LaunchBox Community Forums

7.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 11/19/2017 at 5:46 PM, shinra358 said:

Star rating and add to playlist will still show in game details even when you don't have them checked in this new update.

Make sure you're changing the settings under Game Menu and not Game Details. I know it's slightly confusing; the Game Details settings are used for displaying the text details, while the Game Menu settings are used for populating the items in the game details menu. I just tested everything and it seems to work properly, though there is not currently an option to turn off the Add to Playlist item from the menu.

On 11/19/2017 at 9:21 PM, emko said:

how do i click to update when the Welcome  box is sitting on top of the yes/no box ?? i can't click to close it as the update box is probably in focus or something? anyone?

edit nvm i just used bigbox to update it

Yeah, I know that's still a weird Windows issue every once in a while. Most people have turned on background updates so I haven't done anything about it yet.

4 hours ago, Jebus1988 said:

Hello there jason. Have you managed to get in contact with the RA dev? I did write a follow post on the forums on their site. Also do you have discord. It looks like you coming along with things nicely. I can give u the link into RA discord server if you don' aaready have it. 

Thanks, I did get in touch with Scott on Discord; he's the developer of the API. He's working on solving the issues with the few platforms that have problems. :)

Beta 5 is out now guys:

- New Feature: Community star ratings are now available in LaunchBox and will show as a slightly different color. You can download the community's star ratings for your games by using Tools > Download Metadata and Media.

- New Feature: Star ratings set in LaunchBox will now automatically upload to the LaunchBox Games Database in order to contribute to the community's ratings. You can disable this under Tools > Options > Search.

- Improvement: Syncing your collection to the cloud now reports progress and is much quicker; viewing your collection on the web is much quicker as well.

- Improvement: Star ratings can now be set at half values

Community star ratings is the last major thing I'm adding to 7.15 before the official release; however, I do still need to add the community star rating features to Big Box as well, so that is next. :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant I'm glad you have managed to get in contact. As I follow both of RA (yes retro achievements lol) and LB. I think it's great what you guys are doing. I haven't even set up my system yet but still following what you both do. Keep up the good work ?. Thanks Neil I will pop on and say hello when I get  a chance. 

• Like 1

Community rating is a great idea!  Couple questions:  Can they be added to the list view grid in Launchbox so we can sort by star rating and community rating?  Also, can community rating be added to the playlist auto-populate options?  Would love to auto-populate a playlist with community five star games.

Also, it would be great if star rating could be set in the bulk edit window.  That way favorite playlists could be quickly set to a specific star #.

Edited by alnyden
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Community rating is a great idea!  Couple questions:  Can they be added to the list view grid in Launchbox so we can sort by star rating and community rating?  Also, can community rating be added to the playlist auto-populate options?  Would love to auto-populate a playlist with community five star games.

Also, it would be great if star rating could be set in the bulk edit window.  That way favorite playlists could be quickly set to a specific star #.

Both good questions. :)