LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Heads up guys, been working on performance and memory requirements tweaking for the past couple days. Currently working on fixing the reported issues in the thread. I'm not live streaming again today because I'm not feeling 100%, though I'm still working on stuff. Hope to have a new beta out later today.

• Like 6

Alright, beta 9 is out. I'm hoping that all the issues from the last beta listed in this thread are fixed, including the startup video occasional black screen, the not remembering views/themes issues, and the various focus issues. I've also worked on reducing memory usage some more and some performance tweaks (but honestly the performance tweaks probably aren't very noticeable on most systems). I fixed a few minor error messages/bugs as well. We'll be looking to put out the official release here soon. :)

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright, beta 9 is out. I'm hoping that all the issues from the last beta listed in this thread are fixed, including the startup video occasional black screen, the not remembering views/themes issues, and the various focus issues. I've also worked on reducing memory usage some more and some performance tweaks (but honestly the performance tweaks probably aren't very noticeable on most systems). I fixed a few minor error messages/bugs as well. We'll be looking to put out the official release here soon. :)

This hasn't been fixed though, and it's annoying the hell out of me. 9_9

Not fixed in Beta 9:  After I change a theme for a platform or playlist, when I return to that platform and try to change the theme again, the theme change box is empty.  Once the box is empty the theme options don't return.  It's happened on 3-5 platform/playlist's that I've changed.

Thanks,

R

20 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Not fixed in Beta 9:  After I change a theme for a platform or playlist, when I return to that platform and try to change the theme again, the theme change box is empty.  Once the box is empty the theme options don't return.  It's happened on 3-5 platform/playlist's that I've changed.

Thanks,

R

UPDATE:  On further inspection, the box is not actually blank, but the font has become so dark it's almost impossible to see.  Also can not see which item has been selected.  Thanks!

17 hours ago, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr Sorry but unfortunately I am still having the issue with not remembering themes/views. It remembers them while I am in BigBox but as soons as I exit BigBox and restart it has forgotten most of the themes/views I had saved.

I can't seem to replicate this @kmoney. Can you do some testing for me? Go ahead and set a few themes and views for various platforms, then exit Big Box and check your Data\Platforms.xml file. Each platform should have a BigBoxView and BigBoxTheme property if it has been set. Can you check to see if they're set correctly in the XML? That will help to narrow it down.

Also, any idea if the issue is specific to playlists or platforms?

2 hours ago, alnyden said:

UPDATE:  On further inspection, the box is not actually blank, but the font has become so dark it's almost impossible to see.  Also can not see which item has been selected.  Thanks!

This is a theme-specific issue, and only happens if the theme is overriding the foreground color. I'll see if I can force it though so that themes don't mess with it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I can't seem to replicate this @kmoney. Can you do some testing for me? Go ahead and set a few themes and views for various platforms, then exit Big Box and check your Data\Platforms.xml file. Each platform should have a BigBoxView and BigBoxTheme property if it has been set. Can you check to see if they're set correctly in the XML? That will help to narrow it down.

I can confirm this happened to me as well.  (Bigbox did not remember the new theme)  I think it was a playlist, not a platform.  I'll try to check the XML this weekend.

29 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Nevermind on this; I think I found the issue. It appears to be unique to playlists. Should have it fixed for the next beta.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Nevermind on this; I think I found the issue. It appears to be unique to playlists. Should have it fixed for the next beta.

Sounds good @Jason Carr I am not at my pc at the moment but now that I think about it, it was playlist that was giving me issues with this such as all the Classics playlist such as (Nintendo,Midway,Konami Classics,etc).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Landcross said:

This hasn't been fixed though, and it's annoying the hell out of me. 9_9

This is mostly due to there being a default application on each game as well as the additional applications, so it becomes difficult to determine what to keep and such. That said, more could probably be done to detect duplicates. Unfortunately though it's not currently a high priority to revisit.

Beta 10 is out now guys with fixes for the theming conflict issues with the Select Theme popup as well as the selected theme not saving for playlists. Please let me know if anyone runs into any further issues with the startup videos or the theme-per-platform stuff.

• Like 1

I have a small scenario that can cause issues I opened the edit emulator window to troubleshoot something on the forum then didn't switch back to LB for a while when I came back to it the window for the new beta is buried under both the edit emulator form but also the manage emulator form to only way to exit LB is task manager. There should be a way to alt tab to the installation option.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

This is mostly due to there being a default application on each game as well as the additional applications, so it becomes difficult to determine what to keep and such. That said, more could probably be done to detect duplicates. Unfortunately though it's not currently a high priority to revisit.

I don't quite get where the problem is?
When a user merges selected games, he/she has to choose what the main application will be. All other applications need to become additional applications under the selected game, there's not a whole lot to determine there right? Or do I understand it incorrectly? o.O I don't quite understand where the duplicate comes from anyway? At firs there is not duplicate, after merging there's suddenly an exact duplicate?

Last week I've added all alternate titles to Launchboxdb for all 1700+ Gamecube roms in the full Redump set. And while I was doing that I was manually merging all games (because the submissions weren't approved yet, Launchbox wasn't able to do it automatically). Only after about 50% done I noticed the duplicate games. If I'd remove all the roms froms Launchbox, then re-import them and let Launchbox automatically merge them using Launchboxdb, will it still create duplicate apps?

@Jason Carr The saving views for playlist seems to be working correctly for me now with newest beta...thanks for that:)

I had another question about the game details screen that appears after the games view screen. Right now on that screen it shows whatever view from the platform theme you have chosen and not the game view theme you have chosen. 

I would think it would use the game details view from the theme you have chosen for your game view correct but I could be wrong? For instance if I use CriticalZone theme for my platform view and use the Fundamental theme for my game view it shows the game details screen from Critical Zone instead of Fundamental. I have added some pics as an example.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.png

new issue (could be related to newest beta release or not, idk) that has just now started for me after updating to latest beta.

pcsx2 is crashing everytime it tries to load a game through launchhbox, but if i right click a game in launchbox and clikc "open pcsx2" then open the exact same game file it loads just fine.

no error message, it just crashes. i have not changed any launchbox settings.

-update-

restating my pc fixed it. although it still shouldnt have happened at all IMO.

Edited by GunerX