Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lahma said:

I wasn't aware that a new LB update was out but even so, there should be little chance that a LB update would break the plugin. From what you've said though, it sounds like that may be the case. I will look into the problem right now, and I will try to post a new beta build of the plugin in this thread shortly. Also, thank you @hadrex83 for the report about the crash occurring when there is no 'config.xml' file in the SteamLauncher directory. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as the plugin would just generate a new default 'config.xml' file but there was a small bug that was causing the debug logging to try to access a config value before the new default config had been generated. I got that bug fixed already and I'm looking into the new LB update right now.

The early 11.3 betas broke all plugins, that has been mostly fixed, but there are a few still having issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lahma said:

I wasn't aware that a new LB update was out but even so, there should be little chance that a LB update would break the plugin. From what you've said though, it sounds like that may be the case. I will look into the problem right now, and I will try to post a new beta build of the plugin in this thread shortly. Also, thank you @hadrex83 for the report about the crash occurring when there is no 'config.xml' file in the SteamLauncher directory. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as the plugin would just generate a new default 'config.xml' file but there was a small bug that was causing the debug logging to try to access a config value before the new default config had been generated. I got that bug fixed already and I'm looking into the new LB update right now.

Thank you for your hard work making an invaluable plugin. I have 1167 PC games in my collection with varying degrees of controller support or no controller support this plugin is a godsend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, neil9000 said:

The early 11.3 betas broke all plugins, that has been mostly fixed, but there are a few still having issues.

Ah.. Good to know. No wonder I didn't know an update was available.. I didn't know @hadrex83 was referring to beta updates. I have never opted into beta updates or really even paid much attention to them. You said most of the problems with plugins have been fixed.. do you mean in a newly released beta or have those fixes not been published yet? If there is a new beta that fixes the issues with plugins, could you give me a URL where I can download it to test it out or do I have to update directly from within LB? I appreciate you popping into the thread and clearing up some of the confusion for us @neil9000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lahma said:

Ah.. Good to know. No wonder I didn't know an update was available.. I didn't know @hadrex83 was referring to beta updates. I have never opted into beta updates or really even paid much attention to them. You said most of the problems with plugins have been fixed.. do you mean in a newly released beta or have those fixes not been published yet? If there is a new beta that fixes the issues with plugins, could you give me a URL where I can download it to test it out or do I have to update directly from within LB? I appreciate you popping into the thread and clearing up some of the confusion for us @neil9000.

11.3 official was released and then pulled originally, so some people updated to it while it was briefly out. The revised 11.3 is either out now, or due out very soon, i cant really tell as i was one of the people who updated when it was originally pushed out, so there is nothing for me to update to.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lahma said:

could you give me a URL where I can download it to test it out or do I have to update directly from within LB?

In Launchbox go to tools/options/updates, turn betas on then either restart or go to hamburger menu/help/check for updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

11.3 official was released and then pulled originally, so some people updated to it while it was briefly out. The revised 11.3 is either out now, or due out very soon, i cant really tell as i was one of the people who updated when it was originally pushed out, so there is nothing for me to update to.

I must have gotten the 11.3 official that was out briefly since I'm not opted into beta builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hadrex83 said:

Thank you for your hard work making an invaluable plugin. I have 1167 PC games in my collection with varying degrees of controller support or no controller support this plugin is a godsend.

You're very welcome and I appreciate you saying thank you. I am of the opinion that the Steam controller configuration feature/overlay is of immeasurable value and that there is simply no alternative that offers even a fraction of its utility. Whether one is using a Steam controller or just a normal xinput/dinput controller, the level of customization possible is simply astounding.

I developed this plugin as a means of making it easier and more convenient to utilize Valve's brilliant utility and even if I was the only person using my plugin, I would continue to develop it for my sake alone as I legitimately value Steam's controller configuration functionality that much. The fact that others find it useful too is an awesome bonus and a great incentive to write cleaner, better code so that others might also make use of it if desired. Plus, it always feels great to hear someone say that they find your app/plugin/code useful... Makes it all feel more worthwhile.

