LaunchBox Community Forums

CriticalZoneV2 issue

GunerX

ok so... I was up all night playing around with various themes, and I even decided to try @CriticalCid alternate themes...uhm..cough...you should probably recheck all of the themes you have uploaded.

V2 (the one that is supposed to do playlist backgrounds) doesn't do playlist backgrounds.

FanArtOnly (the one that is NOT ment to do ANY videos at all) does BACKGROUND video's EXACTLY how you said in your pdf that you DONT want it to do. I have background video's for every single platform in the platform wheel view now.

BackgroundVideosOnly (the one that is supposed to do only background videos) has the same issue V2 has, it wont change playlist video backgrounds.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you understood the term FanartOnly a little wrong here. It simply means that it uses the default Fanart background code in all Views like the Default theme. And just like in the Default theme it will use the platform/game video as background instead of the Fanart images If you have background videos enabled in your options.

Of course I could force disable background videos to make it “really” FanartOnly and avoid confusion but I don’t see the point to artificial restrict the options and preferences of the users.

21 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

I think you understood the term FanartOnly a little wrong here. It simply means that it uses the default Fanart background code in all Views like the Default theme. And just like in the Default theme it will use the platform/game video as background instead of the Fanart images If you have background videos enabled in your options.

Of course I could force disable background videos to make it “really” FanartOnly and avoid confusion but I don’t see the point to artificial restrict the options and preferences of the users.

R7AdmNw.jpg

hDnaxLp.jpg

MHby5L5.jpg

JLBvZ1i.jpg

I guess I could make it clearer, you’re right with that, I can't just assume that everybody knows how the Fanart background system works. But on the other hand have you “Background Videos” enabled in your options so don’t be surprised if you get exactly that.

WIth that said, it is completely unrelated to your playlist issue but if this solution works better for you than great!

22 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

I guess I could make it clearer, you’re right with that, I can't just assume that everybody knows how the Fanart background system works. But on the other hand have you “Background Videos” enabled in your options so don’t be surprised if you get exactly that.

WIth that said, it is completely unrelated to your playlist issue but if this solution works better for you than great!

i have only had launchbox for 1 week, and bigbox for 4 days. idk what im doing. idk how it works. im still learning. but if the theme says it does "this and that" then I believe it. so...i thought it would do literally what it said it was going to do.

and i would prefer the playlist video background to work :/

Edited by GunerX

7 minutes ago, GunerX said:

i have only had launchbox for 1 week, and bigbox for 4 days. idk what im doing. idk how it works. im still learning. but if the theme says it does "this and that" then I believe it. so...i thought it would do literally what it said it was going to do.

and i would prefer the playlist video background to work :/

Perhaps you should take the time to learn the application first before asking other people to modify their work to bend around your expectations.

It's really not that confusing. Don't enable background videos if you don't want background videos to play in your theme.

11 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

Perhaps you should take the time to learn the application first before asking other people to modify their work to bend around your expectations.

It's really not that confusing. Don't enable background videos if you don't want background videos to play in your theme.

perhaps you should take the time to read the entire thread. im not asking him to "modify" his theme. im asking him to make it FUNCTION. its supposed to do what im asking for, but it doesnt. we've been trying to troubleshoot it for days now but nothing works.

@GunerX: While I don't normally use playlist vids, I was able to show it works on my system with CZ version 2. I'm using a current build of the Ao.Bigbox.Themer plugin. I've been making quite a few changes to the plugin library lately and don't recall when I might have changed code related to playlists and the video engine. Please test your setup with this version of the plugin; just replace Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll in the CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox\Plugins with this one:

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll

You will probably need to unblock the dll; right-click on the dll file after you download it and press the unblock button. Below is how I setup the Playlists folders for my test. My playlists are called Ao.Bigbox.Random, etc. For a playlist with multiple vids, create a folder with the playlist name and drop the videos in that folder. For a single video, you don't need a subfolder but can use one if you want. When I select a playlist and then go to a games view that supports dynamic background videos (e.g., Horizontal Wheel 1), the playlist video(s) play as the background.

czv2-playlist-vids.thumb.jpg.1f7bfd42ad121db61f358267592b27d4.jpg

Please let me know if it works for you.

1 hour ago, eatkinola said:

@GunerX: While I don't normally use playlist vids, I was able to show it works on my system with CZ version 2. I'm using a current build of the Ao.Bigbox.Themer plugin. I've been making quite a few changes to the plugin library lately and don't recall when I might have changed code related to playlists and the video engine. Please test your setup with this version of the plugin; just replace Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll in the CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox\Plugins with this one:

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll

You will probably need to unblock the dll; right-click on the dll file after you download it and press the unblock button. Below is how I setup the Playlists folders for my test. My playlists are called Ao.Bigbox.Random, etc. For a playlist with multiple vids, create a folder with the playlist name and drop the videos in that folder. For a single video, you don't need a subfolder but can use one if you want. When I select a playlist and then go to a games view that supports dynamic background videos (e.g., Horizontal Wheel 1), the playlist video(s) play as the background.

czv2-playlist-vids.thumb.jpg.1f7bfd42ad121db61f358267592b27d4.jpg

Please let me know if it works for you.

9mdYFtJ.jpg

sIpS3di.jpg

fPuD25N.jpg

Just now, eatkinola said:

@GunerX: You also need to keep the two meta VLC dll files in the Plugins folder. They were included with the CZ theme. I don't see those in your screenshot. Did you delete them? Also, I think renaming the theme folder as you did to include "NEW DLL" will cause problems.

??? those files are not included in CriticalZoneV2, the Default CriticalZone, nor any of the other CriticalZone versions. Where can I get this DLL???

8wEayAa.jpg

P5auJF7.jpg

pl0upAA.jpg

bBCKFtP.jpg

17 minutes ago, GunerX said:

those files are not included in CriticalZoneV2, the Default CriticalZone, nor any of the other CriticalZone versions. Where can I get this DLL???

Ah, okay ... The themes you have must be using an older version of my library than I thought. I'll send you the dlls tomorrow. I've been working towards an 'official' release for some time, but I'll send you the work in progress. It'll be a long shot though. I think your best bet is to wait for the next official release of CZ.