Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

7.15-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

Also dont forget theres always RocketLauncher with it's pause mode

this option will involve some setting up but plenty of youtube videos to help

colpipes1978 video's are great for this

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that my rocketlauncher has a really hard time bringing up the pause menu over bigbox.  Like sometimes it won't show but I can hear the menu sounds.   Big box must just Be so powerful that even RL can't get on top 😋 Lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I've noticed that my rocketlauncher has a really hard time bringing up the pause menu over bigbox.  Like sometimes it won't show but I can hear the menu sounds.   Big box must just Be so powerful that even RL can't get on top 😋 Lol.  

If that happens, in my experience it means the emulator/module is not setup correctly or is not compatible.  The pause menu does not work with every emulator or even every version of an emulator.  It can be frustrating for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, drphobus said:

Also dont forget theres always RocketLauncher with it's pause mode

this option will involve some setting up but plenty of youtube videos to help

colpipes1978 video's are great for this

 

 

As tempting as the extra functionality that RL provides sounds, I just don't got the time to disappear down another rabbit hole. That's what will happen lol. I have just taken 'delivery' of a new complete ScummVM instance thanks to eXoDOS which I'm extracting from zips right now. (I'm so glad for EpicFail's ScummVM Import Tool). Once that is all imported to LB, I'll see what the damage is regarding missing Media etc because I WILL have to get it all (Google Images, cropping video's from YouTube). This will probably take me up to Christmas.

TLDR;

RocketLauncher sounds really tempting, but I haven't got the time for a rabbit hole as big as that one lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if hyperpause was still separate, it'll be alright, but they merged it with rocketlauncher and ain nobody got time for all that clutter xD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have to say, I'm a novice at RocketLauncher and haven't had any issue getting it going and integrating LaunchBox with it. The RocketLauncher Wiki is pretty complete, plus their forums are a big help if you hit a snag. Now that I have it running, I wouldn't go back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I'm having an issue with getting achievements to appear for Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood) for NEC PC Engine-CD (the platform name I use). If I edit the game's info and change the platform to NEC TurboGrafx 16, the achievements appear for the game, but I'd rather not combine all of my games like that - I prefer to split them up by region, and by whether or not it's a Disc or Hu card. I use these four platform names - NEC TurboGrafx-16, NEC TurboGrafx-CD, NEC PC Engine, NEC PC Engine-CD, and it seems NEC TurboGrafx is the only one that will load up achievements.

Is there a way I can change a setting, or tweak something to make this game's achievements show up, without changing it's platform to NEC TurboGrafx-16?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr

I have a suspicion the average rating for games is wrong, they all seem to be much lower than one would expect.

As a test, I looked at System Shock enhanced edition which had a 0 star rating from 7 users and then rated it, the average score is now 0.5. I am guessing those 7 people have not rated the game and their score has been logged as zero.

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/71845

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hexxxer said:

@Jason Carr

I have a suspicion the average rating for games is wrong, they all seem to be much lower than one would expect.

As a test, I looked at System Shock enhanced edition which had a 0 star rating from 7 users and then rated it, the average score is now 0.5. I am guessing those 7 people have not rated the game and their score has been logged as zero.

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/71845

Wow, you're right, good find. What happened is that I didn't realize that when people un-rated games, the 0 value was still being reported back up and then it was being used in the calculation. The good news is that I can just fix this on the server and it should fix it in people's collections once they download updated metadata.

It's not an overly common issue because it only happened when people un-rated games, but it's enough to matter lol. It's fixed on the server, but since LaunchBox will only download updated metadata once a day, you may have to wait until tomorrow to run the Download Metadata and Media wizard (unless you haven't downloaded any metadata yet today).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a thought the other day - given that RetroAchievements were just implemented, what's the possibility of adding in Steam (and possibly GOG) achievements? Those are publicly viewable, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to hook into them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2017 at 4:15 PM, Typhon said:

Guys I'm having an issue with getting achievements to appear for Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood) for NEC PC Engine-CD (the platform name I use). If I edit the game's info and change the platform to NEC TurboGrafx 16, the achievements appear for the game, but I'd rather not combine all of my games like that - I prefer to split them up by region, and by whether or not it's a Disc or Hu card. I use these four platform names - NEC TurboGrafx-16, NEC TurboGrafx-CD, NEC PC Engine, NEC PC Engine-CD, and it seems NEC TurboGrafx is the only one that will load up achievements.

Is there a way I can change a setting, or tweak something to make this game's achievements show up, without changing it's platform to NEC TurboGrafx-16?

I think you can get past this by setting the "Scrape As" dropdown value for the platform under Tools > Manage Platforms.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zombeaver said:

I had a thought the other day - given that RetroAchievements were just implemented, what's the possibility of adding in Steam (and possibly GOG) achievements? Those are publicly viewable, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to hook into them.

Certainly a possibility. I haven't looked into the APIs for those, but of course that would determine the feasibility of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Jason Carrhope you and the family had a great Christmas and new years when that comes around 🍾✨🎉.

Curious what is the next feature planned for development. Netplay from the last poll? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ALIE said:

Hey @Jason Carrhope you and the family had a great Christmas and new years when that comes around 🍾✨🎉.

Curious what is the next feature planned for development. Netplay from the last poll? 

Yup, netplay and the PDF reader. :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely looking forward to the PDF reader! That's something I've wanted for quite a while.

Not sure what you have in mind for netplay, but could be interesting. I'm assuming it will be hooking into RA for this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Definitely looking forward to the PDF reader! That's something I've wanted for quite a while.

Not sure what you have in mind for netplay, but could be interesting. I'm assuming it will be hooking into RA for this?

Yup, it will be specific to Retroarch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in both of those features, it'll be great to get use out of all those pdf manuals from Emumovies and to be able to navigate them via a controller in Big Box would be sweet :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Netplay and built in PDF reader is what Jason told me was next and then after that the next poll.

Can't wait to try the upcoming PDF viewer using my Arcade panel. That will be very nice indeed. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Wow, you're right, good find. What happened is that I didn't realize that when people un-rated games, the 0 value was still being reported back up and then it was being used in the calculation. The good news is that I can just fix this on the server and it should fix it in people's collections once they download updated metadata.

It's not an overly common issue because it only happened when people un-rated games, but it's enough to matter lol. It's fixed on the server, but since LaunchBox will only download updated metadata once a day, you may have to wait until tomorrow to run the Download Metadata and Media wizard (unless you haven't downloaded any metadata yet today).

When I run the wizard, will I have to select to overwrite existing meta data? I've made some tweaks in some of my own personal databases that I don't want to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...