Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

Here is the alpha guys. Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.

Edit: File has changed since I originally posted this. The .rar file now includes 'SteamLauncherProxy.exe'.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10mZ3pz3jIwTp8TY8pJMs8MSZvpqWnnD0/view?usp=sharing

Note: I've just about finished the settings gui. The one thing that hasn't been finished is that the description box contains static data and will not update based on what your mouse is hovering over. Right now when you hover over an element, you'll see a mouseover popup with the description of the setting. The plan is to disable that and to instead display the description of the setting in the description textbox instead of in a mouseover popup.

Edited by Lahma
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JedExodus said:

Seems to be working a treat. You're a hero . Love the new settings menu 

Thanks! I can't decide if the dark theme of the settings window is a little too much... Without using any external libraries, doing a dark window theme like that is actually surprisingly hard in WPF. Looks a bit amateurish but then again, I've always been terrible at GUIs...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Lahma said:

Thanks! I can't decide if the dark theme of the settings window is a little too much... Without using any external libraries, doing a dark window theme like that is actually surprisingly hard in WPF. Looks a bit amateurish but then again, I've always been terrible at GUIs...

This is a bit cheeky I know. But is there any possibility of adding a setting to enable/disable SteamLauncher by Platform or Platform Category. I have one or two troublesome emulators that don't play nice with it (Cemu in Vulkan mode  gives weird graphical artiefacts with it on or my Dolphin setup for Wii which I use a .bat to open so that it launches Touchmote and kills it on exit)

It's no biggie like and obviously very thankful that you for all your hard work, that would be on my wishlist to make the add-on perfect for my use case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JedExodus said:

This is a bit cheeky I know. But is there any possibility of adding a setting to enable/disable SteamLauncher by Platform or Platform Category. I have one or two troublesome emulators that don't play nice with it (Cemu in Vulkan mode  gives weird graphical artiefacts with it on or my Dolphin setup for Wii which I use a .bat to open so that it launches Touchmote and kills it on exit)

It's no biggie like and obviously very thankful that you for all your hard work, that would be on my wishlist to make the add-on perfect for my use case.

I can definitely implement this. Would you prefer to disable SteamLauncher by platform or by a specific emulator?

Cemu in Vulkan mode: You're saying you see graphical artifacts whenever Cemu is launched through Steam (with the Steam overlay)? Does this happen on any other Vulkan games/emulators?

Dolphin/Touchmote Bat File: With your Dolphin setup, your .bat file launches TouchMote, then launches Dolphin, and then closes TouchMote whenever Dolphin exits? If so, I can walk you through making this work with SteamLauncher. There are a couple of ways to go about it, but the simplest is probably to use "Bat to Exe Converter" to convert your batch file into an exe. As long as your batch file doesn't close/exit/end until Dolphin closes/exits, you can set this exe as a custom emulator in LB (i.e. "Dolphin [TouchMote]") and it should work with the plugin. Since the plugin will make Steam launch the exe (that was converted from a .bat), any processes that the exe/bat file start will be a child process which Steam will be able to inject its overlay into.. and as long as the bat/exe is written in such a way that it won't end/exit until Dolphin exits, the plugin will be able to manage the process just like any other. If you'd like me to walk you through getting this setup, let me know. I'd be happy to help (Steam messaging would be best). The only setting I would recommend in "Bat to Exe Converter" is setting "Visibility" to "Invisible application" so you don't have a pointless console window show up in your taskbar. You can even add the Dolphin icon to the exe file to make it look like its just an alternative Dolphin launcher file or something.

image.thumb.png.56e71328c4200be7d173b84b56928341.png

  • Game On 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lahma said:

I can definitely implement this. Would you prefer to disable SteamLauncher by platform or by a specific emulator?

Cemu in Vulkan mode: You're saying you see graphical artifacts whenever Cemu is launched through Steam (with the Steam overlay)? Does this happen on any other Vulkan games/emulators?

