LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox

faeran

CoverBox

View File

The CoverBox project is one where my goal is to recreate retro console's boxart as a BigBox Theme.

Each theme is designed for 1080p.

P.S. I created graphic assets for the star ratings. Please feel free to use them in your theme.

With the release of CoverBox 4.0, the theme has been completely ported over to the COMMUNITY Theme Creator. I now included the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files that you can use to load into the CTC to make any edits that you'd like. Please follow these instructions to do so:

• Make sure you already have a copy of the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, and you have it set up (link below)
  • Download both the Theme files and COMMUNITY Theme Creator files
  • Extract the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files into your COMMUNITY Theme Creator\My Theme Projects folder (don't forget to right click the archive, go into properties, and unblock the file)
  • Open the Theme files zip, go into the Fonts folder and install all the fonts in there.
  • Open the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, you should now find it in the dropdown list of themes

Installation Instructions

1. Download the CoverBox - Theme Files.zip file.
  2. Right click the file, go to properties and make sure to unblock the file
  3. Open the zip file and place the folder into the LaunchBox\Themes folder
  4. Select the CoverBox theme in BigBox

CoverBox Images

List of Supported Platforms

Spoiler
  • Atari 2600
  • Atari 5200
  • Atari 7800
  • ColecoVision
  • Mattel Intellivision
  • NEC TurboGrafx-16
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Nintendo ENtertainment System
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Nintendo 64
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo GameCube
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Nintendo Wii U
  • Nintendo Game Boy
  • Nintendo Game Boy Color
  • Nintendo Virtual Boy
  • Nintendo Game Boy Advance
  • Sega Master System
  • Sega Mark III
  • Sega Genesis
  • Sega Mega Drive
  • Sega 32X
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Sega CD
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • SNK Neo Geo AES
  • Sony PlayStation
  • Sony PlayStation 2
  • Arcade
  • Atari Jaguar
  • Atari Lynx
  • NEC PC Engine
  • Nintendo Famicom
  • Nintendo Famicom Disk System
  • Nintendo Pokemon Mini
  • SNK Neo Geo CD
  • Sony PSP
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Microsoft Xbox
  • Windows
  • SNK Neo Geo Pocket
  • SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
  • WonderSwan
  • WonderSwan Color
  • GCE Vectrex
  • 3DO Interactive Multiplayer

Thanks

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

@faeran  Is there an easy way for me to make a copy of SNES theme and use it for another system? I have SNES MSU1 as a platform. It looks like I can easily edit the background .png to add an MSU1 logo. Just not sure if it is as simple as making a copy of the SNES Cover theme and rename it to like SNES MSU1 Cover and edit the .png to get it to work as I want. 

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@faeran  Is there an easy way for me to make a copy of SNES theme and use it for another system? I have SNES MSU1 as a platform. It looks like I can easily edit the background .png to add an MSU1 logo. Just not sure if it is as simple as making a copy of the SNES Cover theme and rename it to like SNES MSU1 Cover and edit the .png to get it to work as I want. 

@Retro808 It should be that easy. Make another copy of the CoverBox - SNES folder, call it whatever you what, like CoverBox - SNES MSU1. Then just edit the image with the MSU1 logo that is located inside of that folder. You should be good to go.

@faeran I did try that and it keeps the original image. I copied and named exactly as you listed. Edited the .png in the new SNES MSU1 theme. In BigBox it sees CoverBox - SNES MSU1 and I can choose it and it runs, but it shows the original background .png. What is odd is if I remove the CoverBox - SNES (not the SNES MSU1 I made) theme completely when I open BigBox the CoverBox - SNES MSU1 theme works but it has no background image. So it is as if the new theme is searching for the original theme folder to find the background image. 

Edited by Retro808

@Retro808 You are right, there is one more step to this.

You will need to go into CoverBox - SNES MSU1\Views\ and open the TextGamesView.xaml file in a text editor.

Use the find and replace feature of the text editor to replace any instance of CoverBox - SNES with CoverBox - SNES MSU1

There should only be 2.

• Like 2