LaunchBox Community Forums

Zomb's Lair - Reviving Old Classics

Zombeaver

33 minutes ago, guineu said:

Nice work. Just wanted to propose 'Chasm: The Rift' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasm:_The_Rift) as a perfect candidate for your project.

One of those forgotten FPS games from the 90s that deserves some love.

Chasm's great. It's one I've already got on my list, and I've already got it setup in my library.

The only problem is that, by default, it doesn't run particularly well unless you're using the base 320x200 resolution, which doesn't bother me but I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't like. There is a port project (which is still in development) called PanzerChasm though that I've been meaning to try out as well as some patches that supposedly fix the issue natively. I'll try both out and see how it goes.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, DOS76 said:

Heavy Metal looks pretty cool got it running on my HTPC last night never even heard of it before so thanks for hooking these up for us.

The juvenile that hides within me couldn't resist recording this video of Julie Big Booty. It's two minutes of your life you'll never get back, but I found it amusing.

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Haha 1

Great site Zombie Beaver! I like that GIF animation of Chasm (which has caught my eye) because I've never been aware of the game before. It looks similar to Blood (which I only became aware of a few months ago). Great stuff. Will get on these when I'm back working in the MS-DOS section of my collection.

• Like 1

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with PCEm the last couple days. I'd messed around with a 95 environment in DOSBox Daum, and I had a sortof barebones setup but it's really a pain in the ass to work with to be honest. PCEm, while still complex, is a lot easier to deal with in a 95+ scenario. It's been a bit of learning process but I'm making progress with it! I've even got it setup with an emulated 3dfx Voodoo 2.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

image.thumb.png.cedfd0be7949ea2e2336cde3f46ac4da.png

• Like 1