LaunchBox Community Forums

That looks really nice. I'm a big fan of themes that don't have game and system notes.

Still got heaps to do, watchyall think any tips? where should I place star ratings hmmm

image.thumb.png.2049606aba2adb9906ebb6862453ff23.png

image.thumb.png.d6b12b5ca7aecdc66e7dba27d908d35f.pngimage.thumb.png.3a520906b9cec1f4bda27804ba8dc3a2.pngimage.thumb.png.c535bcce012023d34a00f51c645f1747.png

Just some genre images I've been working on:
image.thumb.png.f632f5d622c559afef4d511f482f0f3d.png

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 1

Looks great! It might just be me, but I don't think the red lever/joystick (bottom right) matches well with this theme. Maybe you could put the star ratings there instead? :)

I really like those genre images. Definitely keep those in the theme. Shaping up really nicely. Are you planning  anything more in the top blue area above the video footage and game box? Maybe star rating?

3 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Looks great! It might just be me, but I don't think the red lever/joystick (bottom right) matches well with this theme. Maybe you could put the star ratings there instead? :)

i agree somewhat but if i put the stars at the joystick location won't it look odd with the stars randomly far away from the location of the "title"

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I really like those genre images. Definitely keep those in the theme. Shaping up really nicely. Are you planning  anything more in the top blue area above the video footage and game box? Maybe star rating?

yeah no idea i don't like the fact its blank, shoot me some ideas i was thinking a clock but dnno

the stars above the artbox is a good idea, i''ll suss it out.

I'm thinking of removing the clear logos? to much displaying the name of the game lol

Edited by wallmachine

Alright ill make some adjustments tomorrow night, from the suggestions made. Almost 1am im going bed, those genre images took a lot out of me lol.

If youve got anything you think should be added just put a comment, we want to fill the blue space at the top with relevant stuff.

Plan to release by the end of the week.

Edited by wallmachine

What happens when you get a system with a horizontal cover like the Super Nintendo or have a widescreen video like Taito Type X?

genesis_controller.thumb.png.f5183ab3053b87e6c13fb583cf673552.pngreplace arcade stick with this. has alpha so no worries

Edited by harryoke

5 hours ago, Styphelus said:

What happens when you get a system with a horizontal cover like the Super Nintendo or have a widescreen video like Taito Type X?

Ill take a screenshot when i get home, youll be surprised.

@wallmachine Is it possible to code the theme that depending on platform the image of the arcade stick can switch between a gamepad logo and an arcade stick logo? I have always wanted a theme to do this since one of my cabinets is setup with both and would be cool to show the user which one to use per platform. 

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@wallmachine Is it possible to code the theme that depending on platform the image of the arcade stick can switch between a gamepad logo and an arcade stick logo? I have always wanted a theme to do this since one of my cabinets is setup with both and would be cool to show the user which one to use per platform. 

I'll have to look into this. But it most likely won't be possible without a plugin, and I don't know how to make one, sorry. A lot of extra features I would like to add but I guess making themes have gone from 'simplistic' to you need to know how to code if you want something more maybe this can be a suggestion for a feature in the upcoming poll?

5 hours ago, Styphelus said:

Here is a screenshot I'll probably do some more adjusting.

4:3 video and hortizontal image

image.thumb.png.4acb2bc21aeef2c4219f9fc39fc0b8cd.png

16:9 video and vertical image

image.thumb.png.39e50c43340e637b71e7292a2f5f525c.png

1 minute ago, wallmachine said:

I'll have to look into this. But it most likely won't be possible without a plugin, and I don't know how to make one, sorry. A lot of extra features I would like to add but I guess making themes have gone from 'simplistic' to you need to know how to code if you want something more maybe this can be a suggestion for a feature in the upcoming poll?

Ah no worries. I figured it would be something plug-in related. Thought I would ask any way as I never asked before. 

6 hours ago, harryoke said:

genesis_controller.thumb.png.f5183ab3053b87e6c13fb583cf673552.pngreplace arcade stick with this. has alpha so no worries

Problem is i dont know of a set which has all systems with the same style of images

Edited by wallmachine

I would recommend the arcade stick as default and then maybe leave steps how to change the image to a controller of the users preference. Not sure how you have that image loading in your theme, but if it is not an image that is part of the background and it is pulling from a .png to display maybe the user could replace that .png with a controller image they choose and make sure it is named as the "*".png the theme would look for. 

Using a model specific controller as the default may have too many people that do not use that particular controller asking you to change it.

31 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I would recommend the arcade stick as default and then maybe leave steps how to change the image to a controller of the users preference. Not sure how you have that image loading in your theme, but if it is not an image that is part of the background and it is pulling from a .png to display maybe the user could replace that .png with a controller image they choose and make sure it is named as the "*".png the theme would look for. 

Using a model specific controller as the default may have too many people that do not use that particular controller asking you to change it.

Its a joystick gif that moves up and down.

I like how you've managed the video and image sizing, it seems to be working well you can't tell it's forced at first which is what matters. The clear logos for me would be better floating on top of the video with a darkish drop Shadow and dropped down so it's in the top left of the video.

Great work @wallmachine 

• Like 1

Big props to @NJDave71 and @eatkinola for the plugins wouldn't be able to make the themes without the great plugins they provided.

Here is a little video, throw me your ideas. I've still got to make region and player images.

Also if someone has a different colour palette for they would like to suggest for the genre images let me know and I can change it or create an alternative.

Note: spoke with jason about the joystick to see if its possible to make it move upon selection of a game, he mentioned something for themes will be in the new poll. Vote for theme stuff guys so we can have awesome looking themes.

This game has a shit ton of genres...

Edited by wallmachine