Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

How do i update Launchbox?


Kharius
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, DrLight79 said:

Question: My Launchbox Options are all checked for Auto-Update, and this always seems to have worked in the past, However Launchbox has not updated Automatically to 8.2, any ideas how to fix this or manually check for updates to push this through?

So it has not updated at all and you have the Check for Update on Startup selected?

If you make sure "Automatically Download Updates in Background" is not checked then whenever LB prompts you for an update it will show you the progress bar of the update. So just have "Check for Updates on Startup" checked.

Or also check the "Beta Release" box if you want to run betas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

So it has not updated at all and you have the Check for Update on Startup selected?

If you make sure "Automatically Download Updates in Background" is not checked then whenever LB prompts you for an update it will show you the progress bar of the update. So just have "Check for Updates on Startup" checked.

Or also check the "Beta Release" box if you want to run betas. 

Yes I have All Options Checked and it does not seem to be updateing. I will try to uncheck "Auto Down in Background" then restart and see it that helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, DrLight79 said:

Yes I have All Options Checked and it does not seem to be updateing. I will try to uncheck "Auto Down in Background" then restart and see it that helps.

With the background option check you will not know it is downloading. It just does its thing so I keep it unchecked. What version does your Launchbox say it is on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DrLight79 said:

Yes I have All Options Checked and it does not seem to be updateing. I will try to uncheck "Auto Down in Background" then restart and see it that helps.

11 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

So it has not updated at all and you have the Check for Update on Startup selected?

If you make sure "Automatically Download Updates in Background" is not checked then whenever LB prompts you for an update it will show you the progress bar of the update. So just have "Check for Updates on Startup" checked.

Or also check the "Beta Release" box if you want to run betas. 

Ok so that seems to be the Issue, it would not Auto Update. My PC has been on for 2 days, so im guessing is some kind of bug with the auto-update protocol  or its just my PC being a flake. But it DID start the Update once started manually. Thank You for you Help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

 

With the background option check you will not know it is downloading. It just does its thing so I keep it unchecked. What version does your Launchbox say it is on?

Ver. 8.1, I was getting no bandwidth loss due to any background transfers, thats how i knew it was not auto starting the update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...