Dolphin/Touchmote Bat File: With your Dolphin setup, your .bat file launches TouchMote, then launches Dolphin, and then closes TouchMote whenever Dolphin exits? If so, I can walk you through making this work with SteamLauncher. There are a couple of ways to go about it, but the simplest is probably to use "Bat to Exe Converter" to convert your batch file into an exe. As long as your batch file doesn't close/exit/end until Dolphin closes/exits, you can set this exe as a custom emulator in LB (i.e. "Dolphin [TouchMote]") and it should work with the plugin. Since the plugin will make Steam launch the exe (that was converted from a .bat), any processes that the exe/bat file start will be a child process which Steam will be able to inject its overlay into.. and as long as the bat/exe is written in such a way that it won't end/exit until Dolphin exits, the plugin will be able to manage the process just like any other. If you'd like me to walk you through getting this setup, let me know. I'd be happy to help (Steam messaging would be best). The only setting I would recommend in "Bat to Exe Converter" is setting "Visibility" to "Invisible application" so you don't have a pointless console window show up in your taskbar. You can even add the Dolphin icon to the exe file to make it look like its just an alternative Dolphin launcher file or something.

image.thumb.png.56e71328c4200be7d173b84b56928341.png

On Cemu: Yeah, this happens when I launch Cemu directly through Steam as well. I'm making use of some Vulkan 1.2 features in it that are very useful. The issue seems to have nothing to do with Steamlauncher and moreso Cemu or Vulkan 1.2. Plugin/Steam overlay works flawlessly with other Vulkan emulators I use so can only guess what the issue is here.

On the .bat: Cool i'll give that a go. I got it the wrong way around, I kill touchmote on launch with the .bat,. It's other main focus is to scan the Dolphin log for a string that only appears when you try to go into the Wii main menu, at this point it kills Dolphin, deletes the log (otherwise it would become gigantic) restores focus to LB/BB and reactivates Touchmote. The idea being if i turn on my HTPC to play a Wii game I can do everything on the Wii remote and not have to juggle between controllers to navigate menus or close emulators  or shut the computer down (It's really neat trust me!)

Thank you for considering disabling the launcher by Catergory/Emulator. With the way my LB setup is organised either by Emulator or platform catergory would work, I have different emulators for different case uses (Gamecube - Dolphin, Wii - Dolphin, Mame, Lightgun - Mame)  it's one of those things where the best option isn't apparent until someone stumbles across an issue I guess.

After a decent bit of testing I can confirm it's working a charm for me so far, Cemu and my .bat were already existing issues for me beforehand. Hopefully there's no more major roadblocks that cause you to have to burn the midnight oil just to get the thing functioning again

 

Cheers

Jed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JedExodus said:

On Cemu: Yeah, this happens when I launch Cemu directly through Steam as well. I'm making use of some Vulkan 1.2 features in it that are very useful. The issue seems to have nothing to do with Steamlauncher and moreso Cemu or Vulkan 1.2. Plugin/Steam overlay works flawlessly with other Vulkan emulators I use so can only guess what the issue is here.

On the .bat: Cool i'll give that a go. I got it the wrong way around, I kill touchmote on launch with the .bat,. It's other main focus is to scan the Dolphin log for a string that only appears when you try to go into the Wii main menu, at this point it kills Dolphin, deletes the log (otherwise it would become gigantic) restores focus to LB/BB and reactivates Touchmote. The idea being if i turn on my HTPC to play a Wii game I can do everything on the Wii remote and not have to juggle between controllers to navigate menus or close emulators  or shut the computer down (It's really neat trust me!)

Thank you for considering disabling the launcher by Catergory/Emulator. With the way my LB setup is organised either by Emulator or platform catergory would work, I have different emulators for different case uses (Gamecube - Dolphin, Wii - Dolphin, Mame, Lightgun - Mame)  it's one of those things where the best option isn't apparent until someone stumbles across an issue I guess.

After a decent bit of testing I can confirm it's working a charm for me so far, Cemu and my .bat were already existing issues for me beforehand. Hopefully there's no more major roadblocks that cause you to have to burn the midnight oil just to get the thing functioning again

 

Cheers

Jed

Hey @JedExodus. Ya, sorry, I didn't really know what was TouchMote was but that actually sounds really cool. That is a clever way you have come up with for using your WiiMote to exit Dolphin. Don't think I would have ever thought of that one. So, let me see if I got this straight: your batch file kills touchmote, starts Dolphin using something like 'start "" Dolphin.exe' (batch script doesn't wait for Dolphin to exit before continuing), uses a for loop or something similar with a 'timeout' to periodically sleep the script in between checking that log for the appropriate line, and then when it finds that line it uses taskkill or something similar to kill Dolphin.exe, deletes the log file, and restarts touchmote? If that is the way it works, you shouldn't need to change anything in the batch script for it to work properly with SteamLauncher after converting it to an exe with 'Bat to Exe Converter'.

