LaunchBox Community Forums

8.0-beta-4 Released

NJDave71

Started getting this but report a few days ago. I can close the report and BigBox keeps running, but after a few more hours of it running the bug pops up again and I can repeat the process. I had a similar scenario happen on beta 7 but the error was different. It does not crash BigBox it just shows up and I can close it.  

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     Big Box
Version: 8.0-beta-8
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void CleanUpRequestedStreamsList()
Source:  WindowsBase

at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.CleanUpRequestedStreamsList()
   at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at System.Windows.Application.GetResourceStream(Uri uriResource)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.SwissArmyTools.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<LoadImageAsyncForNamedResource>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.SwissArmyTools.<LoadImageAsyncForNamedResource>d__16.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.SwissArmyTools.<SetImageSourceAsyncForNamedResource>d__23.MoveNext()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

12:53:59 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:53:59 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:54:59 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:54:59 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:54:59 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:54:59 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:55:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:55:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:55:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:55:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:56:06 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:56:11 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:56:11 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:57:15 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:57:15 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:57:16 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:57:16 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:57:16 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:57:16 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:58:20 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:58:20 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:58:21 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:58:21 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:58:21 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:58:21 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:59:29 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:59:29 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:59:29 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:59:29 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:59:29 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:59:29 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   1:00:33 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   1:00:33 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   1:00:34 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   1:00:34 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   1:00:34 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   1:00:34 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   1:01:36 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   1:01:37 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   1:01:37 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   1:01:37 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   1:01:37 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   1:01:37 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   1:02:43 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   1:02:43 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   1:02:43 PM Exception

Just now, Retro808 said:

@neil9000 Thanks. I knew I saw it posted before. I looked but just did not go back enough pages in the original beta thread. I use Critical Zone 2 as well.  I can always count on you to come through in a pinch with help.

I believe that it is @eatkinola's plugin, it hasn't happened again since I originally reported it, so I forgot about it, but that's two reports now, so not just a weird issue on my system. So ill tag him and @CriticalCid here to make them aware.

17 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I believe that it is @eatkinola's plugin, it hasn't happened again since I originally reported it, so I forgot about it, but that's two reports now, so not just a weird issue on my system. So ill tag him and @CriticalCid here to make them aware.

Thanks @neil9000 and @Retro808. Are there steps you can take to provoke this error? If so, it'll make it easier for me to test a fix. Since the exception does not cause a crash, I can probably just catch it so it doesn't pop up on the screen.

1 hour ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks @neil9000 and @Retro808. Are there steps you can take to provoke this error? If so, it'll make it easier for me to test a fix. Since the exception does not cause a crash, I can probably just catch it so it doesn't pop up on the screen.

I actually hit this again last night after I posted. I had attract mode running for about 10 minutes when I hit it, I closed out the error and attract mode continued, this time for only a couple of minutes before getting the error again, at which point I shut Bigbox and went to bed. I am using WMP as my video engine in the theme if that's of any help.

14 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I actually hit this again last night after I posted. I had attract mode running for about 10 minutes when I hit it, I closed out the error and attract mode continued, this time for only a couple of minutes before getting the error again, at which point I shut Bigbox and went to bed. I am using WMP as my video engine in the theme if that's of any help.

@eatkinola Similar to Neil mine occurs when my cabinet has been left running. The times that the error occurs is sporadic it seems. Sometimes it happens 10-15 minutes laters. Other times not for an hour or so. I use multiple themes so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I think I saw some posts about the different versions of plug-ins in different themes. Right now I have Nostaliga, Critical Blue, and Aeon MQ7 on different platforms. Since Neil mentioned the video player it should be noted I was using VLC and this occurred. 

Edit: Just an example I was gone for about 1.5 hours from the house and the cabinet still has not kicked the error. For my at least it seems very sporadic. 

Edited by Retro808

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah I was just using Critical Zone 2 blue video background version, i wasn't using any different themes for any platforms at all.

Interesting. So, it appears not to be solely related to per platform themes or to a particular video player. I guess I can convert everything to one theme and use something other than Critical Zone and see if it occurs in that set-up on my machine.