LaunchBox Community Forums

emulator not found

neogetter

Good evening All

i noticed a big problem (maybe there is already a solution) regarding change emulator.

for example i have few versions of a game in an unique voice "alien vs predator":

Alien vs predator (Europe)

Alien vs predator (Us)

Alien vs predator (Japan)

when i delete an emulator and i create a new one, when i run the game it's start correctly, but if i choice another version LB say "the emulator does not exist anymore", when i select all the games in the platform and i want make change (in this case emulator) and i choice the new one, the other versions inside of the game does not work anymore, like the option "change emulator" does not affect the various versions of the game, i need to go inside the game and for each version change manually the emulator...there is a solution to change the emulator for all games and versions?

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I changed my emulators trying again Retroarch (not working well as always, so removed again) and when I've changed emulators again, Launchbox says the same thing. I'm getting crazy trying to resolve it, and I really don't want to remove all my games and setup them again honestly, it takes too long.

PS: excuse my bad english.

Edited by Satori Ankh

Okay all those additional games are added as additional apps so pick the main game from LB and right click it and choose edit then go to the additional apps tab look at your additional apps and edit them change the emulator to the one you want to use now instead it should fix the issue.

That's the problem, there are too many games to change the emulator for every single one, plus I have to do it again for NES, SNES, SEGA Mega Drive and Gameboy Advance. I feel like I wasted my license, so much work to do again and until then the license will end :S That Retroarch ruined my day once again.

1 minute ago, neogetter said:

did this too...it changes only for the first rom , the subroms are not affected to the bulk edit :(

The only other thing then is to re-import. It will only take a couple of minutes per system as you already have all the images and videos, just import and UNCHECK all of the image and video options, they will re attach after the import.

yes, did that... lol, which pc you have??? couple of minutes for commodore 64 and 15000 games is very fast! ahahah lol...

anyway, i hope it will be implemented cause at every change of emulator (in my case i'm changing lot of times cause i find new solutions for some problems, like new emulators or others things, it's bad reimport every time...PSX for example, 5000 titles zipped, i see my I5 3570k is not too fast...) xD

lol...

i created a monster...cause i'm on an old TV , with the CRT , and i recently won the fight with the resolutions...120 systems, everyone with the it's own specific resolution...thanks to AHK and display changer software!!! lol....

i won with multi disk games with PSX, Saturn, Dreamcast....with a simple key "c" it open the menu for choice the disc i want of the game without use m3u extension...all my games are zipped and i can change disk thanks to rocketlauncher and multigame menu!!! :D