LaunchBox Community Forums

Aeon MQ7 [Preview Version]

CriticalCid

What would I have to change to make the orange outfitline blue or Red. If you don't mind me asking @CriticalCid

Never  mind then I would have to change it everywhere ?

@Jason Carr maybe small things in themes that could be changed from the options similar to Kodi could be a future thing? Fonts and stuff like that the little stuff. 

15147550620931608040381.jpg

Edited by ALIE

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, it would be nice to have a theme-specific settings GUI so hopefully we can add that eventually. The trouble is providing a decent way for theme creators to create and access settings without having to code anything.

I'm not a coder but I would love to design themes. Would love a theme builder pc application with an easy to follow theme creator wizard and nice gui. Imagine the creations our community could produce.

New version is out!

Changelog:

Version 0.1.3:
- Updated: Grila's weather plugin was updated to the newest version. You can now see if the temperature is set up in celsius or fahrenheit and the platform views now show the name of the current set up location. 

Thanks again to @Grila for implementing my requests in to his plugin :)

• Like 3

Hey @CriticalCid, loving the theme. :) I have one little question/request though, would it be possible to set a overall default background image on the platform wheels? I like the games views with the background fanart, but I find the constant changing of art on the platform wheels a little distracting, especially as what is displayed it often quite low res and doesn't look great on my 60inch TV.

Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hey @CriticalCid, loving the theme. :) I have one little question/request though, would it be possible to set a overall default background image on the platform wheels? I like the games views with the background fanart, but I find the constant changing of art on the platform wheels a little distracting, especially as what is displayed it often quite low res and doesn't look great on my 60inch TV.

Thanks again.

Wouldn't you just use the same image and rename it for each platform in the images folder to do this?

O

Just now, neil9000 said:

I could, but then that would also apply to any other theme I decide to switch to. It would be simpler for me to drop a single image into a folder in this specific theme, like we already can do with clear logo's, banners etc.

Ohhh yeah. I am new to LB so still learning. The skinning/theming here is confusing to me, even after being a Hyperspin theme creator, lol.

Yeah at the moment you can use specific art by dropping it into a theme folder then it only applies to said theme, you can also drop art into the main Launchbox/images folder and that would apply across all themes, unless as stated you have specific art in that theme folder. 

33 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Thanks again.

Sure, that’s definitely possible. Just open the View you want to edit and replace the line of code for the background with this:

<Image Source="Path to your image" Stretch="Fill" Panel.ZIndex="0" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

Make sure that you use / for seperating the folders in the path.

If you prefer to do a relative file path start your path with this:

{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/

that's the relative path to your LaunchBox folder.

1 minute ago, CriticalCid said:

Sure, that’s definitely possible. Just open the View you want to edit and replace the line of code for the background with this:

<Image Source="Path to your image" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

Make sure that you use / for seperating the folders in the path.

If you prefer to do a relative file path start your path with this:

{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/

that's the relative path to your LaunchBox folder.

Excellent, thanks @CriticalCid ill have a play with it. I may just take one of the background images straight from the Aeon MQ 7 kodi folder.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Sorry @CriticalCid I'm clearly a idiot or stupid as I am struggling, I have added a image to Themes\Aeon MQ7\Image folder and called it defaultbackground5a4d1ac932238_Screenshot(223).thumb.png.95dca8cf6c709def4fb477737b661630.pngI have then edited the platformwheel3 to the attached file

And I get this.5a4d1cee133a4_Screenshot(224).thumb.png.49b041e69f3a3307f03143acf288c3f3.pngI am clearly missing something, as your instructions were so simple, sorry.

PlatformWheel3FiltersView.xaml

You have no file extension on your "defaultbackground" image in the XAML

• Thanks 1

Once again another great theme @CriticalCid. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your talent with us. 

Is there a way to lessen the opacity of the background image? It looks great on the cabinet screens but I have a 3rd screen (4k TV) the system links to when you want to sit at the couch and play. The background image fade as it is makes the image almost disappear when viewed on that TV. I do not want to turn it off fully just reduce it some. Thanks!