I attached 'Bat to Exe Converter' to this post just in case it is hard to find or something (doubt it). I also include 'BatchIconExtractor.exe' in that same archive. If you drag/drop 'Dolphin.exe' on top of this executable, it will extract the Dolphin ICO (icon) file from it, and you can set this .ico file as your exe's icon inside of 'Bat to Exe Converter'. Just go to the 'Version information' tab and point 'Icon file' to that .ico file you just obtained. Then, just set 'Visibility' to 'Invisible application' under the 'Options' tab and leave everything else at their default settings. (Edit: Oh.. forgot one more thing.. if you use a relative path in your batch file (ex: 'Dolphin.exe' instead of 'C:\emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe') then, as long as you place the exe (converted batch file) next to Dolphin.exe, it will continue to work even if the path of your Dolphin directory/executable ever changes in the future.)

Glad to hear everything else appears to be working well with SteamLauncher. On the per-emulator/platform disable feature, what do you think about this idea: under the settings gui, I can put a few more fields (1 for platform names, 1 for emulator names, and maybe 1 for filename/path/exe names) that would allow you to define multiple terms (strings) that if present, would tell SteamLauncher to ignore those emulators/platforms/games and not intercept their launch.

For example, in the platform names field, say 1 of the terms you entered was 'Sony'. Whenever SteamLauncher detects a game launch in which the platform name contains the term 'Sony', it will disable itself and not intercept that game launch. Same thing with the filename field: say you entered the terms 'retroarch', 'doom.exe', '*mario*.z64', and 'sl-ignore' in that field. Any game/emulator/rom launched that has any of those terms anywhere within the game's/emulator's/rom's path would be ignored by SteamLauncher and treated as if SteamLauncher was entirely disabled. The '*mario*.z64' example was meant to demonstrate that I can include wildcard support.. in this case, it would ignore any .z64 roms (N64) that include the word 'mario' anywhere within the filename.

Let me know if you think this would work ok and if it would resolve your request in a sufficient manner.

Bat_To_Exe_Converter_v2.4.3.rar

Edited by Lahma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lahma said:

Hey @JedExodus. Ya, sorry, I didn't really know what was TouchMote was but that actually sounds really cool. That is a clever way you have come up with for using your WiiMote to exit Dolphin. Don't think I would have ever thought of that one. So, let me see if I got this straight: your batch file kills touchmote, starts Dolphin using something like 'start "" Dolphin.exe' (batch script doesn't wait for Dolphin to exit before continuing), uses a for loop or something similar with a 'timeout' to periodically sleep the script in between checking that log for the appropriate line, and then when it finds that line it uses taskkill or something similar to kill Dolphin.exe, deletes the log file, and restarts touchmote? If that is the way it works, you shouldn't need to change anything in the batch script for it to work properly with SteamLauncher after converting it to an exe with 'Bat to Exe Converter'.

I attached 'Bat to Exe Converter' to this post just in case it is hard to find or something (doubt it). I also include 'BatchIconExtractor.exe' in that same archive. If you drag/drop 'Dolphin.exe' on top of this executable, it will extract the Dolphin ICO (icon) file from it, and you can set this .ico file as your exe's icon inside of 'Bat to Exe Converter'. Just go to the 'Version information' tab and point 'Icon file' to that .ico file you just obtained. Then, just set 'Visibility' to 'Invisible application' under the 'Options' tab and leave everything else at their default settings. (Edit: Oh.. forgot one more thing.. if you use a relative path in your batch file (ex: 'Dolphin.exe' instead of 'C:\emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe') then, as long as you place the exe (converted batch file) next to Dolphin.exe, it will continue to work even if the path of your Dolphin directory/executable ever changes in the future.)

Glad to hear everything else appears to be working well with SteamLauncher. On the per-emulator/platform disable feature, what do you think about this idea: under the settings gui, I can put a few more fields (1 for platform names, 1 for emulator names, and maybe 1 for filename/path/exe names) that would allow you to define multiple terms (strings) that if present, would tell SteamLauncher to ignore those emulators/platforms/games and not intercept their launch.

