LaunchBox Community Forums

implementing bulk edit emulators for subroms

neogetter

Good morning all

i'm actually at 90.000 games, and lot of times i need to try some new emulators and put it as default.

I import the roms and secondary roms as one game, using "play version..." that is a fantastic way.

But when i try to delete an emulator or put another one as default, i choice all the roms in list and use bulk edit emulators, this works only for the first rom of every game but not for the subroms. When i try to open the subroms i receive the message "the default emulator does not exist anymore". I noticed that the sub roms are inserted as "additional app" and when i go into the menu "emulator" , i notice that the option "use emulator" is choiced , but with an empty space on which emulator you want to use. Now , in my case are tons of roms and choice the emulator for each subrom is impossible. Reimporting too is very hard in my case , i need 30 minutes, 1 hour or 2 hour , depends of the platform. i have an I5-3570k but i think the problem is that i have lot of games. 

is that possible to fix or implement the bulk edit for the subroms? it's a very important implement for me ^^

thanks as always for the support

p.s 90.000 games...not counting the subroms...lol...probably with the subroms i arrive to 250.000 ^^

• Like 1

This is definitely an area that needs to be improved as this is an issue. Your best bet is reimporting the ROMs and that actually shouldn't take that long if you don't download any media for them. All of your previous media should still be in their appropriate folders even after deleting them (as long as you don't run the clean up tool in between deleting and reimporting) Yes I know this is far from optimal and it is something that @Jason Carr needs to improve in the future.

Hi dear

i already followed the suggestion, every time i try to reimport i disable every media download, but the time i need is the time i said...probably is the number of games that needs lot of time to reimport anyway without medias... the program is overloaded with 90.000 games (or 250.000 with subroms)...

for 5000 roms i take 30-45 minutes

Edited by neogetter