LaunchBox Community Forums
Reevesad

Bezel Art for Mame

I only actually cut and pasted from his artwork onto the templates, didn't even know there were animated controls on them. 

At a guess I would say try one of his files first so take out the pictures and leave the lay file. If that doesn't work then maybe replace the lay file with one from his templates.

Which file are you looking for to replace?

There are a couple that are animated. It looks like his latest bezels started to incorporate it. It's neat, but a bit annoying and distracting during gameplay - and it hits the cpu pretty hard, which sucks for sower systems/setups. I think he was just tinkering around and trying to make something different.

One of the street fighter games and a few more had animated art. It's not a big deal, I was able to switch to his other view with a diff art. Though I art in the animated bezel better. I need to re-download your set and see what you have for those. I am kind of making a mashup all the bezel sets, mainly just trying to find missing art for the more obscure games I have pinned to my favorites list. It seems like every set focuses on different game styles; sometimes having missing art for some of the big classics.

Once I started converting the bezels I then realised that there were loads missing so I did a spreadsheet dump of all my romset (1800+), and worked alphabetically through the list to find a bezel for each rom. Where I couldn't find a bezel I then proceeded to make my own ones using artwork/ fan artwork ect for the games found on the internet. Unfortunately there's not artwork for every game especially some of the older games so I just used orionsangels side cabinet artwork and then made some variations for both vertical and Horizontal roms (6 for each, 12 in total).

I did delete a lot of the Japanese/Korean games that had foreign text on them, but that was my own preference.

My sets don't focus on genres or games styles. I've literally just gone through my whole rom set and made sure I have a bezel for each game. very OCD. 

I do have the Excel spreadsheet saved and it lists every game from my romset with all the romnames. So I'm happy to upload that if you want to cross reference with your set. as some of the romnames were quite obscure or slightly different from the bezels I found on the internet.

Here's an example of a game that I kept from Korea. I made this bezel as I couldn't find any artwork but just made it look like an arcade with other pachinko games in the background.

real_clear.png

On 7/17/2018 at 3:51 AM, Reevesad said:

I've literally just gone through my whole rom set and made sure I have a bezel for each game. very OCD. 

Hah, I hear you. This emulation stuff will bring that out in you. I was up way too late every day last week fine tuning my MAME controls and artwork. It does not make waking up early for work fun at all.

• Haha 1