For example, in the platform names field, say 1 of the terms you entered was 'Sony'. Whenever SteamLauncher detects a game launch in which the platform name contains the term 'Sony', it will disable itself and not intercept that game launch. Same thing with the filename field: say you entered the terms 'retroarch', 'doom.exe', '*mario*.z64', and 'sl-ignore' in that field. Any game/emulator/rom launched that has any of those terms anywhere within the game's/emulator's/rom's path would be ignored by SteamLauncher and treated as if SteamLauncher was entirely disabled. The '*mario*.z64' example was meant to demonstrate that I can include wildcard support.. in this case, it would ignore any .z64 roms (N64) that include the word 'mario' anywhere within the filename.

Let me know if you think this would work ok and if it would resolve your request in a sufficient manner.

Bat_To_Exe_Converter_v2.4.3.rar 2.02 MB · 0 downloads

Yes dude. That sounds perfect thank you so much!  Would give myself and others enough options that for any circumstance that I can think of. 

I keep meaning to post the batch file with the close dolphin with wii remote function up here as someone apart from me will surely find it useful. As a professional it would probably make your toes curl and your eyes bleed, but it works for me anyways!

Will get on the batch - exe over the weekend at some point. I've got a fence to paint and a car to service before I get near my computer

Edited by JedExodus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. A noob here with Steam Client plugin and more or less a noob with LaunchBox.
Mi idea is to use LaunchBox (Big Box) as my any game launcher. Including other platforms other than emulators and Steam games, such as Red Dead Redemption on Rockstar Games Launcher. This way, I could launch any game on Steam and be able to map controls on my Steam Controller ad-hoc.
I could play Red Dead yesterday by launching Steam, from there launch BigBox, which launches Read Dead 2.
Today with Steam Client Plugin can launch any Steam game and emus by launching Big Box (Steam just on background), but there's no use with Read Dead. There's an error indicating that the path to application wasn't found.
Now, I edit the game settings and the path is "Plugins\SteamLauncherProxy.exe" instead of something real. 

Is that OK? Can I achieve my goal or is it something unsuitable or just stupid?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Metrasher said:

Hi there. A noob here with Steam Client plugin and more or less a noob with LaunchBox.
Mi idea is to use LaunchBox (Big Box) as my any game launcher. Including other platforms other than emulators and Steam games, such as Red Dead Redemption on Rockstar Games Launcher. This way, I could launch any game on Steam and be able to map controls on my Steam Controller ad-hoc.
I could play Red Dead yesterday by launching Steam, from there launch BigBox, which launches Read Dead 2.
Today with Steam Client Plugin can launch any Steam game and emus by launching Big Box (Steam just on background), but there's no use with Read Dead. There's an error indicating that the path to application wasn't found.
Now, I edit the game settings and the path is "Plugins\SteamLauncherProxy.exe" instead of something real. 

Is that OK? Can I achieve my goal or is it something unsuitable or just stupid?

Thanks

You need to use this version of the plugin:

Edit: File has changed since I originally posted this. The .rar file now includes 'SteamLauncherProxy.exe'.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10mZ3pz3jIwTp8TY8pJMs8MSZvpqWnnD0/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Lahma
Added SteamLauncherProxy.exe into the rar file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got LaunchBox and so freaking pumped to see this plugin, I thought I was going to be making stupid shortcuts for days to get my Steam Controller to work properly with everything. So depressed a LB update seemed to break it though D,: Oh well, I can be patient I guess. Anyways:

 

Just tried the latest alpha build, but it seems to just be launching Steam itself, not the app with the Steam overlay (Steam window pops up from the background). I'd assume it's just a fault with the alpha build, but it seems like others are using it just fine. Maybe it was something I did??? 

1. Downloaded/tested latest beta 0.9.3.0, game either didn't launch with an invalid path error or crashed LB depending on if I used the always on option or selected open with steam.

2. Checked the forums, downloaded the latest alpha build. Thought it was a patch, so extracted alpha into 0.9.3.0 directory, tested it, same issue.

3. Deleted plugin, extracted alpha again by itself, tested. That's when it started loading Steam directly.

 

EDIT: After further testing, plugin broke my LaunchBox. Deleted plugin, deleted/re-added games, it's still only launching the Steam app. Going to try deleting/reinstalling LaunchBox with latest alpha build again.

 

EDIT 2: Reinstalled LaunchBox, tested a game to make sure it was working properly. Tried latest alpha build again and had same result: app wouldn't launch/gave me an error while installed, then after deleting plugin only Steam would launch, completely breaking LaunchBox.

