LaunchBox Community Forums
Bwade133

Help with 1964 GEPD

I have a version of the 1964 (N64) emulator that allows you to run Goldeneye and Perfect Dark in a silky smooth 60fps, its absolutely the best option for emulating these games but I can't get it to work within Launchbox. When I try to run the game, it simply takes me to the rom browser screen of the emulator but doesn't auto start the game like other emulators do. I'm assuming there is a something I need to do in the command line. Does anyone know how to get this emulator up and running in Launchbox? 

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Bwade133 said:

I have a version of the 1964 (N64) emulator that allows you to run Goldeneye and Perfect Dark in a silky smooth 60fps, its absolutely the best option for emulating these games but I can't get it to work within Launchbox. When I try to run the game, it simply takes me to the rom browser screen of the emulator but doesn't auto start the game like other emulators do. I'm assuming there is a something I need to do in the command line. Does anyone know how to get this emulator up and running in Launchbox? 

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the community. :) 

I can not help with your specific issue at the moment, although I will look into it. However that is not the only emu that works well, I use the retroarch glupen64 core and I get 60fps at 1080p resolution.

Screenshot (81).png

Thanks a lot! I will try the wrapper later. If that doesn't work, I'll try tweaking some settings in Project64, apparently its possible to get 60fps on it.

Just now, Bwade133 said:

Thanks a lot! I will try the wrapper later. If that doesn't work, I'll try tweaking some settings in Project64, apparently its possible to get 60fps on it.

It's not a wrapper, someone in that thread I linked thought they needed one but all they needed was the command line functions. -g should load the game -f should make it full screen etc. you just need to add those specific commands you want to use into the command line section of the manage emulator section for your 1964. Sorry I can't help more than that but I have never used 1964 before I either used project 64 or for a much longer time and currently the Retroarch core.