LaunchBox Community Forums

Posted (edited)

Hi, first I would like to thank you for this amazing theme, now I'll ask for this specific themes now that these emulators are getting better, an now that big box is my main front end for all my games including pc, 

-turbo grafx cd

-Nintendo super Famicom 

-Nintendo switch 

-Sony Playstation 3

-Microsoft Xbox 360

-windows pc games

I know that you're working on 2 new platform themes but please make these so I can see my game collection great I know that I'm asking too much

Thanks! 

Edited by DragoonDemon4

Posted (edited)

Is there a way to use Coverbox for all platforms except Arcade?

Also what platform videos do you guys use along with CoverBox?

Edited by pofo14

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, pofo14 said:

Is there a way to use Coverbox for all platforms except Arcade?

Also what platform videos do you guys use along with CoverBox?

I am not right at my system right now but yes you can set a different theme for each platform as well as the main menu. You can set a button in the settings to change theme and change view and these changes are made independently instead of changing the entire theme. Just go inside the platform you would like and hit one of the buttons you set to either change view or change the theme for that platform entirely. My current setup by memory is 

main menu > BannerBox

Platforms except arcade > Coverbox

Arcade > Unified Redux

Edited by slickrickstyles

11 minutes ago, slickrickstyles said:

I am not right at my system right now but yes you can set a different theme for each platform as well as the main menu. You can set a button in the settings to change theme and change view and these changes are made independently instead of changing the entire theme. Just go inside the platform you would like and hit one of the buttons you set to either change view or change the theme for that platform entirely. My current setup by memory is 

main menu > BannerBox

Platforms except arcade > Coverbox

Arcade > Unified Redux

Thanks - that worked.  I knew I was missing something simple - had to set a key to change the theme.

1 minute ago, pofo14 said:

Thanks - that worked.  I knew I was missing something simple - had to set a key to change the theme.

no problem! Party on dude lol 

Hi, I just wanted to say your themes and ideas are absolutely amazing, and you have one feature that has really caught my eye and that is the logo load screen when you pick a console. Is there by chance any way I could take that feature and put it in to other themes? This is for personal use only and I wish that was a main feature of big box itself. Any advice or help would be greatly apreciated 

6 hours ago, RedHoodRobin64 said:

Hi, I just wanted to say your themes and ideas are absolutely amazing, and you have one feature that has really caught my eye and that is the logo load screen when you pick a console. Is there by chance any way I could take that feature and put it in to other themes? This is for personal use only and I wish that was a main feature of big box itself. Any advice or help would be greatly apreciated 

Thanks @RedHoodRobin64. Sure, go ahead.

It's a big complicated if you don't know XAML, as it's just elements with startup animation to them.

Thank you, Ya im not sure how to go about that but id love to learn. Il look into it. It just really cleans up the transitions and as much as I love your theme, id love to experiment and have that load screen on other themes. Thank you again for your time 

Hope feeran can help, i am after creating some of th older computer based systems for my setup but im at  a loss with the xml files

i was trying zx spectrum but was unable to change the font (first job)

i was basing the layout on the gamecube layout so left hand side list, but with a zx spectrum type font maybe in red and around 30 pixels from the left

the background image would be based on the old style zx spectrum boxes.

any help much apreciated

**edit** maybe a c64 version based on clowns style box

zx spectrum.png

c644.png

Edited by billyc999

6 hours ago, billyc999 said:

Hope feeran can help, i am after creating some of th older computer based systems for my setup but im at  a loss with the xml files

i was trying zx spectrum but was unable to change the font (first job)

i was basing the layout on the gamecube layout so left hand side list, but with a zx spectrum type font maybe in red and around 30 pixels from the left

the background image would be based on the old style zx spectrum boxes.

any help much apreciated

**edit** maybe a c64 version based on clowns style box

zx spectrum.png

c644.png

These look really cool. If you want to send me the backgrounds, I can work with you to add them to the theme.

Probably best to do this within a PM.

Do you want them as psd files instead, then you can arrange the layouts a little better, these where just rough mock ups

another alternative c64 based on Lassiveran's reconstructed box, which i think looks alot more clean

amstrad cpc, weired one,couldnt find any standard box usually made by computer/console creator

c644.png

464.png

Edited by billyc999