Edited by alienhuntinyeti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lahma said:

Thanks man, but that's what I was testing.
I guess something is wrong here, as It modified my Emulator Configuration and changed Retroarch exe path to "D:\Steam\Steam.exe", what made it to not work, of course.
And I checked this after shutting Launchbox down, deleted SteamClient plugin and started LaunchBox again.
Tomorrow I could bring some logs if you want. 

Thanks for your work Lahma

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, alienhuntinyeti said:

Just got LaunchBox and so freaking pumped to see this plugin, I thought I was going to be making stupid shortcuts for days to get my Steam Controller to work properly with everything. So depressed a LB update seemed to break it though D,: Oh well, I can be patient I guess. Anyways:

 

Just tried the latest alpha build, but it seems to just be launching Steam itself, not the app with the Steam overlay (Steam window pops up from the background). I'd assume it's just a fault with the alpha build, but it seems like others are using it just fine. Maybe it was something I did??? 

1. Downloaded/tested latest beta 0.9.3.0, game either didn't launch with an invalid path error or crashed LB depending on if I used the always on option or selected open with steam.

2. Checked the forums, downloaded the latest alpha build. Thought it was a patch, so extracted alpha into 0.9.3.0 directory, tested it, same issue.

3. Deleted plugin, extracted alpha again by itself, tested. That's when it started loading Steam directly.

 

EDIT: After further testing, plugin broke my LaunchBox. Deleted plugin, deleted/re-added games, it's still only launching the Steam app. Going to try deleting/reinstalling LaunchBox with latest alpha build again.

Hey @alienhuntinyeti, without more details it is hard for me to tell you what the problem is, but the latest alpha build I posted in this thread is working fine for everyone that has tested it thus far. In order to diagnose what your problem is, can you msg me directly on Steam? My Steam alias is lahma0. You can click on my alias to open my Steam profile to add me as a friend, or you can copy/paste the following URL into your address bar:
steam://friends/add/76561198237461630

Regardless of what the problem is, you should not need to re-add your games in LB or uninstall/reinstall it. Shoot me a msg on Steam and I will help you out right now if you have the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Metrasher said:

Thanks man, but that's what I was testing.
I guess something is wrong here, as It modified my Emulator Configuration and changed Retroarch exe path to "D:\Steam\Steam.exe", what made it to not work, of course.
And I checked this after shutting Launchbox down, deleted SteamClient plugin and started LaunchBox again.
Tomorrow I could bring some logs if you want. 

Thanks for your work Lahma

 

@Metrasher, are you launching games by right clicking on a game in LB and clicking "Launch via Steam"? If so, that is deprecated and definitely is not how the plugin should be used anymore. It is my fault for not removing that yet, but I have needed to keep it around for specific legacy debugging reasons. In the 1.0 build it will be totally removed. This is the way the plugin is used: first ensure that SteamLauncher is enabled by clicking the 'Tools' menu item in LB, looking at the bottom of the list, and ensuring that it reads, 'Use SteamLauncher (ON)'. If it says '(OFF)', the you need to click that menu item. After that, all you do is run any game normally in LB just as you normally would without the plugin. @alienhuntinyeti, you may also want to read this to ensure that this is the way you are using the plugin. Please let me know if this was the problem for either of you. I promise we'll get the plugin working for both of you. I'll spend as much time as needed to ensure we get you guys setup and running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bout to leave so no time  to help right now, but I can confirm it's the same thing Metrasher was talking about. I KNEW reinstalling launchbox was overkill, but I hadn't messed with it enough to figure out the exact problem.

I tried both methods, using the 'Use Steamlauncher (ON)' toggle first then trying the legacy method after the first one didn't work. I think I have just enough time to retry original method without using legacy method at all and and seeing if it still changes emulation directories.

 

EDIT: After test, can confirm it's the legacy method that completely changes the emulator directory to wherever steam.exe is. The recommended method temporarily changes the emulator path to "Plugins\SteamLauncherProxy.exe" (didn't leave anything out, that's the whole path) and gives the 'file not found' error.

Edited by alienhuntinyeti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alienhuntinyeti said:

Bout to leave so no time  to help right now, but I can confirm it's the same thing Metrasher was talking about. I KNEW reinstalling launchbox was overkill, but I hadn't messed with it enough to figure out the exact problem.

