LaunchBox Community Forums

Phill's Doodles - Retrorama

PhillsDoodles

He didnt publicly release a ton of consoles he was working on. Said he was working on nearly 100 platforms. I'd kill for some of the more modern ones like NDS/Wii/Gamecube/PS2 But now I've just got to look for another theme instead, which kills me. As I have been in love with Retrorama since it came to Raspberry Pi.

Sorry to hear the theme creator is no longer working on this due to idiots on the internet.  :(  Everyone here certainly appreciates his great work.

Curious if anyone else is having an issue with the videos no longer playing?  It was working for me before, but at some point it stopped showing the game videos.  Thanks for any advice.  

Hey, does anyone here have any skills with the XML needed (i think that is what is used for themes)?  I can do some Photoshop work for the theme.  No way I am as good, but maybe we can revive this thing?  Of course giving credit to Filipe throughout the work.  I would use the same phi doodle signatures he has to pay homage.

Its not necessary. Filipe already did that work. All that is needed is more artwork. Im you want to extend the theme, just make your own pack of images and upload them as an optional expansion to the Retrorama theme. That way you dont have to share any work or code that Filipe made without permission.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, latin625 said:

Damn that looks pretty cheesy.  He was selling that?

No, this was the guy who made a recalbox image that he shared where he stripped Phil's Doodles out of all the images. The guys who were selling his front end were some random community of arcade vendors. And I dont think they were removing credit from Filipe, so much as refusing his asking that they not sell his artwork on their cabs. To which, their response was a lot of hate and belittling, from what I gather.

6 hours ago, dmjohn0x said:

Its not necessary. Filipe already did that work. All that is needed is more artwork. Im you want to extend the theme, just make your own pack of images and upload them as an optional expansion to the Retrorama theme. That way you dont have to share any work or code that Filipe made without permission.

But what about the video snaps and stuff.  That doesnt work in the current version.  You said: optional expansion to the Retrorama theme

Is that hard to do?  Any tutorials on how to create an expansion pack?

Edited by latin625

On 2/24/2018 at 10:00 AM, latin625 said:

But what about the video snaps and stuff.  That doesnt work in the current version.  You said: optional expansion to the Retrorama theme

Is that hard to do?  Any tutorials on how to create an expansion pack?

I'd be okay without the video snaps, but I can't get screenshots to show up properly in that location.  That area just stays blank or shows a screenshot that then doesn't change when I scroll the games.  Anyone else having that issue? 

Agree with others that CoverBox is the best substitute!

On 27/02/2018 at 11:19 AM, alnyden said:

I'd be okay without the video snaps, but I can't get screenshots to show up properly in that location.  That area just stays blank or shows a screenshot that then doesn't change when I scroll the games.  Anyone else having that issue? 

Agree with others that CoverBox is the best substitute!

I dont have that issue at all. Only time I dont get a screenshot is when one isnt scraped. Go and check your views.

• 2 weeks later...