LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

Sorry no new configs last night. I was fighting for literally four hours straight trying to get my new Xbox One S controller to work correctly over bluetooth in Windows 7. Long story short, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I ended the night in frustration. This morning I went out and bought the USB wireless adapter for it, plugged it in, and it's working like a champ.

With all that crap out of the way, I'm getting back to work on these now.

New configs:

EOE: Eve of Extinction
Kya: Dark Lineage
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix

Kya and Midnight Club 3 were kindof problem-children, and neither one are perfect. I may come back to them at some point, but this is the best I've come up with so far after hours of testing both games.

Kya has problems with some of the post-processing effects when upscaling, which can be disabled via skipdraw. The config uses a skipdraw of 5, which disables shadows, some fog, and lens flare, but by and large the appearance isn't changed dramatically. With skipdraw=5, there is one visual bug you'll notice from time to time which is that while standing near/on certain objects (typically destructible boulders or some switches) you'll see a white shadow for Kya. This can be disabled with a skipdraw of 6, but if you do that you start running into some real noticeable changes in special effects, which you'll encounter much more frequently than the white shadow, so I left it at 5.

Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix has an issue while upscaling when using the GL renderer or using D3D with a CRC hack level of partial or lower that causes this weird, sporadic, "snapshot ghosting" problem where you'll drive passed a car and you'll see this lingering outline of the car that doesn't move, and sometimes the entire road will just fill with these weird artifacts. If you use the D3D renderer with a CRC hack level of full or aggressive this issue doesn't occur, but then you get this weird, pretty much constant artifacting that occurs on the left side of the screen. It's not super distracting, especially when you're in the middle of a race, but it's there. Between the options of this or the snapshot ghosting I find this to be significantly easier to deal with - you basically have to switch to software mode (via F9) and back again to fix the ghosting problem every time it happens.

It should be noted that both of these games work pretty much flawlessly in software rendering. Granted, no upscaling, but if the issues present from the hardware renders bother you too much, switch to software and they'll go away. Both of them are absolutely fantastic games too, by the way - highly recommended. I'd actually forgotten how much I enjoyed both of them until I started testing them for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NOTE: There is currently a problem with downloading configs for games whose titles include an ampersand (&) so the Ratchet & Clank config won't download correctly when you use the Configure function. This will be addressed in a subsequent update to the plugin, but in the meantime just create a config for it as normal, and then drag the files from the attachment below into the created Ratchet & Clank folder and replace the inis.

New configs:

Kingdom Hearts
Ratchet & Clank
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
Way of the Samurai

Ratchet & Clank inis.zip

New configs:

Curse: The Eye of Isis
Forbidden Siren 2 (Siren 2)

Glass Rose
Gregory Horror Show
Michigan: Report from Hell

These are all PAL-exclusive titles and, I have to say, it's really unfortunate that Forbidden Siren 2, Gregory Horror Show, and Michigan: Report from Hell didn't come out over here in the states because I would have been all over those. Michigan: Report from Hell, in particular, is a very unique game - really enjoyed what I've played of it so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 17-11-2017 at 3:16 AM, Zombeaver said:

I've added new configs for the below titles. Details are on the sheet. I've started on Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix but I'm not happy with it. That game has some issues.

Crimson Tears
The King of Fighters 2006
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Soul Reaver 2
SSX Tricky
SSX 3
The Warriors

In SSX3 if you go down about half way on the first track I run into a weird blue filter that looks like a draw distance issue. I found a solution posted by someone a few years ago on Reddit and it works for me.

It goes away by setting CRC Hack Level to: Aggressive. If it also works for you maybe it could be implemented in the downloadable config.

Okay, I took another look and can confirm that there was a bit of a visual bug with the SSX 3 config with the aforementioned blue draw-distance... thingy. I've updated the config to use aggressive CRC. Thanks for bringing this to my attention @mssngr!

Just a reminder, if you've already downloaded the config previously, just hold left ctrl when clicking "Configure" to update it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've also updated the config for Siren. I was browsing around the Issues tracker on Github for PCSX2 earlier and came across this post. I'd seen the "wall of fog" issue mentioned in the wiki page for the game, but as I didn't experience it in testing (I played through the first couple levels) I thought perhaps it was an older issue that had been resolved. I noticed that the Issue date was from this year though, and that it was still open, so I tried out the save that he'd attached and confirmed that it is indeed still a problem. Apparently it affects some levels, but not all. The issue doesn't affect software rendering though, so I've updated the config to use it. It's unfortunate, but at least the aesthetic of the game (extremely dark and huge amounts of film grain) is such that the lack of upscaling isn't as hugely detrimental to its appearance as it is for some games. I'll keep an eye on the thread and if there's an update to address it I'll update the config accordingly.

