LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox - Select Random Game Feature fixed by "Wheel Spin"

FreeSoftwareServers

For some reason I can't seem to be able to get the game details and notes to show on the recent builds since it was added in 2.0.5. Not sure if I'm missing something. I have title, publisher, publisher, developer, release date, star rating, genre, series, play mode, notes and favorite icon enabled with details and notes scrolling.  However, it is functioning as in previous builds with the exception of the addition made in 2.0.6, with box art being shown for games that have it and the "filler art" for those which don't working as intended.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing progress on this plugin. This should come with LB / Bigbox!!!

Two quick questions:

1) When I hold left I get the plugin to load but I also get the alphabet - letter filter option come up. Is there a way to set the alphabet filter to only show up if I press left?

2) I'm a little confused how to toggle game details in plugin window. Any help? I've checked the included file, sorry to say, still don't get it.

Thanks

The menus we're combined in the newer versions to only use the hold right.  The newest version is available on the GitHub page. The details can't be enabled unless on the latest version. 

On the GitHub page I've put up some pretty detailed instructions. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hey! It's been a while but I had a question about the plugin @Grila. If I leave it on a game for a while in the menu (Maybe two minutes) it will automatically try to open it. Mame games don't seem to fully launch, but it does launch my Demul ones. Wasn't sure if it was intentional so I thought I'd ask to see. Plugin is working great, just took a while for daft me to realize the instructions were in plain sight to get details added. ?

6 hours ago, MayorQwert said:

If I leave it on a game for a while in the menu (Maybe two minutes) it will automatically try to open it.

I doubt this has anything to do with the plugin code. As you can inspect on GitHub, there is no code there to make it do such a thing. Do you happen to have Attract Mode enabled? Anyways, I'll do some testing and see if I can replicate the issue.

6 hours ago, MayorQwert said:

Mame games don't seem to fully launch, but it does launch my Demul ones.

Again, most likely nothing in the code causing this. All it does is call the IGame.Play() method from the API, found here http://pluginapi.launchbox-app.com/html/b089abab-f60b-7b1c-4be3-b20a04dcfb73.htm. But, I'll happily take a look and see if I can replicate this also.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Grila said:

I doubt this has anything to do with the plugin code. As you can inspect on GitHub, there is no code there to make it do such a thing. Do you happen to have Attract Mode enabled? Anyways, I'll do some testing and see if I can replicate the issue. 

Again, most likely nothing in the code causing this. All it does is call the IGame.Play() method from the API, found here http://pluginapi.launchbox-app.com/html/b089abab-f60b-7b1c-4be3-b20a04dcfb73.htm. But, I'll happily take a look and see if I can replicate this also.

It seems to definitely be an issue with attract mode, I tried the same conditions when it is disabled and never had the problem of it randomly selecting the game.  It's not really something that has any real effect on usability or performance, but quite an oddity for sure.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...