media NP then if I click a game to play or edit the media disappears. So I checked it out and it seems that although LB has been on my A: drive always all the platform data has been now been set to C:\LaunchBox and I don't know how this happened. So basically switching from beta 1 to beta 2 is when I notice this issue now I don't know what to do I really dread having to change the path to every media category in LB in order to get it working again. @Jason Carrany clue as to what could be causing this?

here are a few screen shots 1st is my media path for my N64 platform as you can see it is set to A drive59d6d70632cb4_Folderpath.thumb.png.30d202c01187676bd92183461d4c6f21.pngNext is LB displaying N64 box fronts LBDisplayingMedia.thumb.png.72a9de3fe07189840f77ec819958fbae.pngThen a shot of the folder paths LB has set incorrectlyPlatformFolders.thumb.png.6316951d55089771ba7c57be30255287.pngAnd lastly the platform showing 007 after I launched it and now the media is gone but it still remains for the other games until they are updatedGameBoxRemoved.thumb.png.0b53e62524ceb482dd129d607786ba12.pngI know its always said that nothing in the update messes with your paths or folders but that is exactly what has happened to me here.

I'm really sorry about this but I think I may have actually moved the LB folder from C: to A: with in the last month or so and never edited my paths then I didn't play with it on that PC for a few weeks so it was showing the cached images until I tried to play the games and LB didn't actually do anything wrong I'm just having a marijuana moment where my brain is frazzled feel free to remove all those posts.

• Like 1

Hey this took 3 hours to correct manually I'd like to see an option to change drive letters for all folders in a platform at once and even  a global option to edit all of you folder paths in the manage emulator section in case you wanted to say use the same media on multiple pc's via a network server or something. I know it would have really helped today. What XML could I have edited to change these all in bulk I looked around but didn't see it in platforms

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Hey this took 3 hours to correct manually I'd like to see an option to change drive letters for all folders in a platform at once and even  a global option to edit all of you folder paths in the manage emulator section in case you wanted to say use the same media on multiple pc's via a network server or something. I know it would have really helped today. What XML could I have edited to change these all in bulk I looked around but didn't see it in platforms

Yeah, agreed. That is something that could be improved for sure. The Platforms.xml file contains all the media folder paths for the platforms.

Just put out beta 3 guys with the overhauled startup videos. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out:

- New Premium Feature: Big Box Startup videos have been overhauled to be run from within Big Box instead of launching VLC directly; videos will now automatically run for the full length of the video unless skipped with a key or button press

- New Premium Feature: Big Box now supports random startup videos as well; simply create a LaunchBox\Videos\Startup folder and drop all videos to be randomized inside

Let me know how they're working for you guys. :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

beta 3

big box wont launch, adding a startup video does play but stops responding after a while and crashes have to restart explorer.exe to get back windows start bar and end task bigbox.exe, Launchbox does work as normal.