LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

8.0-beta-1 Released

5 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Why ?

Jason said he reverted the change because it was causing performance issues.

My BigBox loaded 8 seconds before, and then it used to load in 5 seconds until it went back to 8 seconds when he reverted the change.

I think Launchbox still loads faster than before, though, so only no loading speed changes with BigBox.

4 minutes ago, ZeSystem said:

Jason said he reverted the change because it was causing performance issues.

My BigBox loaded 8 seconds before, and then it used to load in 5 seconds until it went back to 8 seconds when he reverted the change.

I think Launchbox still loads faster than before, though, so only no loading speed changes with BigBox.

"On your system" other systems may vary. :) 

12 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

"On your system" other systems may vary. :) 

Ah, I see. Makes sense since it's probably as fast as it can get (8700k 5ghz + NVMe SSD).

LaunchBox still loads faster so that's a huge plus.

• Like 1

new beta doesn't seem to always open bigbox the first time when pressing enter or double clicking. i have to come back and double click or enter on bigbox again.

3 hours ago, wallmachine said:

new beta doesn't seem to always open bigbox the first time when pressing enter or double clicking. i have to come back and double click or enter on bigbox again.

Typically this happens if you're restarting LaunchBox or Big Box and the previous instance hasn't yet shut down.

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Typically this happens if you're restarting LaunchBox or Big Box and the previous instance hasn't yet shut down.

I always make sure the process has been closed first i guess from habibt. Forgot to note the bigbox logo appears and then disappears.

just restarted my computer double clicked on bigbox the logo appeared for a bit then disappeared

Edited by wallmachine

@Jason Carr RetroArch Netplay is not showing up as an option for Nintendo Super Famicom (but shows up for Super Nintendo Entertainment System), Nintendo Game Boy (but shows up for Nintendo Game Boy Color), Nintendo Famicom (but shows up for Nintendo Entertainment System. Also not seeing anything for Nintendo Famicom Disk System, NEC TurboGrafx-CD, NEC PC Engine, NEC PC Engine-CD, NEC Super Grafx, or Sega Saturn.

I added RetroArch as an emulator already.

Edited by Typhon