LaunchBox Community Forums

Suggestion for future build (Steam related)

Nickjs

5 minutes ago, Nickjs said:

Thank you! Thats better than no video at all, lol. Better get started.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You could run the steam importer and tell it just to download videos in the wizard, then delete the system from launchbox after the import and move the videos to the folder you are using for your manually imported steam games.

Ahh that's not a bad idea actually. I didn't think of that. I'll have a look at that myself in a minute! Cheers Neil.

44 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You could run the steam importer and tell it just to download videos in the wizard, then delete the system from launchbox after the import and move the videos to the folder you are using for your manually imported steam games.

That's also a good idea. The only downside I see to this is the really long download time since you will be downloading videos for all steam games you own and not just the games you want.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could the steam importer not be pointed to or look for the steam library folders? Steam also installs the games as removable via programs and features in Windows so it could scan for games via those registry keys, as well. Importing the entire library and not just what's installed just seems like the wrong way to go about it.