I tried both methods, using the 'Use Steamlauncher (ON)' toggle first then trying the legacy method after the first one didn't work. I think I have just enough time to retry original method without using legacy method at all and and seeing if it still changes emulation directories.

Ensure that your emulator paths are still correct first. Second, Steam must already be running whenever you open LaunchBox. Do not restart Steam while LB is running. Finally, I would recommend deleting all files in the SteamLauncher directory under the 'Plugins' directory and re-extracting the alpha into that directory again (that will reset the config/settings/etc). Also, and this is really important, you must ensure that you do not have 2 copies of the SteamLauncher DLL file anywhere within the LB directory structure. So, say you have 2 versions of SteamLauncher and you rename the old 'SteamLauncher.dll' to 'SteamLauncher.OLD.dll' (or any other name, or simply move it to another directory such as 'SteamLauncher.OLD'), this will cause all sorts of problems because regardless of the filename or the directory it is in (if it is inside of the 'LaunchBox' directory or any of its subdirectories), LB will load both copies of the plugin which will cause mayhem. Finally, restart Steam and once it is loaded, open LaunchBox, ensure that the tools menu says 'Use SteamLauncher (ON)' (if not, click it), double check the path of the game/emulator that you want to test (in LB settings), and then just double click the game. If you're still having problems, you can open the settings window by clicking 'Tools' -> 'SteamLauncher Settings', and then change 'Log Level' to 'Verbose'. This will cause the plugin to output debug information to a file in the SteamLauncher directory named 'debug.log'. If you msg me on Steam, the info in this file will be very helpful in diagnosing the issue (just copy/paste to pastebin.com and send me the link).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lahma said:

Ensure that your emulator paths are still correct first. Second, Steam must already be running whenever you open LaunchBox. Do not restart Steam while LB is running. Finally, I would recommend deleting all files in the SteamLauncher directory under the 'Plugins' directory and re-extracting the alpha into that directory again (that will reset the config/settings/etc). Also, and this is really important, you must ensure that you do not have 2 copies of the SteamLauncher DLL file anywhere within the LB directory structure. So, say you have 2 versions of SteamLauncher and you rename the old 'SteamLauncher.dll' to 'SteamLauncher.OLD.dll' (or any other name, or simply move it to another directory such as 'SteamLauncher.OLD'), this will cause all sorts of problems because regardless of the filename or the directory it is in (if it is inside of the 'LaunchBox' directory or any of its subdirectories), LB will load both copies of the plugin which will cause mayhem. Finally, restart Steam and once it is loaded, open LaunchBox, ensure that the tools menu says 'Use SteamLauncher (ON)' (if not, click it), double check the path of the game/emulator that you want to test (in LB settings), and then just double click the game. If you're still having problems, you can open the settings window by clicking 'Tools' -> 'SteamLauncher Settings', and then change 'Log Level' to 'Verbose'. This will cause the plugin to output debug information to a file in the SteamLauncher directory named 'debug.log'. If you msg me on Steam, the info in this file will be very helpful in diagnosing the issue (just copy/paste to pastebin.com and send me the link).

Done everything listed here. Steam is ALWAYS loaded on my PC since I use the controller as a mouse pretty often. I did mess up and toss the alpha in with the beta as I described in step 2 of my post, but placed it properly after the mess up and reinstalling launchbox to ensure no stray file or config was messing anything up.

 

EDIT: Actually, gimme a minute I think I have time to get the log real quick

Edited by alienhuntinyeti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alienhuntinyeti said:

Done everything listed here. Steam is ALWAYS loaded on my PC since I use the controller as a mouse pretty often. I did mess up and toss the alpha in with the beta as I described in step 2 of my post, but placed it properly after the mess up and reinstalling launchbox to ensure no stray file or config was messing anything up.

 

Don't have time to do the log now (sorry!), but should be able to do it either super late tonight or tomorrow sometime.

I suspect whatever the problem is you're running into can be fixed pretty quickly. Whenever you have 10 min of free time, hit me up on Steam and we will resolve the issue. I'm typically up very late so I will probably be around if you msg me tonight. Sometimes I miss the Steam friend request notification, so if you don't respond to your friend request in 4 or 5 min, post a followup msg in this thread telling me to check Steam for your friend request. Sorry for the issues man but hopefully we can get things sorted out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...