LaunchBox Community Forums

Zomb's Lair - Reviving Old Classics

Zombeaver

Thanks again for your fantastic work Zombeaver.

If you ever have some free time could you consider Kiss Psycho Circus? It's one of those FPS that I remember playing when it came out and having lots of fun but has been completely forgotten. Would be nice to play it again.

On 14/04/2018 at 9:54 PM, Zombeaver said:

It's just regular Daum, but with a conf that I made for that specific game - Star Trek: The Next Generation - A Final Unity.

Ah ok, thanks.  I thought this another new fangled version of DOSBox that I didn't know about haha.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

• 3 months later...

Yep, it's definitely still alive - it's just that lately 1) I've been actually playing some games recreationally (what a novel concept :P) and 2) a lot of my spare project time has been dedicated to converting C64 stuff over to the format that I used for C64 Dreams. I started with my existing library of C64 games which was about 300 games and then moved on to finding new games to add to the collection and I'm currently at 490. I've now moved on to perusing the Gamebase64 screenshot folder (which has about 50k images) and writing down the names of anything that looks interesting so that I can add it. I'm going through them alphabetically and am currently about half-way through the letter "B" (with 100+ games noted to add from #-B) O.o I have no idea what the final tally of games will be when all is said and done, but it'll be into the thousands I'm sure; though it certainly won't be anywhere near the 30,000+ games in the C64 library. Curation 4 lyfe. My goal is to eventually release it as a large collection.

I've still got plenty of stuff on the to-do list, a lot of which I could knock out pretty quick, I just have to pull myself away from the other stuff long enough to do it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

2) a lot of my spare project time has been dedicated to converting C64 stuff over to the format that I used for C64 Dreams. I started with my existing library of C64 games which was about 300 games and then moved on to finding new games to add to the collection and I'm currently at 490. I've now moved on to perusing the Gamebase64 screenshot folder (which has about 50k images) and writing down the names of anything that looks interesting so that I can add it. I'm going through them alphabetically and am currently about half-way through the letter "B" (with 100+ games noted to add from #-B) O.o I have no idea what the final tally of games will be when all is said and done, but it'll be into the thousands I'm sure; though it certainly won't be anywhere near the 30,000+ games in the C64 library. Curation 4 lyfe. My goal is to eventually release it as a large collection.

Yeah, I think I've got somewhere between 600 and 700 C64 games set up on Launchbox, which I think might be the most of any platform I have. Either that or the Atari 800 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you like the stuff!

I'm not super inclined to do Blood Omen - the Windows version is a port of the Playstation game. I'd recommend just playing the Playstation version in Retroarch - that way you've got good controller support, shaders, savestates, etc.