LaunchBox Community Forums

Retro Achievements are on their way! (Teaser)

Jason Carr

3 hours ago, LukeArio said:

This is amazing. I'm so looking forward to getting my hands on this! Any chance of adding a users system for LaunchBox/BigBox so other people can log in to check their progress? Rather than just the main user?

Eventually, yes, however I don't think we'll be adding support for multiple users for this next release.

18 minutes ago, ckp said:

Not be take anything away from this feature, but just wanted to ask. I don't really know anything about what this feature is, but if we don't want to use it, it won't have to be "on" will it?

Retro achievements will be mandatory, I say! MANDATORY!!! ;)

18 minutes ago, Fablog said:

I understand we have to use their emulator. Is it a Retroarch modified?

There are various different emulators available on their site. I do believe Retroarch is supported. Though honestly I'm not the right person to ask because I'm still new to it myself, in all honesty. :)

6 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

@ckp considering you will need to have Retro Achievements setup (I'm assuming through RA) it will only do something if you sign LB into your Retro Achievements account.

Yup.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fablog said:

I understand we have to use their emulator. Is it a Retroarch modified?

They do have some modified emulators on there site you can use, however Retroarch has support built in, and a good selection of cores already support Retro Achievements. I have been using them in Retroarch for quite a while now, so this will just add a nice place to easily see what achievements I have without having to go to there website.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

They do have some modified emulators on there site you can use, however Retroarch has support built in, and a good selection of cores already support Retro Achievements. I have been using them in Retroarch for quite a while now, so this will just add a nice place to easily see what achievements I have without having to go to there website.

Yah what I did was i made a copy of the Retroarch folder and added this version as an alternative emulator called Achievements. So I don't have to log in and out and other people adding games to my profile:) 

16 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Yah what I did was i made a copy of the Retroarch folder and added this version as an alternative emulator called Achievements. So I don't have to log in and out and other people adding games to my profile:) 

Yeah that's a good way to do it, I am the only user on my system, but I could see that being useful for people who have more than one user.

1 minute ago, ALIE said:

Of course a LB user/profile system could  be a more elegant solution. 

Yeah absolutely, but that is a lot more work. Maybe when Jason gets around to the parental controls he has talked about it can all be rolled in together. So user accounts will have restricted access to mature rated games and there own retro achievements login.

• Like 2