LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

10 hours ago, GiuseppeIII said:

@ZombeaverWhat pcsx2 configurator settings do you suggest should be checked, to get the optimal results from your configs. Should we leave it as default or uncheck a few of the options?

Anything that's relevant to the config working as intended is already included in what's downloaded. The configurator options are essentially only relevant when creating your own configs. I always have all of the boxes checked because I always have a starting point for testing and then go from there.

Ok i have an issue, I had PCSX2 working fine, And played Soul caliber 3 which worked but had lines down the screen and needed to load into software mode, So i saw these and thought great idea , i'll try that once installed nothing worked or would crash , i decided fine not for me and delete the config as it didnt work for me, Now nothing works still , I have used a fresh PCSX2 and still nothing, After messing around i managed to get it working out of launchbox but in lauchbox i get a plugin not installed message? , Any ideas?

EDiT : sorry everything works in laumchbox apart from soulcaliber 3 (which works outside of it) and thats th eonlu config i tried. I have deleted the ini files for that will they be somewhere else also?

I've fixed it. Config were in each game obviously 

Edited by Gilanth
Update

• 3 weeks later...

Hello sir, i'm completely new to this world of ps2 emulator and PC (i'm an xbox player). This seems like something really interesting since i have no idea of how all this thing works and i read people praising you, and that's something good. I don't have the right to ask this, you can ignore it if you want.

When I was a child I used to play two games: Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks and Def Jam: Fight for NY. I loved these games as a kid, and now that i have 18 i would love to show and play this awesome games with my brother of 12 years old. If you have the time and want to do it, i would really appreciate that you could do some configs so that this games can run in a low-end PC. As I said above, you can ignore this if you want, there would be no problem.

7 minutes ago, GSMachine said:

i would really appreciate that you could do some configs so that this games can run in a low-end PC.

Unfortunately there is no config or fix to make PCSX2 perform well on a low end PC. If you provide the specs of your PC (CPU type and speed and graphics card) maybe we would have an idea of whether or not it will be able to handle PCSX2.

What Zombeavers configs do is they fix or minimize certain graphical issues with specific games using the emulator. Because of how PCSX2 is currently made and how the PS2 actually was (interlaced and progressive scan mode games) often games in PCSX2 require their own specialized settings in the emulator. The other thing that this configurator does is it allows the making of per game settings much easier to create, save and load. PCSX2 on its own does not allow you to save and load per game configs easily. You would have to make and save your configs and then tell the emulator to load the config with the game at load time with its own specialized command line. This configurator gets rid of the special command line and the creation of the per game config much less time consuming.

@GSMachine Monkus pretty much covered everything here - my configs are designed to correct certain graphical issues that appear in some games, while shooting for good performance (60fps) on mid-range hardware (my PC is about 4 years old at this point). They won't make games that are otherwise poorly performing on low-end hardware suddenly perform well. What I can do is create configs for the games you requested and if they don't perform well for you you can then try the performance improvement tips that I list in the opening post and see if that helps. 

If you're using the newest version of the plugin, it should "just work". The first time it downloads it (or if you hold left ctrl and click on the configure button) it will say "Configuration has been downloaded or updated".

Right-click on a game in your library, go to PCSX2 Configurator at the bottom of the list, and see if "Use Remote Settings" is checked. If it's not, check it. If it is, try holding left ctrl and clicking the configure button and see if anything happens.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:51 AM, Zombeaver said:

If you're using the newest version of the plugin, it should "just work". The first time it downloads it (or if you hold left ctrl and click on the configure button) it will say "Configuration has been downloaded or updated".

Right-click on a game in your library, go to PCSX2 Configurator at the bottom of the list, and see if "Use Remote Settings" is checked. If it's not, check it. If it is, try holding left ctrl and clicking the configure button and see if anything happens.

i'm having the same issue as @Ifrit1128 and holding left ctrl and clicking the configure button doesn't do anything other than boot up PCSX2. there's no pop up message or menu, it just brings up the emulator. i'm trying to play Jak and Daxter, if that helps.

by "just work", do you mean it silently downloads the configs? bc i tried running Jak and Daxter after i clicked Configuration and the emulator popped up, and it had graphical errors all the same.

• Like 1

Neither one of you said if you checked to see if the use remote config box is checked as I asked. Please do this. If it's checked and it still doesn't download when you Ctrl+click, you'll need to talk to @alec100_94 at that point.

And no, it's not silent. As I said, it pops up with a message box.

Don't know, the only thing I can think of is that point is that it might be having problems writing the files, if your Launchbox is in program files or something. Check if the "Use remote settings" box is ticked, unticked, or greyed out as @Zombeaver said. If it greyed out it might be some sort of network problem.

Hi,

Am i missing something and not understanding whats supposed to happen , i run the config and i get the blade runner box thing come up which i click yes (although it doesn't  look likes it's doing anything) when i play soul caliber 3 it works but has lines down it because i believe it only works in software mode properly , do i need to change that myself or should the auto-config fix that?

No, that's fixed in my config. If you're getting lines, you're not using it.

I would suggest talking to @alec100_94 to troubleshoot.

I will say that if you're seeing the yes or no box, you're not using the newest version of the plugin - it no longer asks that, it just does it. 1) update to the newest version of the plugin 2) make sure you're using PCSX2 1.5.0 3) make sure you're using OG LB (not Next) 4) make sure the "use remote settings" box is checked when you right click the game and go to the PCSX2 menu at the bottom of the list.