I don't know if the issue affects Forbidden Siren 2, but I haven't encountered it yet (and there's no mention of it on the wiki page). I'll update its config if I do (or if someone else runs into it first).

The plugin has just been updated. Notes are below:

This is an interim (in-development) Release, with only a few minor fixes that I currently have been working on. There will be a more complete release at a later date. This should function pretty much as the previous version with the following fixes:

• Fixed Bug with Updating Configs using RocketLauncher
  • Fixed Bug with LaunchBox Localization (Not in English)
  • Scaling of Settings Window Improved (When Windows Scaling not 100%)
  • Fixed Bug with Non-Portable Versions of PCSX2
  • Fixed Bug with downloading configs with an Ampersand (&) in the name

Known Bugs and Problems (Should Be Fixed in Next Version):

• Windows Scaling not 100% Will Currently Render The Mouse Useless in Known Game Message Box (Use Y & N Keys as Workaround)
  • There is Currently Only Limited Error Checking, and Plugin may act unexpectedly if there is a problem with the internet connection and/or communication with the server

Ugh... frustrating night...

New configs:

Rune: Viking Warlord
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure

Shadow of Rome

Shadow of Rome is actually a green, but I've got it marked yellow because it has a pretty significant issue in PCSX2 versions later than 1.2.1. There was a semi-regression in versions newer than that that causes the cutscene audio to stutter/cut out constantly. Apparently this has been known for quite a while but hasn't been fixed yet. There are details here and here. I can confirm that the issue is not present in version 1.2.1. So, I created a config for 1.2.1 and set the game up to use it in my library. The configurator plugin doesn't seem to like having multiple emulator entries for PCSX2 at once, so I got around this by simply directing the game's library entry to PCSX2 1.2.1 itself, and then added the appropriate command-line parameters necessary for it to use the config: --fullscreen --nogui --cfgpath="[path\to\config]" "[path\to\game]"

image.thumb.png.78d9e32c68455a2143594d5b36fc32b5.pngObviously I can't add this to github, however, because it won't work in 1.5.0 (and the game doesn't work correctly there anyway). So I've attached it below. You'd need to make a base config for PCSX2 1.2.1, then copy the inis out into a new folder for Shadow of Rome, then copy the .inis from the attachment below into the folder and overwrite.

Shadow of Rome 1.2.1 Config.zip

The final bit of annoyance is with Spartan: Total Warrior. So the game has a number of visual bugs, and I was having a real hell of a time getting them resolved, to the point that I was about to give up on it, but then finally after a not-insignificant amount of time fiddling with it, I finally got the visual problems mostly resolved. Woohoo! Except now that I can actually play the game I run into... freeze... Okay maybe that was just a fluke. Okay here we go, got a little bit further than last time and... freeze... :/ Okay so maybe not a fluke. Maybe it is a bigger problem. Let's try again for a bit and... freeze...

Apparently this is also a long-running issue that still hasn't been resolved. It just freezes randomly (and frequently). So, after all that, for the time being I'm calling it broken. It's a damn shame too because it's a great game :(

Also... holy crap had I forgotten how hideous Rune: Viking Warlord is. It's actually a decent game but good lord it looks like it's straight out of the N64.

Hi again, I just completed a full play through of the Getaway. And it was almost perfect. Some pop-ups in big open spaces while driving around which annoyed me. But the cutscenes are near perfect for me. And the rest of the gameplay also.  Steady 60 FPS  through out all gameplay and cutscenes. The only way I could achieve steady cutscenes was through VU stealing (VU+2, and EE-3). It had no bad side effects during the entire play trough of the Getaway. 

I had to turn on 8-Bit Textures because of a weird bug. While driving police cars the tail lights would not work properly. Seeing this is a no hud game and the tail lights are the only way to navigate trough the city it was a big issue. The only way to fix the tail light was by either switching to software rendering or turning on the 8-bit textures.

On a side note. The NTCS-version is the one to go with. In the Pal Version I kept running into graphical issues.

I hope this helps people who want to run this (story wise) great game in the future.

These are the settings I ended up with.

5a1b1d056d2a1_getaway0.thumb.png.d16d52eb46f8c59d9204ebb5e5c6621e.png5a1b1d0873e78_getaway10.thumb.png.121fd433cfcda0a46cee16b0c4975a22.png5a1b1d0b2d4ed_getaway20.thumb.png.9c44d2d9cb3495afcb0edde6ef1ea3a3.png

Thanks @Zombeaver and especially @alec100_94 for putting me on the right track. I would not have gotten this game running almost perfectly otherwise.

Edited by mssngr
  • Like 1