LaunchBox Community Forums

Compress your video's for free

GunerX

1 minute ago, fromlostdays said:

I'm going to have to mess with it more. It doubled the size of the first episode of DBZ haha. 

Hmm that's weird. I am just converting James Baker's Arcade video to HEVC, gonna be another 4 minutes, i will post size comparison here when it is done.

also guys, pay attention to your audio settings. I just noticed that some of the audio of some vids was bad. had to backtrack and fix them. it seems to only happen sometimes (i think its the vids that are encoded to be 5.1 surround and then Handbrake tries to make them 2 ch stereo)

Just now, GunerX said:

also guys, pay attention to your audio settings. I just noticed that some of the audio of some vids was bad. had to backtrack and fix them. it seems to only happen sometimes (i think its the vids that are encoded to be 5.1 surround and then Handbrake tries to make them 2 ch stereo)

Yeah you need to check that, as i said i have a preset that auto loads that has all my correct settings including audio.

1 minute ago, GunerX said:

so 265 is better than 264????

It has better compression yes, but you also need more recent hardware in order to play that format correctly, as it is relatively new. I run a i5-3570k and it plays them just fine, but as i said older or less powerful hardware may struggle. I suggest just doing a small file and seeing if it plays OK in vlc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...