LaunchBox Community Forums

Vote on LaunchBox Upcoming Features - February/March 2018

Lordmonkus

On 19/2/2018 at 3:23 PM, Lordmonkus said:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/launchboxsurvey2018

Get your votes in now, just remember that the poll results will determine the order things get added so everything barring some unforeseen problems will make it in eventually before the next poll.

Edit: Just to clarify, features with really low votes may not make it in before the next poll but they could get carried over into the next poll.

No doubt my favorites  :

1. Pause screen like the rocket launcher pause, with manual, walktrougth, the time played, the times played : 

1.2 Game time counter,  take screnshot, take video, save, load, view manual, serah in wikipedia, search in youtube, search walktrougth it would be incredible!

Spoiler

Pause_Guides_Menu.png

2. Retroachivements full integration , can navigate inside the achievements like in their emulators

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para retroachievements emulators

3. Control definitions that allow show the platform control (It should be added for a paused menu as well, but it would be faster with a control automation definition same for the manuals)

Spoiler

GameBoy Advance Setup (X360).png

4. It would be amazing put a lot of songs in a folder, and them be played aleatory navigating in this platform, with customizable parameters like ( play aleatory, play in order, play all song, play 2 minutes per song etc)fd

5. TIme play tracking, very interesting, like rocketlaucher, it would be implemented with his filter most time played games, etc:

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para played time rocket launcher pause

5. Custom default images per platforma game, very useful for those games without artwork, it would be show an image like this

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para snes generic cartridge

6 (THIS IS NOT IN TE VOTE LIST) I think it would be crazy amazing have a platform details menu in big box, for example in the platform selection menu have an option for "View platform details..." like the game details but per platform,like this image bigbox.PNG2.thumb.jpg.c1397fd7ba616b6f253022bf612b7f7a.jpg

bigbox.PNG.thumb.jpg.10c57beedaffe2538a2cb13f55fbf708.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Damn, I guess I don't get it then. Oh well.

Sorry for not clarifying. The main issue is that often times games will have the same name on different platforms, but be completely different games, especially when comparing platforms from different periods of time.

12 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

Seems like if launchbox can find any game with a certain name across all platforms and make a playlist out of that, surely it can find what other platforms a game is on and then let you launch it?

I guess @Jason Carr could relative easily add a "Other games from the Series" option in the play menu that creates a custom filter with all the games within the same series tag.

7 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

I guess @Jason Carr could relative easily add a "Other games from the Series" option in the play menu that creates a custom filter with all the games within the same series tag.

Good point; I hadn't thought of that, though unfortunately it would still not be accurate, since a lot more games have the same series than are actually the same games.

12 hours ago, wallmachine said:

image.png.59aecc2b0f4825ebba47a2fc0c16601d.png

Yeah, I've seen several reports of this. As far as I know the poll entries are still being taken in but that angers me a bit since we pay SurveyMonkey like $400 a year. I sent them an angry email lol. I guess most likely we'll be using a new survey provider next time.

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, I've seen several reports of this. As far as I know the poll entries are still being taken in but that angers me a bit since we pay SurveyMonkey like $400 a year. I sent them an angry email lol. I guess most likely we'll be using a new survey provider next time.

I got it again today. :( 

21 hours ago, g0d53nd said:

Voted, so excitied about the pause screen stuff.

Yep, I can't wait until the day I can get rid of RocketLauncher. I have it working perfectly fine and know my way around it and even then I want it gone, so much time wasted with that program that I could have been playing games instead. I am absolutely afraid to update the thing (done it before it it got all messed up). 

I'm with you on his, I can't wait to be done with RL. The Pause screen is the main reason I use it, once LB has that I'm done with RL. I like you am absolutely afraid to update RL for the exact same reason.

I'm only afraid to update because of the renaming you have to do in the module Ini files for systems that aren't standard names (NES homebrew) so they will still launch.  Once you update it writes over those and doesn't have all the names you put in previously, so you have to manually add them all back.  

I'd still need fade to cover up emulator loading, and the great keymapping part of RL before I completely ditched it. But pause would be a great and huge step for a front end; to have that functionality built in.

Edited by damageinc86

6 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I'm only afraid to update because of the renaming you have to do in the module Ini files for systems that aren't standard names (NES homebrew) so they will still launch.  Once you update it writes over those and doesn't have all the names you put in previously, so you have to manually add them all back.  

I'd still need fade to cover up emulator loading, and the great keymapping part of RL before I completely ditched it. But pause would be a great and huge step for a front end; to have that functionality built in.

You can copy the modules you want to edit and rename the copied directory and all of it's files to something different, like "Retroarch - Edited" or whatever you want. Then go into the new edited module's directory and open the .ahk file.

Look for something like:

iCRC := "66666666"
MID := "6666666666666666666"

And delete all off the digits in quotes so it looks like:

iCRC := ""
MID := ""

Now you can update RL without it overwriting your new edited modules.

well polls seems to be done for now. Wanted to add an extra vote for the rotating CD, but I guess at this point my input wouldn't have change the outcome. I'm actually very curious as to what was the top 10 most voted features :)

There were so many good features and only a handful of them will make it. Looking forward to the results!

2 minutes ago, ZeroX9876 said:

well polls seems to be done for now. Wanted to add an extra vote for the rotating CD, but I guess at this point my input wouldn't have change the outcome. I'm actually very curious as to what was the top 10 most voted features :)

There were so many good features and only a handful of them will make it. Looking forward to the results!

Just closed the poll because some very special individual decided to game the system and vote for nested folders 300 times lol. Spent an hour of his time doing it too, all for naught because they were easy to identify and remove. ;)

I'll post the poll results here very shortly.

12 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Just closed the poll because some very special individual decided to game the system and vote for nested folders 300 times lol. Spent an hour of his time doing it too, all for naught because they were easy to identify and remove. ;)

I'll post the poll results here very shortly.

Please don't hold his bad behavior against nested folders.  :)