LaunchBox Community Forums

Phill's Doodles - Retrorama

PhillsDoodles

@bundangdon, sorry if i don't understood, i'm still learning about all those views that LB offers... you mean a second platform view with the list arranged like your sketch? if so, i don't think that would be a problem to do, because the layout it's pretty much done and i can make one of the platforms that way.

@wallmachine i agree, but i always likes simple things, i think that if a theme has too much information, it will end up like an website or a newspaper. I know a lot of people thinks in the opposite way and love to see every details of a game, plus some screens, video and fan art popping out, but i tend to make things more visual and simplier than informative and with too much itens to see because the whole purpouse is just choose the games to play.

I've tried to make themes with lots of stuff for hyperspin on the past and they all looked like crap because i didn't know where to put the stuff, lol

7 hours ago, PhillsDoodles said:

@bundangdon, sorry if i don't understood, i'm still learning about all those views that LB offers... you mean a second platform view with the list arranged like your sketch? if so, i don't think that would be a problem to do, because the layout it's pretty much done and i can make one of the platforms that way.

@wallmachine i agree, but i always likes simple things, i think that if a theme has too much information, it will end up like an website or a newspaper. I know a lot of people thinks in the opposite way and love to see every details of a game, plus some screens, video and fan art popping out, but i tend to make things more visual and simplier than informative and with too much itens to see because the whole purpouse is just choose the games to play.

I've tried to make themes with lots of stuff for hyperspin on the past and they all looked like crap because i didn't know where to put the stuff, lol

Right! That's exactly what I was looking for, a second platform view which uses the same layout as the roms/games layout. I figured it would (probably) use the same code as the games-list layout and in my imagination it seems like a pretty cool idea :)

• Like 1

Nice work on the logo. Excited to see how the theme evolves. I have it installed on one of my bartops. I enjoy comic style themes. Grilla had a ComicBox one I still use. He has some cool screen transitions. Maybe check it out to get some ideas. Grilla and Cid are definitely awesome theme makers and I know we welcome you to the ranks! 

Edited by Retro808
Corrected the maker name.
  • Like 1

As a creator of one of the Aeon Nox themes for HyperSpin, I gotta say this is awesome.

I have been wanting to make a theme for LaunchBox but just been too lazy to get it set up properly..especially after spending years working with HyperSpin.

If I do ever set my system up with LaunchBox, this is the theme to watch for me. Love it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, newyears1978 said:

As a creator of one of the Aeon Nox themes for HyperSpin, I gotta say this is awesome.

I have been wanting to make a theme for LaunchBox but just been too lazy to get it set up properly..especially after spending years working with HyperSpin.

If I do ever set my system up with LaunchBox, this is the theme to watch for me. Love it!

Small world, I am the guy who basically rebuilt Aeon Nox for LB/BB.

• Like 2