LaunchBox Community Forums

Aeon MQ7 [Preview Version]

CriticalCid

3 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

You can reduce the background fade in the BigBix options. Let me know if it's still too dark even when set to 0%

Where is the face slap emoji when you need it. Completely forgot about that setting. Thanks Cid exactly what I needed. Looks great now. 

• Like 1

I am really enjoying this theme and thank you for the work you put into it. I’m still learning the location and syntax for themes. On platform view, Is it possible to speed up the text scrolling at the bottom of the screen?  If so, where is this located?  Thank you again!

Their are properties that you can add to your XAML helperControl for the scrolling marquee text.  I set my defaults to match my needs.  I intended to make this a community plugin but never got around to it

<HelperControl:ScrollableTextBlock Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="2" TextWrapping="Wrap" Text="{Binding Notes, Converter={StaticResource NoNewline}}" FontSize="31" Foreground="White" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontHead}" Height="50" ScrollSpeed="70">

ScrollSpeed="70" (Make the number smaller to slow the speed)

Edited by NJDave71
  • Like 1

Version 0.2 is out!

Changelog:

- General: The WallView now does support game videos!

Important: You need at least LaunchBox v8.0 Beta-2 to see the videos in the WallView, otherwise you won't see anything at all, not even screenshots. If you don’t want to update to the latest LB beta version yet I suggest you to stay on one of the previous 0.1.x versions of this theme.

• Like 4

I’m not quite sure if I understand you correctly. You want that all videos get stretched to 16:9?

I also don’t know how that should work for boxart as you have completely different formats across all platforms, for example it would like horrible if you stretch a SNES box into a DVD case format.

Besides playlists and PC games I can't think of a scenario where you would run into these situations.

28 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

For example lets say you have a grid and in that grid the video being displayed might be 4:3 or 16:9 depending on the platform but you want the videos to be consistent and to be stretched to the size of the gri

The native element for videos in Big Box doesn’t support any kinds of stretching. It’s possible with a workaround by using the background element for it and force enable background videos in the Big Box options. But that also means that you can’t use fanart images anymore, so that’s not an option.

There’s also already a transparent black box around them to give the videos a more unified profile, isn't that enough in your eyes?

28 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

is there no way to keep the consistency between the platforms so that the same amount of boxart will be displayed for each platform?

I’m lost here. The WallView shows 3 rows with 5 games per row, for every platform, so that’s definitely consistent and the TextList and CoverFlow aren’t affected by this issue at all. Are you talking about the favorite games list in the platform views?

Think I could get some help on a little problem I'm having? The bottom right of this view partially shows scrolling game details and scrolling notes. After searching options for 30 minutes, I cannot figure out how to have only game details like in your 007 screenshot. mp3details.thumb.png.c965b055d635a4a33af310ee663d9f43.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy easter everybody. I just released my new Big Box theme, it's a port of the well beloved HyperSpin Unfied Widescreen Megatheme Project. And yes, it also features the spinning discs. I assure you it's no April fools joke :)

Also sorry to everybody who rather wanted to see me working more on AeonMQ7. I promise I'll come back to it soon enough!

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Aeon MQ7 v0.3 released!

The new version requires LaunchBox v9.4 or higher!

This update is mainly focused on fixing/improving things for the new theming changes that came with LB v9.4

I want to say that I have not forgotten about this theme but I don’t know when I will come back to it and finish it. Sorry to everybody who is waiting for new big updates.

Changelog:

v0.3 - 02.13.2019 - requires LB v9.4 or higher
- Removed: The weather plugin by @Grila was removed as it's being broken at the moment. It will get re-added once it has been fixed.
- Removed: The HelperControl plugin was removed as its functions are now integrated in Big Box itself
- Fixed: The games count in the Platform Views now handles smaller and bigger numbers better  
- Updated: The theme was updated and tested for the new theming engine changes in LB v9.4
- Updated: The community rating is now rounded up to two decimal places
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...