LaunchBox Community Forums

Vote on LaunchBox Upcoming Features - February/March 2018

Lordmonkus

So judging from the results, rotating CD didn't made the cut right?

Lots of the new features will surely help some of us get rid of Rocket Launcher :)

actually surprised that the Spinner feature wasn't voted that much. great for Cab designs. So many features.... I think were asking too much of you ;)

loved the way you went to create the poll by taking your personal time to stream and write down every feature we've asked. Kudos to you and your amazing coding skills!!

Edited by ZeroX9876
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeroX9876 said:

So judging from the results, rotating CD didn't made the cut right?

Lots of the new features will surely help some of us get rid of Rocket Launcher :)

That's correct, most likely it's too far down the list to get implemented before the next poll. That said, there is at least one theme out there that already does it, and I know that there's a theme coming that does it as well, so it's probably mostly a non-issue, since themes are doing it already anyways. We were just going to make it more standardized is all.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

That's correct, most likely it's too far down the list to get implemented before the next poll. That said, there is at least one theme out there that already does it, and I know that there's a theme coming that does it as well, so it's probably mostly a non-issue, since themes are doing it already anyways. We were just going to make it more standardized is all.

Will you be doing live streams again when working on some of these features? I'm sure many of us Rocket Launcher users have a few ideas for the Pause and Launch screens :)

16 minutes ago, Omen said:

Will you be doing live streams again when working on some of these features? I'm sure many of us Rocket Launcher users have a few ideas for the Pause and Launch screens :)

I may; I'm not sure. The beta testing threads though will always be open to take in ideas on what's being implemented.

• Like 1

I like RocketLauncher but it is a pain sometimes, and i love the fade option it makes it going into the game nice and clean, specialy when you got the same background image set to Layer 1. Pause menu is fantastic, it is something Launchbox realy needs it would be awesome.

BTW: Im very impresed with LB and BB and the way you guys and i mean all of you work on this !!!Is Amazing!!! thanks for that and i mean it :P

I wish i had a little bit more time to spend and do some nice things with sound stuff....  maby soon who knows:D

THX

• Like 2

So I received the email with the poll link on Tuesday 20th at 6pm. I thought I would get the working week out of the way and then sit down on Friday after work and have a read of the poll. Perhaps others have the same kind of routine.

The poll is now closed.

Excuse my frustration but why has the damned poll been closed after roughly 3 days?

Edited by JamesBond@ge

6 minutes ago, JamesBond@ge said:

So that post was made 22 hours ago. That subtracts one more day from the three days I originally mentioned. Two days to vote in the poll? What are we all? Chained to our computers or something. I do feel like shouting and swearing at the moment but I'm going to refrain.

Understandable James but basically if that particular person had a life and didn't abuse the poll like he did, Jason would've possibly left it open for about a week or so. Besides I'm sure Jason wants to get started on implementing the most voted features as soon as possible. Remember he has about a year or so to put in as many of the top voted features as possible before the next poll.

Edited by Azgorath

Fine. Stuff it then.

Thanks for the "blah blah blah" from LaunchBox's unofficial spokesperson. All of it is scant consolation though.

(I don't mean to be so rude to you but you are doing the busybody / schmoozing thing which is really not helping.  A lot of what you're saying is guesswork.)

Edited by JamesBond@ge

@JamesBond@ge Once the votes that are coming in slow down to a crawl, the results never change. Whether you had voted late or not honestly would have made no difference at all in the poll results. I've seen this now through several of our polls. Once the polls hit a couple thousands votes, the results almost never change. I'm sorry you missed the poll, but it really wouldn't have made any difference at all.

Also, @Azgorath is just trying to help and answer your questions. You just shot the messenger for no good reason. Chill out.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

@JamesBond@ge Once the votes that are coming in slow down to a crawl, the results never change. Whether you had voted late or not honestly would have made no difference at all in the poll results. I've seen this now through several of our polls. Once the polls hit a couple thousands votes, the results almost never change. I'm sorry you missed the poll, but it really wouldn't have made any difference at all.

Also, @Azgorath is just trying to help and answer your questions. You just shot the messenger for no good reason. Chill out.

It's cool Jason. I understand how and why he's feeling frustrated so I'm not taking it personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Fine. Stuff it then.

Thanks for the "blah blah blah" from LaunchBox's unofficial spokesperson. All of it is scant consolation though.

(I don't mean to be so rude to you but you are doing the busybody / schmoozing thing which is really not helping.  A lot of what you're saying is guesswork.)

Calm down dude, it a frontend, not the cure for cancer. You are getting way too heated over a program.

• Like 1

The cure for Cancer analogy is trite and base, and a world away from what this forum is about. Why even use it? You'll be calling me a "Nazi" next https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law. I'm heated about the poll being ended in a little over two days, not the program, so let's get that right please. You speak like the poll doesn't even matter, and yet there was a big build up to it through the Live Stream and emails being sent with lines like "let's get as many votes as we can, everyone in the community matters" and then boom, a little over two days and the poll is closed. The poll hasn't even been let to run over the weekend which is surely prime time where a bundle of away workers like myself might vote.

Look, I know my voice of dissent is going against the Status Quo and I apologise for the rippling the ch'i of the Forum but if you can't see my (and possibly others) point of view, then you obviously didn't blink like I did when the poll email came around.

I'll quieten down now and unsubscribe from this thread so no need to troll me any further.....I won't read or respond.....but honestly, I don't understand the logic sometimes.  To me, the poll was a BIG event and I guess I'm still stung over what happened over the summer......

Edited by JamesBond@ge

I do see your point of view but you also have to see Jason's if people are voting over 300 times for items they want then the poll is being skewed in an unfair manner and that isn't acceptable either. You've been a long time user here and it is unfortunate that you didn't get to vote but if your asking us to see it from your point of view you have to afford us the same consideration.

James you can play the victim all you want but no one is trolling you. Honestly it's Jason's business, he should be able to conduct his polls however he pleases. I'm happy he even gives his customers the time of day, many business owners don't.

Wow @Omen get over yourself mate. Truly.

The dude is making a very valid point. And I share his frustrations, both his original point and the frustration of being told "get over it your vote wouldnt have mattered anyway" heh.

Edited by JRPGod
  • Haha 1