LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES MSU-1 Cover Art

Riffman81

6 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@Riffman81 Much appreciated for the templates. I have mild photoshop skills so the CD cover overlay will go a long way on making it easier on me. I cannot thank you enough for these and the video snaps as well! :D

No need to thank me! I'm just glad people can make use of the covers and videos for their collections :)

If anyone happens to make any covers for hacks of MSU1 games (Hyper Street Kart, LOZ: Parallel Worlds, etc) feel free to post them here in the thread and I'll add them to the set with credit given if any of you want to contribute. I'd like to do Disc art for these games next so stay tuned for that.

@Riffman81 What do you think on these? I added the stripe element on the bottom as the cover graphics on these game covers it did not look right stretched to fit in the space allowed. On Conkers you can see the difference. If you want to keep them more unified with what you have created let me know and I can drop the stripe and refit the image more full screen. 

Hyper Strt Kart (MSU1).png

Hyper Strt Kart Case(MSU1).png

Conckers High Rule (MSU1).png

Conckers High Rule Case(MSU1).png

Zelda Parallel Worlds Case (MSU1).png

Zelda Parallel Worlds (MSU1).png

Edited by Retro808
Tweaked the images and uploaded the new versions
  • Like 1

I found the original artwork for the cover. The colors are different as the creator of the box for the rom hack said he altered the original colors to suit his theme. I like the original colors so kept it and brightened the Metroid text. 

Super Metroid Project Base Case Original Color (MSU1).png

Super Metroid Project Base_Original Color (MSU1).png

Edited by Retro808
added Secret of Evermore
  • Like 2

Unfortunately because SNES box art is widescreen and these are not. Have to take some allowances to work within constraints. Not taken from directly from a Hyperspin set simply taken from searched images. I can create a less squished image, but then I would have to cut off more of the image or have it presented in a smaller portion of the overall canvas. 

Edited by Retro808

A couple more. I made these pretty much in similar style to the others I posted. If anyone is using these and has Riffman81's set if you prefer the ones I made more fullscreen art detail like Riff's let me know and I will redo mine. I am learning photoshop so that gives me more chances to practice the software. 

Gradius III (MSU1).png

Gradius III Case (MSU1).png

Final Fight (MSU1).png

Final Fight Case (MSU1).png

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Looks like Dracula X is next. Also it seems that Smoke Monster is no longer uploading them to his Google drive so now people will have to patch their own roms and download the music packs from Zeldix https://www.zeldix.net/f45-msu-1-hacking

I've been waiting awhile for this one! Will get some updates going once I'm able to get these patched and working :)