I really wish I'd have had  more time over the last year to keep the plugin/documentation/Github up-to-date but unfortunately that hasn't been the case. I know I've been saying for awhile now that the 1.0 release is incoming, but I really am very close now to having it complete. Once I'm finished with that, I'm going to completely revamp the plugin download page, its documentation, and my Github. I really appreciate everyone being patient!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

11.3 official was released and then pulled originally, so some people updated to it while it was briefly out. The revised 11.3 is either out now, or due out very soon, i cant really tell as i was one of the people who updated when it was originally pushed out, so there is nothing for me to update to.

Ah, that clears up a lot of confusion... Thanks for the info. I think I will just wait till LB notifies me that the 11.3 (non beta) update is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just got 11.4 update and I still get the this error

Quote

 ---------------------------
LaunchBox
---------------------------
The file you've specified for the emulator application path was not found.
---------------------------
OK   
---------------------------

 

Edited by Nokiaman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If the new LB update did break the plugin, I will look into it as quickly as I can. I'm in the middle of trying to leave town but when I get to where I'm going, I will try to push out an update. If by chance you got the bad 11.3 update that broke all plugins, its possible that SteamLauncher could have poisoned one of your emulator paths. You might just double check to make sure your emulator paths are correct and then try the plugin again. I doubt that is the problem, but it's worth a try. As if keeping up with Steam updates breaking the plugin wasn't enough... now it appears I get the added fun of dealing with LB updates breaking it too :)

Edited by Lahma
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the process of fixing the plugin (since the last LB update broke things). Hold tight and I'll post a beta in the thread soon.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, I got the plugin fixed. Give me just a bit to compile a build and post it here.

Edit: Turns out I'm running into another problem now... This change to .NET Core in the 11.3 update has really wrecked a whole host of things in the plugin.. I'm working to get y'all a build as quickly as I can. I'm a bit frustrated at the moment, but I'll keep updating my progress here... If I can get something pushed out tonight I will.

Edited by Lahma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can follow my discussion with @Jason Carr in this thread if you would like. I'm trying to get these problems with LaunchBox fixed...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can work around these problems by investing many, many more hours of time if I really have to, but I was really hoping that wasn't going to be required... It is looking like it might be though.. I WILL get a working version of the plugin out to y'all regardless. I am genuinely sorry it is taking so long.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for liking my post in my dialog with Jason @The_Keeper86. Anyone else who is waiting for the plugin to be fixed and would like to encourage a fix for the problems caused in the recent LB update, it would probably be helpful if you follow The_Keeper86's lead. The thread is here:

Regardless of the outcome of that dialog however, I am working on a fix on my end that hopefully won't depend upon the action of the LB devs. It is a bit ridiculous though that I have to manually patch the .NET Core CLR during runtime, dynamically patching LB code on-the-fly, just to allow debugging of my own plugin.. 😒

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big thank you for continuing to work on this. I know it's a major time investment for you but it's hands down the best plugin for LB. I and many others remain grateful 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright... I finally got the plugin working again after sorting through a large number of issues caused by the recent LB updates. I went ahead and just converted it over to .NET Core since that is the direction that LB is going in now. I'm going to clean up a few more things and I'll try to post an alpha build here in the thread sometime later today. This whole fiasco definitely threw off my plans for the 1.0 build, but I'm still hoping to get that pushed out soon since I've now worked through all of these new issues. After that, perhaps I can look into Linux support... Anyone tried LB through Wine on Linux yet?

P.S. I really appreciate all of you guys' patience. It really bothers me to have the plugin not working for such a long period of time but this whole change over to .NET Core really came out of left field.

Edited by Lahma
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LahmaThanks for fixing it. Really looking forward to using it again! I've played around with LB in Linux a few times but there is an issue with it not launching anything atm at least me and a few other users can't figure it out. Besides that though it runs fine it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...