Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
sasquatch

Request - Missing Rom feature

Recommended Posts

Launchbox is great at showing us which roms we have, but as far as I'm aware it does not show us missing roms from a platform.

 

Is it possible to scan a platform and compare it to a full rom set to see which elusive roms we do not have?

 

Anybody else think that would be useful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sasquatch Although it does sound like a useful feature, it has not been implemented as of yet but that feature has been requested before so I am sure @Jason Carr will get it in at some point but sometimes it can be difficult to know what a true full rom set is as people have different opinions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks kmoney.   I was thinking filters for Jap / North America / Europe release.

 

The more filters the more people can customise to fit in with their own ideas of a complete set.

 

I'm a patient man.... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we have looked into doing this in the past, but it becomes a nightmare to support all of the different types of ROM sets. If and when we do add it, it will strictly support No Intro only. But hopefully we can add it soon. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, we have looked into doing this in the past, but it becomes a nightmare to support all of the different types of ROM sets. If and when we do add it, it will strictly support No Intro only. But hopefully we can add it soon. :)

maybe a check how many of the Games we already have in our local LaunchBox against the ones in the GamesDB would be cool. all together and then splitted into released (should be renamed into official), unlicensed and so one. that would also give us a good overview how far from complete we would be (also to see how many official roms are in the Database already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the LaunchBox Games Database was more complete and less fluid, I'd say that would probably make sense @Chris Kant. But the way it is I'm currently thinking the No Intro approach might be a better approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No intro is the way to go. It's pretty much the standard across most front end's. Since LaunchBox is the best of the front ends I think going no intro is the best solution. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUMP! for more attention. This is a must have feature for me since I spend most of my time collecting games. Obviously, I guess it means Launchbox will have to shift to No-intro naming standards as well as convert GamesDB into a No-intro database where all No-intro rom list exist as GamesDB IDs regardless if they contain any information or media.  This will also mean new GamesDB ID will strictly come from updated No-intro sets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Spiro9210 said:

BUMP! for more attention. This is a must have feature for me since I spend most of my time collecting games. Obviously, I guess it means Launchbox will have to shift to No-intro naming standards as well as convert GamesDB into a No-intro database where all No-intro rom list exist as GamesDB IDs regardless if they contain any information or media.  This will also mean new GamesDB ID will strictly come from updated No-intro sets.  

Just to be clear, we will not be taking this approach, as we support more than just the No-Intro formats. On top of that, this would require massive rewrites of many things, so I don't believe it would be time well spent compared to other features that people have voted for. We will not be switching to a strictly No-Intro approach.

A missing ROMs feature could be implemented that just compares against no intro lists, but it's not likely to be a popular enough request right now for that to happen soon. Regardless, it would not require converting everything to strict no-intro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

A missing ROMs feature could be implemented that just compares against no intro lists

Thanks for the reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...