LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

8 minutes ago, alnyden said:

One more question on the new theme selector.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.  I duplicated a theme, gave it a new name, and replaced the background video within the theme's folder.  However, when I select that theme in the new theme selector, it does not change the background video, it still uses the one from the original theme.

Depending on the theme, you cannot just put it in a different-named folder and have it work. The theme might be looking for files in the original folder.

• Like 1

Hey I just wanted to come back and mention that I really love the changes to the importer after several days of heavy usage - having it automatically pick the currently viewed platform and remembering the checkboxes are a godsend!

One thought on that though - would it be possible to change the move to launchbox/keep in current location etc. section to checkboxes as well so that they could also be remembered? I literally never move my stuff which is in an external directory, so this would streamline it even more. Something else I'd really like to see is a "smart import" where you just drag your rom(s) into the appropriate platform and it then runs it through the import process using all of your previously selected checkboxes, no further input required (other than maybe the first screen to indicate whether they're roms, DOS, etc.). It would probably still need the final page of the importer as well just to confirm that the titles are correct.

Anyway, loving the updates! Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Charco said:

Yeah I'm having issues exiting Demul with controller automation, it no longer closes the application and I have to open task manager to kill it and Big Box.

That's nothing new for me - controller automation never worked to close Demul for me unless I added in the task kill on ESC script to the AHK section. I also have NoMousy in mine (MouseMove would work too), but adding this will make controller automation work to close it.

; This section closes Demul when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

32 minutes ago, emko said:

anyone else getting issues with bigbox going in-front of opening games or when closing a game losing control of bigbox it until you alt+tab, seems like it just started happening with latest beta 

Is it only for specific emulators or all? Try checking the "attempt to hide console window on startup" checkbox in one of your emulator entries and see if you're still having the issue afterwards.

12 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

That's nothing new for me - controller automation never worked to close Demul for me unless I added in the task kill on ESC script to the AHK section. I also have NoMousy in mine (MouseMove would work too), but adding this will make controller automation work to close it.

; This section closes Demul when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

That doesn't work for me unfortunately, have to kill BB from Task Manager.

@Charco , that used to happen for me as of a few LB versions back for the same Demul version you are using.

The script with Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}} , no longer works for me and I would get the same exact issue.

Replace that line with:

WinClose, ahk_class window ahk_exe demul.exe

That solved it for me. It works for me even in latest Betas from BB.

So I just updated from beta 5 to beta 6 and tested. It did close as expected but I got an error afterwards:

image.thumb.png.06ebd47daac3a5aa01c7ef9bab9bf055.pngAfterwards, I could still hear BB music playing but I couldn't get back into BB and had to end task on it.

I tried again a few more times and didn't run into this again. Looks like some kind of (intermittent) VLC issue I guess.

In any case, closing itself is still working for me on beta 6.

59e526326474b_Demul1.thumb.png.51ae7f8414291d66b1b561ba00ba1798.png59e5263769682_Demul2.thumb.png.c4aaf76781f6017e54dd2c51ae180046.png59e5263eb14c7_Demul3.thumb.png.4b2f410818451ec22ff4c3fbee65da18.png

Thanks for all the issue reports guys. I'll be coming back to them later this week to fix everything up. Just put out a new beta to reduce RAM usage a bit more; I've been doing a lot of running attract mode overnight to try and catch any leaks. Once we get all the issues ironed out we'll look to put out the 7.12 official release. :)

• Like 6

22 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Depending on the theme, you cannot just put it in a different-named folder and have it work. The theme might be looking for files in the original folder.

Thanks.  I found "video control" defined in one of the view docs and was able to change it.