LaunchBox Community Forums

7.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

I downloaded the official release and community ratings are not showing up. I connected the game to the LB database and acquired all the metadata, but the community rating still says none. I did check the database entry on my web browser, the game does have a community rating.

2017-12-13.png

Edited by LukeArio

21 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

What views and themes specifically are you using?

In Critical Zone, soundtrack audio doesn't work on the game detail page unless I'm starting from the text game list.  (Maybe because the screen doesn't reset between the two views).  Same issue in Retrofresh, Nostolgia, Futurestate, etc.

Edited by alnyden

31 minutes ago, alnyden said:

In Critical Zone, soundtrack audio doesn't work on the game detail page unless I'm starting from the text game list.  (Maybe because the screen doesn't reset between the two views).  Same issue in Retrofresh, Nostolgia, Futurestate, etc.

I see. The way it's supposed to work is that the music is supposed to play once the game is selected, and then when you go into the game details page it should just keep playing. Is the music playing when it's first selected (before going to the details)? Does it stop after that?

16 hours ago, LukeArio said:

I downloaded the official release and community ratings are not showing up. I connected the game to the LB database and acquired all the metadata, but the community rating still says none. I did check the database entry on my web browser, the game does have a community rating.

2017-12-13.png

Not sure why this might be, but it seems to be working fine for people. Did you run the Download Metadata and Media wizard?

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I see. The way it's supposed to work is that the music is supposed to play once the game is selected, and then when you go into the game details page it should just keep playing. Is the music playing when it's first selected (before going to the details)? Does it stop after that?

The soundtrack audio plays when the game is selected but upon going to the game details page the music stops and the video audio plays.  (Except from text list view)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

This is something on my list to address, though I am slightly afraid of the performance implications of fixing it.

Can this be stored with the meta data instead of calculated.  Once I have created a collection and added games i not going back and adding more.  If I did it can just revise the count.

@Jason Carr After further tinkering, I managed to get the community ratings to show up by the download metadata wizard. I made sure not to replace any existing fields and the community ratings synced up. Any chance of an option to sync all star ratings from the database to LaunchBox to get the most up-to-date community rating for each game?

Edited by LukeArio
  • Like 1

On 14/12/2017 at 9:20 AM, teeedubb said:

Yeah, platform metadata. I updated all my systems last week and it didn't update it. I'll try updating a single platform and see how it goes.

Is it possible to download media and metadata for only one platform? When I try "Tools > Download Metadata and Media" with a platorm selected it downloads data for all platforms.

I had a closer look at the platform metadata and while it might have added some data, there is still quite a bit missing for platforms that have info in the DB - "notes" in particular for multiple platforms and SNK Neo Geo CD is missing everything.

EDIT I tried with all the games selected in one platform, and while it does update metadata only for that platform, it didnt update any data for the SNK Neo Geo CD platform

Edited by teeedubb

On 12/14/2017 at 12:51 PM, NJDave71 said:

Can this be stored with the meta data instead of calculated.  Once I have created a collection and added games i not going back and adding more.  If I did it can just revise the count.

Yes, something like that is planned, though I need to do a bit of restructuring in order to make it happen. It's not exactly easy due to dynamic auto-populating playlists which make it difficult to quickly recognize when they've been changed.

23 hours ago, LukeArio said:

@Jason Carr After further tinkering, I managed to get the community ratings to show up by the download metadata wizard. I made sure not to replace any existing fields and the community ratings synced up. Any chance of an option to sync all star ratings from the database to LaunchBox to get the most up-to-date community rating for each game?

This is already possible just by going to all games and choosing selecting them all, then running the wizard. In the future I would like to make this more of an automated process, but for now it should work fine just to run the wizard with all games selected.

14 hours ago, teeedubb said:

Is it possible to download media and metadata for only one platform? When I try "Tools > Download Metadata and Media" with a platorm selected it downloads data for all platforms.

I had a closer look at the platform metadata and while it might have added some data, there is still quite a bit missing for platforms that have info in the DB - "notes" in particular for multiple platforms and SNK Neo Geo CD is missing everything.

EDIT I tried with all the games selected in one platform, and while it does update metadata only for that platform, it didnt update any data for the SNK Neo Geo CD platform

Yeah, I think perhaps Download Metadata and Media is not always updating platform metadata like it should. I'll look into that. But yes, it's easy to update community star ratings for one platform just by selecting all games for that platform and running the wizard.

• Thanks 2

Question for you guys. I've been testing the 7.15 official release for stability on three separate machines for days now. Shortly after I released 7.15 I somehow managed to get it to force close once. However, I've been running it for days since then and I haven't been able to get it to do that again at all. A Windows Update ran on that machine after the force close, so I'm wondering if maybe Microsoft fixed a bug or something. Has anyone seen any Big Box force closes since the official release? Please keep in mind that there are a few themes out there (especially older versions) that do cause their own lockups (due to one of the plugins), so it's important to note what theme and version of the theme that you're running if you do run into one.