LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's PCSX2 Configs / Simple 1-Click Installs With PCSX2 Configurator

Zombeaver

Would just like to say thanks for this amazing plugin.  I had purchased a cheap Dell OptiPlex with a GTX 1050ti as an emulation machine and couldn't get Shadow of The Colossus to run well.  Using your config though it runs smooth with all of the bloom effect gone and zero slowdown so far.  I will now download the configs for the rest of my games.

Quick question, for the configs to be correctly picked up by PCSX2 I'm assuming the game has to be launched directly from Launchbox?

Also, with the upcoming PCSX2 Retroarch core, are there any plans to make the configs available for that?  It's early days yet, and have yet to see exactly what configuration options will be available within Retroarch, i.e. widescreen hacks etc.

On 11/15/2020 at 4:11 AM, Trebor84 said:

Would just like to say thanks for this amazing plugin.  I had purchased a cheap Dell OptiPlex with a GTX 1050ti as an emulation machine and couldn't get Shadow of The Colossus to run well.  Using your config though it runs smooth with all of the bloom effect gone and zero slowdown so far.  I will now download the configs for the rest of my games.

Quick question, for the configs to be correctly picked up by PCSX2 I'm assuming the game has to be launched directly from Launchbox?

Also, with the upcoming PCSX2 Retroarch core, are there any plans to make the configs available for that?  It's early days yet, and have yet to see exactly what configuration options will be available within Retroarch, i.e. widescreen hacks etc.

Unless the Retoarch core lays out the settings configurations in the same exact manner, it's likely everything would have to be redone from scratch.

And given the speed at which the core will be updated compared to the standalone, it might not be worth it to convert.

But I'm not an expert, so take what I'm saying with a barrel of salt.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, I just discovered this, and I can't help but say Thank You! There is shockingly little info for PCSX2 configurations floating around online, considering the popularity of the system, so your work here is an absolute godsend and is much appreciated!

However, i do have to ask, is this project still ongoing, or have you fully moved onto C64 Dreams?

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2017 at 8:17 PM, Zombeaver said:

The games must be scanned and matched with the LBGDB first! The LBGDB ID is how configs are matched, so you must do this first. Once they're scanned/matched you're ready to go - just right-click -> PCSX2 Configurator -> Download Config and you're all set!

What the heck is LBGDB?