Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Setting up Pinball FX3 to launch directly into tables


HapHzrd
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, sundogak said:

@Valkie71

Would double check settings as noted in the two screen snaps since have no issues.  Double check pointing to the Steam executable and not the PinballFX3 executable.  Also cut/paste in the code under the Default Command Line:


-applaunch 442120 -table_

image.thumb.png.ecb73ac999556a4ea732388de054538d.png

image.thumb.png.8bd6e93fdf95283a1845f5c4665bf69f.png

Yes, that was indeed the mistake I made! Thanks for the post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

IS this still working for everyone? I just got my activation code from Zen and it's not working for me from launchbox. I've set it up exactly as outlined here.

Thanks.

 

UPDATE: Nevermind, I figured it out. It only works if you've purchased the table, doesn't work for trial tables. Duh.

Edited by mrl72
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

@KrazygIf you have the cabinet code then it will launch directly into that table if setup in LB correctly.  Screen snap your setup for the emulator and one table, so it will easier to spot issues.  The main thing is to double check the entries like noted in above post (particularly that underscore in the table launch command, best to copy paste that in). You also need to be pointing LB the PXP files which are not always obviously named. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you and everyone that has reached out and help. I emailed them for the code so i'll will have to wait and see. Since i have you here I'm checking out your Pinball Fx3 media pack and currently trying to set that up and notice you have a xml download folder where do i put that file in launchbox?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, if you haven't activated the cabinet code from them none of the above will work.  As to the XML those go in the LB platforms directory:

...LaunchBox\Data\Platforms

I would make a backup of your existing Pinball FX3.xml file if you have one in case you decide to use the one you had instead.  The XML is optional and you can use the media without it but has all the metadata I could find and links to the PXP files.  Note the XML attached below has paths to default Steam FX3 directory in C: drive. I realized the one I attached in the media pack was pointing to my Steam folder on my D: drive which wouldn't work for most folks. 

Pinball FX3.zip

 

Edited by sundogak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 6/6/2018 at 5:18 PM, Jay1984 said:

i used this but altered it to "Pinballfx3.exe -applaunch 442120 -table_File "

this worked for the microsoft store version. (with cabinet code)

many thanks

 

Just curious how did you enter or get a cabinet code for the microsoft store version? Zen said only the steam version has the cabinet code feature.  i tried using the microsoft app , not only doesn't it have the options anywhere listed in the app, i emailed them, which is why i had to switch over to the steam version and then got the cabinet code

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jtravapd said:

 

Just curious how did you enter or get a cabinet code for the microsoft store version? Zen said only the steam version has the cabinet code feature.  i tried using the microsoft app , not only doesn't it have the options anywhere listed in the app, i emailed them, which is why i had to switch over to the steam version and then got the cabinet code

a lot has changed in 3 years. I don't think this has worked for a while now.

I don't use that software anymore as the cabinet I use now is an arcade (15khz) CRT and not pinball cab. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Does the same exact process described in the original post here for how to Launch individual tables with FX3 still work with the latest Launchbox version? 

Is there no way to do this without pointing to a steam local install? It breaks the portability aspect of my collection...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, cleverest said:

Does the same exact process described in the original post here for how to Launch individual tables with FX3 still work with the latest Launchbox version? 

Is there no way to do this without pointing to a steam local install? It breaks the portability aspect of my collection...

Yes, I have 12.1 and works.  No, if have Steam install then has to point to Steam folder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pinball FX3 isn't a portable app at all and only the Steam version (with cabinet code) supports direct to table launch. If the relative path is the same between both machines you can still transfer seamlessly, but if it isn't then you will need to repoint the table files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Pinball FX3 isn't a portable app at all and only the Steam version (with cabinet code) supports direct to table launch. If the relative path is the same between both machines you can still transfer seamlessly, but if it isn't then you will need to repoint the table files.

I don't have an original paid/Steam instance of FX3 unfortunately, so I don't think this is even an option for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cleverest said:

I don't have an original paid/Steam instance of FX3

If you're talking about getting a cabinet code for it, you don't need to have purchased FX3.  Just send the request for a cab code and a pict of where you might play it.  Be it your cab or your desktop PC.  I don't have a paid instance of FX3 and was able to get the code and can now launch directly into the ONE free table. (maybe they offered a 2nd one (or two) also?  It been a while)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...