LaunchBox Community Forums

Auto Hot Key for Arcade_osd

neogetter

hi guys, hard request:

i use calamity drivers with arcade_osd. 90% of systems use a low resolution, so i put desktop in 320x200 at 15khz (choosing in the list of arcade_osd), and all went ok.

the problem is when i need to start systems like dreamcast, atomiswave, psx (high resolution) Ps2, etc, on CRT all starts at 320x200 (very pixelate).

groovymame have switchres and it's fantastic, others have not...

there is a possibility to make an AHK like "shift+ctrl+F1" for change resolution trough Arcade_osd in 640x480 for example?

sorry for my english, hope you understand what i mean :)

thanks

hi dear...i found the solution!!

please download "display changer" it's a small free program

https://12noon.com/?page_id=80

and then put this in the script of LB for each emulator you want (i created an instance of Retroarch , Rocketlauncher for the platform i want:

Run, c:\dc\dc.exe -width=320 -height=240 -refresh=max -depth=max
$Esc::
{
        Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
Run, c:\dc\dc.exe -width=640 -height=448 -refresh=max -depth=max
}

the program will change the resolution, in my case with calamity drivers, 320x240 is perfect for FS-UAE for a perfect scrolling cause arcade_osd say 320x240 50hz.

after you close the pemulator pressing Esc it wil revert automatically to 640x448 desktop (my choice)

not need for grooovymame it have switchres ^^

i choiced 640x448 for PSX and DEMUL (dreamcast, atomiswave, hikaru ecc), you cand do that for model2 and model3 emulator...with this program and script you can do everything!!! hope to be helpful! ^^

i use very useful this too:

1) always with display changer installed, create an AHK file and then copy this, install autohotkey program and associate ahk to it

2) put the ahk file (in my case resolion.ahk) in the start folder of windows, anytime windows starts...ahk will starts... ^^

; This is a simple and pretty generic example of an AutoHotkey script to run a
; program when you press a keyboard shortcut. Add as many of these as you want
; to a .ahk file, and set that to be run at startup.

; See the Hotkeys reference [1] for details of the modifiers and keys available.

; [1]: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm

; win+Alt+Z - 2560x480
#!Z::
    run, "..\..\..\..\..\dc\dc.exe" -width=2560 -height=480 -refresh=max -depth=max

Return

; win+Alt+X - 640x488
#!X::
    run, "..\..\..\..\..\dc\dc.exe" -width=640 -height=448 -refresh=max -depth=max

Return

; win+Alt+C - 640x240
#!C::
    run, "..\..\..\..\..\dc\dc.exe" -width=512 -height=240 -refresh=max -depth=max

Return

; win+Alt+V - 320x240
#!V::
    run, "..\..\..\..\..\dc\dc.exe" -width=384 -height=288 -refresh=max -depth=max

you can choice hotkyes and resolutions u want supportated, so, in case out of sync or change immediately a resolution...you can... :) (i choiced these for now)

• 3 years later...

@neogetter Thank you! This solution to change resolutions helped me to resolve a very annoying problem with Star Wars Battle Pod on Teknoparrot. The game insists on displaying in 16:9 (1920x1080) even though all the other Teknoparrot games display at 5:4 (full screen) on my arcade build.

Your script works with the minor inconvenience that I have to press Esc twice to exit the game. The first time seems to only revert the resolution back to 1280x1024, and the second press of Esc actually quits Teknoparrot - even though the script seems to be telling Launchbox to do both at once. Any suggestions?

@neogetter @JoeViking245

Hi JoeViking245, thank you for the suggestion. I used your code and altered it just to point to the right place on my C drive where the dc.exe lives, but no dice. Not only does pressing Esc not exit Teknoparrot, but then I'm stuck and pressing it again doesn't exit me either! I have to press the Windows key and exit Teknoparrot that way. 

Any other possible solutions?

11 hours ago, SquirrelFromTheFuture said:

Any other possible solutions?

Plan "B"

Remove everything from you emulator's (TeknoParrot) Running AutoHotkey Script tab.  Click OK to save.  (this assumes all you have in there is the 1st "Run" line and then the Escape method/sequence)

Edit your Star Wars Battle Pod game and go to the Additional Apps section and click Add Application.

In the Application Path:, Browse to your "dc.exe" location and select it.

In Application Command-Line Parameters:, type in the parameters dc.exe needs to put SWBP into the resolution need.

-width=640 -height=448 -refresh=max -depth=max

(change your width and height accordingly.)

Check the box Automatically Run Before Main Application:.

Fill in the Application Name (to what ever you want to call it)

Click OK to save.

Part 2: (required)

Do the same thing again to Add an Additional Application, but this time...

Set the width and height to what you want it to be AFTER exiting SWBP.

And this time check the box for Automatically Run After Main Application:.

Give it a different Application Name and click OK.  Click OK again. Play the game.

8 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

Plan "B"

Remove everything from you emulator's (TeknoParrot) Running AutoHotkey Script tab.  Click OK to save.  (this assumes all you have in there is the 1st "Run" line and then the Escape method/sequence)

Edit your Star Wars Battle Pod game and go to the Additional Apps section and click Add Application.

In the Application Path:, Browse to your "dc.exe" location and select it.

In Application Command-Line Parameters:, type in the parameters dc.exe needs to put SWBP into the resolution need.

-width=640 -height=448 -refresh=max -depth=max

(change your width and height accordingly.)

Check the box Automatically Run Before Main Application:.

Fill in the Application Name (to what ever you want to call it)

Click OK to save.

Part 2: (required)

Do the same thing again to Add an Additional Application, but this time...

Set the width and height to what you want it to be AFTER exiting SWBP.

And this time check the box for Automatically Run After Main Application:.

Give it a different Application Name and click OK.  Click OK again. Play the game.

This worked!!!!! 🎉👯

I had no idea about this 'additional apps' feature. On behalf of everyone who will stumble into this thread to find your solution (and for myself), THANK YOU! 

• Game On 1